• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Closed-eye hallucination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden

Banned
So finally i stumble upon this "thing" i have been having as long as i remember

Closed-eye hallucinations and closed-eye visualizations (CEV) are a distinct class of hallucination. These types of hallucinations generally only occur when one's eyes are closed or when one is in a darkened room. They are a form of phosphene. Certain users report closed-eye hallucinations under the influence of psychedelics. These are reportedly of a different nature than the "open-eye" hallucinations of the same compounds. Closed eye hallucination is directly related to a chronic type.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

Red-blue-noise.gif

Sometimes when focus really hard on this, i can see faces, people moving around, like my very own weird black and white 3D braintelevision. I can partly control it sometimes, but things just move around most of the time.

Anyone any experience with this? Its one of those weird things nobody really talks about i guess.

Metrotab

Banned
When I put pressure on my closed eyelids by slightly pushing against them, these visualisations tend to get intensely coloured after a while. It gets kinda trippy, and slightly beautiful in its own way.

Salsa

every day when I wake up, or after I close my eyes for a long time and then open them up, I see the word like that small gif basically. Like a tv channel picking up nothing. Lasts like a minute or two.

Not really a hallucination per se but something weird's going on. Apparently my eyes went to shit in January this year. Awful floaters (like 3 in each eye), crazy perception of white blood cells, and this stuff as well, all at once.

I went to the eye doctor for a full month obviously but he basically told me "shit happens" and that nothing's wrong from a medical standpoint.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
When I put pressure on my closed eyelids by slightly pushing against them, these visualisations tend to get intensely coloured after a while. It gets kinda trippy, and slightly beautiful in its own way.

i used to do that more when i was younger, but no so much anymore.

i mostly just get that "visual noise" one. if i press my eyes hard i remember being able to see stuff zooming past me all of the time, like different rooms, and music instruments. i specifically remember a cello.

i never did/do drugs... so i'm not sure i'm producing LSD on my own or what

ShinNL

Does anyone even see the color black when they close their eyes? I always see a gibberish mash of non-colors. Recently I learned to control some of the gibberish into super exact visuals, like creating lines on how to draw a manga face so I know if it looks like a proper face before I actually draw it. Problem is that I 'forget' the lines when I open my eyes again... *must train moar*

I don't think I have any CEVs though.

I thought everyone experienced this. I've had this for as long as I can remember.

I get open-eye and aural hallucinations as well, but not nearly as frequently.

Tenrius

I always see two white "eyes" whenever I sneeze with my eyes closed, really scared me when I was kid. I'd think there was a wild animal inside of my head staring at me. Is that the same thing or is it just the effect of shaking your head when sneezing?

cbox

For as long as I remember I have had waves of green, blue and red since I was a kid. They flow around when my eyes are closed at night and look trippy as hell.

Raiden

Banned
Another weird thing is when i close my eyes, and get concentrated, i lift my hand in front of my closed eyes, and the shape of my hand forms like i can see through the darkness. I know its a hallucination because when i open them my hand is not in the same place i projected it.

I think all this stuff is linked to (lucid) dreaming abillities as well. The hallucinations get stronger and stronger when i get sleepier, and just transition into dreams. It made going to sleep much more fun and easier though. Instead of thoughts keeping me up, i just watch some braintv.

Metalmarc

So finally i stumble upon this "thing" i have been having as long as i remember

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

Red-blue-noise.gif

Sometimes when focus really hard on this, i can see faces, people moving around, like my very own weird black and white 3D braintelevision. I can partly control it sometimes, but things just move around most of the time.

Anyone any experience with this? Its one of those weird things nobody really talks about i guess.

Looks like 2 runners running

When a room is pretty much completely dark I can see noise almost like in that gif(There is no purple and not nearly as much noise). When I first noticed it I thought "This is like Bad Company 1."

Jibbed

I distinctly remember seeing raindrops (like falling in to water and rippling) at some point when I was younger doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom