• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ibkXZPI0ESpgve.PNG

TODAY's DEALS:

iRcak1JWVniYQ.PNG

YESTERDAY's DEALS:

iirrUs51OZ3HU.PNG

FLASH DEALS:

i75YI06OfsptY.PNG

INDIE GAMES ON SALE TILL LAST DAY (click):

Backgrounds:

as The_Technomancer once said:

Tips:
Search other regions of the Steam store by adding'?cc=uk', '?cc=us', '?cc=fr' at the end of Steam's address.
You can spread the payments over multiple credit cards by adding money from each card/ account to your steam wallet:
1)Log into the client
2)Click on '.... account' at the top right corner of the page
3)Click 'add funds to Steam wallet'
If you are charged twice for a purchase, DO. NOT. FILE. A. CHARGEBACK! Work with Valve directly to fix the issue.

LovingSteam's (RIP) corner:

What is Steam:

A digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game updates, and in-game voice and chat functionality.

As of 2011, there are over 1,500 + games available through Steam. In January 2010 Valve claimed that it had surpassed 25 million active user accounts. Although Valve never releases sales figures, Steam is estimated to have a 70% share of the digital distribution market for video games.

Many major publishers have catalogs on Steam, including Electronic Arts, Activision, 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ, Sega, Codemasters, id Software, LucasArts, Capcom, Rockstar Games, Square Enix, Microsoft, and Bethesda Softworks.
Quote:
Security-
1. Verify Email HERE
2. Steam Guard-Within steam go to Steam> Settings> Manage Steam Gaurd>Keep account guarded by Steam Guard. For more info go here
3. Fishing Attempts- Valve will NEVER email you with sales or include a link that requires you log in. Its a phishing scam. Don't fall for it.
Quote:

FAQ-
How do I contact Steam support?
Steam Support
Is my support account the same as my Steam account?
No. Your Steam, Steam Forums, and Steam Support accounts are all different
Is there offline mode?
Yes, from within the client click on 'Steam' and then select 'Go offline'. You will have to store your log in information and periodically (every 30 days?) go online to verify files.
How can I add a non Steam game to the client?
Go to 'GAMES' and click on 'Add a non-Steam game to library'
Remember you can also pay with PayPal

Real FAQ

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Useful Sites:

SteamPrices.com compares game and package prices from the Steam Store. At the moment, USD, GBP and EUR for a bunch of different regions are supported.

This site was created in order to show the huge difference in Steam Store prices for single games and packages. You can choose one of the supported currencies and compare "your" price to the ones in the other countries and regions. By and by, some comfortable comparison features and other stuff have been added, especially for registered users.

By the help of SteamPrices.com, you are able to search for games and packages and access multiple listings. Additionally, current spotlights and Steam news are also displayed.

For better browsing of every game on sale at the moment I recommend using SteamGameSales (great to find the cheapest sale-long discounts)

***UPDATING AS WE GO***

iUhun7h0oGZVV.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You're not fluffydelusions.

Much better OP :p

Like I said in the other thread, Endless Space is finally on sale! $15 right now, hopefully it's a daily/flash sale later on in the week.

Nabs

Chime - $1.24
Critter Crunch - $1.74
Toki Tori - $0.49
Bad Rats - $0.49
Puzzle Dimension - $0.74
Rock of Ages - $2.38
Audiosurf - $2.49
Limbo - $2.49

You know what I liked? Sleeping without worrying about missing a Flash Sale.
Also where is the voting?

With the negativity out of my system let's buy games!

Necrovex

Going to wait on Dark Souls and Revelations. All I really need from this year's Steam Sale.

If AC3 goes on sale, and it is low enough, I may consider getting it.

Miker

Going to wait on Dark Souls and Revelations. All I really need from this year's Steam Sale.

If AC3 goes on sale, and it is low enough, I may consider getting it.

Dark Souls will be $15 from Amazon soon. Check the thread for details.

Hopefully Arkham Asylum and Arkham City go on sale. These two have been in my backlog for way too long, and I finally have a PC good enough to actually play them.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Picked up Payday, probably grab Gemini Rue and Hotline Miami if they go on daily deals.

I mentioned this in the other thread as well. But just to note several of the Steam applications are on sale as well, so they seem to be in the same "big holiday sales" bucket as Steam games. Going to pick up ArtRage Studio (50% off) myself probably to go along with a MonoPrice tablet.

Uthred

Pretty poor deals compared to Amazon and GMG (not least because Euro customers can pay in dollars with the former two)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Glad to see LucasArts' catalogue is on sale. Now all I need is for the Star Wars pack to go up as a Daily/Flash Sale and I'll be done, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom