• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

DieH@rd

Banned
0012as04.png

i9dSAuwzbHpn3.gif

003r5ske.png

story5djkj.png

banner-gameinfo15kkr.png

Crysis 3 features some of the most advanced gaming technologies on the market, giving every player the ability to play their game how they like, tackle any problem with many solutions and explore rich and detailed world with agility and precision that no other FPS game can offer.

• Immerse yourself in beautiful world of urban rainforest, located in the ruins of the Manhattan. Traverse trough swamps, mountains, canyons, open grass fields and many more environments.

• Take full advantage from Nanosuit - combat armor that will allow you to tackle any problem with countless solutions.

• Meet your new best friend – Composite Predator Bow. This powerful weapon will allow you to hunt like a true predator, and its wide array of customization options (various arrow tips and draw power ratios) will be enough to subdue any foe.

• Adapt to any combat encounter with unconventional alien and manmade weapons – such as Typhon projectile minigun that can fire 500 rounds per second!

• Stalk your enemies with Nanosuit predator mode, traverse silently trough vertical landscape and find new ways to remain hidden.

• Rush in the center of battle with Nanosuit Armor mode which will give you the ability to protect yourself from enemy attacks.

• Customize not only your weapons, but also yourself. Find Nanosuit upgrades, unlock various suit modes (larger energy battery, silent sprinting, stronger armor, etc.) and save them into presets that can be activated with the press of a button.

• Take full advantage from Visor mode, detailed radar vision that can not only help you mark enemies and objects around you, but also help you traverse the area and find the best possible way to finish your objective.

• Multiplayer side of the game has received many upgrades. Unlock new abilities, weapons and gear and battle on wide array of open and close maps.

• Online mode Hunter enables everyone to experience the thrill of the hunt, from perspectives of both hunters and the prey.

• Award winning CryEngine 3 packs most comprehensive array of advanced tools that will enable everyone to experience new generation of graphics. Advanced effects such as dynamics vegetation, water caustics, penumbra shadows, advanced lightning and particles and new tessellation/pixel displacement techniques will take full advantage of any gaming hardware you give it access to. From gaming consoles, budget PCs to high-end gaming rigs.
banner-systreqvfkib.png

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC:
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
• Dual core CPU
• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
• Nvidia GTS 450
• Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5770
• AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC:
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core GPU
• 4GB Memory
• Nvidia GTX 560
• Intel Core i3-530
Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5870
• AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance PC Specifications:
• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
• Latest quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory
• NVidia GTX 680
• Intel Core i7-2600k
Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD7970
• AMD Bulldozer FX8350

Crysis 3 does not require an online pass for it's multiplayer.
PC version of Crysis 3 is exclusive to Origin digital distribution system.

separator-screenshotstdum7.png

videosseparatorhtkj7.png

banner-previewsreviewgvj6q.png

Previews:
Shacknews
Metro.co.uk
NY Post
It Wire
VG247 Video Preview - Swamps

Reviews:
CD-Action Mag 9/10
Gamereactor.dk - 8/10
Gamerfuzion.com - 9/10
nydailynews.com - 5/5
Polygon - 7/10 (aegis is the author)
Eurogamer - 7/10
IGN - 8.5
Edge - 6/10
CVG - 8.5
Destructoid - 7.5
Kotaku - NO
Gamespy - 4/5
GameInformer - 8.5
Gametrailers - 9.0
Gamespot - 7.5
Edge 6/10

banneravatarscopyt0yxq.png

psychoqkj0x.jpg

prophetr0kn7.jpg

Eideka

Banned
Very good OP, clear, concise and informative.

Regarding Crysis 3...I'm not expecting a masterpiece but if they manage to improve upon Crysis 2 in a meaningful way I'm in. At least it won't disappoint graphically speaking.

Flawless thread title. The end of Crysis 2 was so ridiculous. But I am very much looking forward to Crysis 3. I think my PC is ready. Got a 680 just in time.

cannot wait for the overrated hype train once again crytek. I made the mistake of buying 2 day 1, never again. With you or bioware.

Tankshell

Looking forward to the game, but I remember the days when screenshots were actually, you know... undoctored actual in game screenshots. Not this rendered-in-engine+cinematic-dev-only-camera-angle+photoshop-enhancments+post-processing-effects bullshit.

Can't wait for the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is the release date missing in the OP or is my phone just fucking with me?

Metal-Geo

The beta really grew onto me. Hunter is now one of my favorite game modes in first person shooters ever.

Any info on the pre-loading? I want to play this the second it's active on Origin.

Is the release date missing in the OP or is my phone just fucking with me?
Look under the box covers near the top.

Shmowzow!

Banned
CryEngine is still the most impressive and radical game-engine improvement I've seen to date. The games failed to interest me in the slightest tho.

I guess Crytek is turning it into Unreal Tournament, where a new release is more or less just a techdemo for their engine. I wish more devs would use CryEngine in their games, could be interesting...

kuYuri

But think about the the ending! Heyooooooo

OR DID HE? :) He was first Alcatraz, but called Prophet by everyone, but then real Prophet took over... maybe. At the end, he even called himself Batman. :D

Oh, I was under the impression that
he was Alcatraz and then Prophet's memories or something took over due to the suit. It was some weird shit at the end for sure.

MaLDo

OR DID HE? :) He was first Alcatraz, but called Prophet by everyone, but then real Prophet took over... maybe. At the end, he even called himself Batman. :D

Prophet is the nanosuit itself, like batman suit is the real batman. :p

You can be Alcatraz but after you wear the "Sharp Dress" the suit owns you and became Prophet.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really hope that they will bring back Nomad. Just find his suit [or at least pieces of it], and give him new body.

Was hoping for an OT like this

8FuYN.gif
It's nice to be remembered.

You would have gotten one, I said I'd make the thread back when the game was revealed, but apparently now there's an official thread in the community section where you have to sign up to make official threads.

But I feel this worked out well as meta commentary on the state of the franchise, previous audience being excited about the games, the disappointment in the new direction and subsequent abandoning of said audience, and now the new audience is excited about the new game. It's removed enough from the original that another piss taking OT just wouldn't make sense to most of the people waiting to post in it and would come off as bitter and resentful instead of good natured ribbing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I expect fun shooting amazing graphics and a dreadful story.

Top Bottom