• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

NYo.jpg

Welcome to Mangaf. We're here to discuss manga-related things. Please read the rules regarding spoilers. (Special thanks to BassForever {and indirectly duckroll} for our thread title.)

10 of Some Of The Probably Most Regularly Read Non-Smut Manga, Since No One Agrees What Should Be Here OTZ Banner Gen 1 | Gen 2 | Gen 3 | Gen 4
uuu.png

10 Most Regularly Read Sort-Of Smut Manga OTZ SmutBanner Gen 1 | Gen 2 | Gen 3 | Gen 4
vuu.png

*See The Nicknames List below for full, proper names of these titles.

Simple rules to follow so we can discuss our favorite manga easily:

1. Sort of guide to how you should post.
In bold, put the name of the series. Then you can go ahead and discuss whatever is on your mind without tags, okay? Make sure there is a space between the bolded name of the series and your text. Here's an example:
Hunter X Hunter 505

It rules and I don't know why!

2. Regarding manga scanlations.
duckroll said:
This is the last time I am ever going to say this. I believe I have mentioned this before. Do not ever, ever direct link to illegal piracy shit. This includes manga releases, manga scanlations, sites and apps which provide such access, etc. STOP DOING IT. This thread is for the discussion of manga, not for the exchange and distribution of illegal material. Don't ask, don't tell. Future offenses will result in normal moderation consequences. Do not reply to this message, just move along. If you have a question, PM me.

So to repeat, DO NOT link to any manga scanlations websites or ask where to read manga.

If you post a panel or page, there should be no logo of any site on it.​

3. Regarding spoilers in this thread.
We will discuss all the manga in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled. Please bold the header of your post as shown in rule 1 to help other posters avoid spoilers.

Again, no spoiler tags for text needed, that is the benefit of coming here.

Caveats:
Leaks do not count as translation or scans. If a translation has not been released yet, spoiler tag any leaks and discussion of the chapter. Leaks should be sourced (a name/location at least, if a link is not possible).

Regarding image spoilers: "Please do not embed major spoiler images, ever."

4. I don't know what manga to read. Can you guys help?
Obviously the best way is to ask in the thread so we can give you recommendations that fit your taste better, but if you don't want to do then there are two excellent threads to check out for a list of good manga. Some good advice: don't ask for recommendations late Tuesday and Wednesday.

If you are a shounenhead and want your manga filled with hot blooded action then read cosmicblizzard's nifty thread of awesome battle manga.

If you prefer seinen manga or non-mainstream manga then read flawfuls thread of awesome lesser known manga.

Other possibilities collected from this thread. WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs, reviews, or impressions. If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga (don't do this on Wednesday though).
  1. Last list of recommendations, compiled for new thread.
  2. Out of space in below link, moved to another post.
  3. Out of space in this post, more recommendations etc. moved to new post.
  4. Link to compiled list of posts from |OTL| with recommendations, reviews, and impressions.

The Nicknames List
Sometimes a manga has an aggravatingly long and wheezy title that you can't remember. Sometimes people talk about series with a pet nickname and thereby render themselves completely incomprehensible.

Therefore, we have a handy list here that might help with 1) translating the banners above and 2) translating our local maniacs' jargon.
  1. A Town Where You _____ = Kimi no Iru Machi
  2. Aunt Tits = Minamoto-kun Monogatari
  3. Dogsuit Smut = Kanojo wa Sore wo Gaman Dekinai
  4. Food Smut = Shokugeki no Soma
  5. Kingdom Hearts = Nisekoi
  6. KNIM = Kimi no Iru Machi
  7. Not Popular = It's not my fault that I'm not popular!
  8. Rage Town = Kimi no Iru Machi
  9. Smutterfly Effect = Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (yep)
  10. Super Interesting Darkness = To Love RU Darkness
  11. Swagamoto (or Swagmoto) = Sakamoto desu ga
  12. Wahjah Moe = It's not my fault that I'm not popular!

Other cool and relevant material
Link to our resident Pixel King Neoriceisgood's full set of 100 manga/anime avatars
Akito's gallery of all the Weekly Shounen Jump covers
bigkrev commentary and criticism of digital manga in the west.
Akito's gallery of all the Weekly Shounen Sunday covers

The Strange Pile
duckroll wildly guesses Magi will end by Chapter 230
Meet our resident coward Wiseblade
I didn't know Obama's email so I sent it to amazon instead. upandaway's brain fart.
Twitter party
echothreealpha making 20 dollar bet on Naruto.
~ Manga Thread IRC ~ wonzo: Welp, went ahead and made a manga irc channel at #MangaGAF @ irc.rizon.net More info here.
BassForever collects your Friend Codes in one place; invade his house in Animal Crossing for revenge.

Previous Threads
OT1
OT2
OT3
OT4 SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES
OT5 We Post on Wednesdays
OT6 Hot blooded smut!
OT7 This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.
OTL Not a lick of constructive conversation here

WALL OF SHAME FOR OTL
9bp.jpg

Hello new thread. I promise not to shit on you, like I did the last time. Sorry about that.

e: Great job on the new OP, dramatis. I love the banner.

Might as well

Bleach v37 (reread)
tumblr_mn693hxZtn1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Finished this volume on a 15 minute bus ride...In any event, Bleach really got what seemed to be quite a few color pages in just these two volumes, that seemed rather high, unless its the usual number. Feels like in recent times its much less? I miss the high level kido skills and Ryujin Jakka :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*collapses* This day has been amazing.

Except for the whole "Oda in the hospital" thing, that's awful.

When Castlevania HoD gives me back my soul I swear I'll start reading manga and posting here again.

Not going to set a backlog clearing target for this OT because I'll only end up failing miserably again. Currently have 802 entries on my list of things to check out.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 21 - 22
tumblr_mn6ac9NA191qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well nice eyepatch and such but most of the dialogue was pretty boring. Will be glad once I can move this to my complete list. I wonder what the writer is working on next.

Stinky

Seriously hope Oda gets better. And his sleep schedule sounds like something FROM a manga. Love me some One Piece but a hiatus (even if its just the 2 weeks) should absolutely be taken so the dude can get better and take some naps yo

Akito

Seriously hope Oda gets better. And his sleep schedule sounds like something FROM a manga. Love me some One Piece but a hiatus (even if its just the 2 weeks) should absolutely be taken so the dude can get better and take some naps yo
At least we know that he had some fun during the Golden Week :D

Stinky

Golden Week

I'm having 'Nam flashbacks

WEDNESDAY PREDICTIONS:

Naruto:
Almost no panels dedicated to Minato, most of chapter is split between Alliance vs Ten-Tails jutsu spam. Rest of chapter is Sasuke and co being fed exposition by the zombie kages, one of them complains about Minato going ahead.

Bleach:
Ichigo goes to Urahara and begs to take him to SS. After some juicy backstory conversation they use Ichigos badge or whatever to beam up to SS. Then we see Kenpachi maybe??

One Piece: I predict that it will be on break.

Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend 4
tumblr_mmozweBUDH1r0qnsro1_500.jpg

What a way to end a chapter. Such a good start with the massage and the eventual second time but then Mr misunderstanding had to pay a visit resulting in such a harsh reaction. I wish I could just get to five to see if they make up or even up breaking away forever and nothing more. If he wasn't so fragile of just having relationships friendly and what not with anyone around him even just companions :(

Wiseblade

Looking back through the last few pages of OTL I'm kind of upset that I went to watch the thing at a friend's house. One of the people I was with got really excited about the DVR foolishness while I was too busy shiking my head that it was actually referred to as a "home entertainment device" instead of a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom