• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Where is the "all specials" button gone? Cargo Commander is on sale but not showing up on the sale pages at all (wouldn't have seen it if not for here).

Should we maybe have a list added to the OP of people who can help with buying in different regions? Or are we going to keep that to the official DD gifting thread?

kitzkozan

Oh god, don't think I need much right now. I'll wait for the winter sale outside of some stuff like KOTOR or Morrowind/Oblivion with discount (mostly old games which will be sold for cheap). :]

ShaneB

Be sure to check your wishlist all. There's way more specials than what is on the main page! Trine 2, Burnout Paradise, NFSMW, Vikings, hard reset, Rayman Origins, Witcher 2, Riddick are all ranging from 33-50% off. I wonder if Vikings is worth 8,00$?

As stated in the OP, wait for Daily Deals bud! :p

RetroMG

I just got confirmation of when I start my new job, and my wife just got a raise... Went to buy Hitman to celebrate, and now there's a sale. $50 just became $132.

Amagon

0hGlSl.jpg

FinKL

LOL @ Gaben Ready

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Even though Chivalry is marked down 20%, I should wait for the Daily Deal?

Was wondering why there wasn't a midweek yesterday (I check at least midweek/weekend deals, even if I don't check every daily deal) and suddenly Autumn Sale!

Totally gonna grab KotOR II. Best price for that yet and unlikely to go lower. Otherwise I probably pretty much have everything I want at this point.

Maybe if Torchlight 2 hits $5, but I wouldn't expect that before the Winter Sale.

feel

I don't really need new games to play RIGHT NOW, so I'm thinking of waiting for possible bigger discounts from the December sale on the games I want.

cicero

I know, but I have most of the other games. And to be honest, I have such a huge backlog that if a game isn't in my Steam library, I'll forget I own it and probably never play it.

Still, for anyone that's not me, the GOG sale is a great deal.

ah, ok. Just didn't want someone to miss out on that deal if they didn't know about it. I am double dipping on that sale for titles I already own on Steam/Desura.

Ionic

Don't overlook Intrusion 2 if you like crazy run 'n guns. It's pretty short and a little janky with the physics, but it's a blast when giant wall climbing robot dogs start throwing boxes from the scenery at you while you charge in on a giant wolf. The bosses are also fairly spectacular.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yes, you should buy KOTOR 2. I replayed it recently and had an awesome time with it. Like KOTOR, it's fairly accessible but offers far more depth and variation in character building compared to the likes of say, Mass Effect. The writing is up there with Obsidian/Avellone's best, it features some awesome characters (specifically Kreia) and it avoids obvious cliches and simplistic black and white choices. I was engaged from start to finish, which doesn't happen often. It has a reputation for being buggy and rushed, which may be somewhat deserved, but it's a great and under appreciated RPG. One of my personal faves <3.

Use this stuff:

CONTENT RESTORATION MOD
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm
TSLRCM tries to fix to the best of our abilities the issues The Sith Lords had due to being rushed. TSLRCM contains a host of restored content, most important ones the HK factory and your party members appearing on Malachor. Also this mod fixes many many bugs left inside TSL. More than a thousand bugs have been fixed, from small dialog issues to gamebreaking bugs. The end result is that this mod gives you the most polished and full TSL experience possible, the best possible chance to get the full experience Obsidian tried for when making the game.

WIDESCREEN FIXES + OTHER GOOD SHIT
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_–_The_Sith_Lords

(not pictured, but the aspect ratio of the HUD will be skewed after the WS fix. there are no fixes for this yet :(.)

Let the steam RPG begin......

Damn Gaben where's Mass Effect Collection??!!!

KOTOR 2 in cart! Will go to work and then I'll decide if anything else deserves to be in my cart.

Some discounted games on my Wishilist:

Hero academy 50%

Rock of Ages 75%

Analogue: A Hate Story 75%

Q.U.B.E. 75%

Dear Esther 50%

Gemini Rue 75%

ShaneB

I don't really need new games to play RIGHT NOW, so I'm thinking of waiting for possible bigger discounts from the December sale on the games I want.

I'm praying I can stick to this as well, since there's nothing I want to play right now. Trying to stick to maybe just buying games that are 2.50$ or less. KotoR II and Critter Crunch in my cart right now.

coopolon

So how good is KOTOR2? Even at that price I'm skeptical.

If you have so little interest that $2.50 is scaring you away, it's probably not the game for you.

It's an amazing game though. The decent mechanics from KOTOR1 with actually interesting characters and decisions. Especially with the restoration mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom