• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Quest coming to Vita this year. F2P 2D Online RPG.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!!!!!

Edit:

Better dial it down a bi...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

A 2D online RPG for a franchise based on combat? How will that even work?

Good news that they are keeping the franchise alive at least.

A screenshot would help with expectations.

I mean... obviously it's not as cool as having DD. But maybe it's ok? Maybe it's awful? It's probably awful :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
F2P and RPG sounds like a poor combination. F2P from a Japanese developer sounds even worse.

I guess I'll wait until the official reveal before passing judgment, though.

Shai-Tan

Banned
So basically a completely different game set in the same universe (similar aesthetic?). I'm cool with it if it's good.

Yeah because the Vita is brimming with all those F2P jRPGs...

Not sure if joking.

There are actually quite a few. PSO2, SE's card RPG, that other one that came out a while back, Samurai & Dragons, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot Picotto Knights.

Tnetennba

I'm not sure how to react to this. Each of those words is bringing forth a new emotion. Delighted the series is being supported, though this isn't what I had in mind.

Dogfisheckos

Neo Member
More Dragon's Dogma? TAKE MY MONEY.

wait, 2d party based rpg?

I... what?

They made a game that is like the complete opposite of Dragon's Dogma and called it, well... Dragon's Dogma?

I am so confused.

duckroll

Ok, now that's pretty neat. No DD2 but hey, it's basically as close as It'll get to Breath of Fire it seems.

That's only the sort of content it will have though. It's still a f2p online game at heart, since the blog says it is designed for quick play sessions, and will have microtransactions to "help players who cannot spare a lot of time to play".

Shinta

Banned
Wow that sounds kind of amazing. I really hope they translate it. I'd play the shit out of a Dragon's Dogma spin-off on Vita!!!!

And it's a 2D RPG? Holy shit. This sounds fantastic.

Does it say anything about it linking up data or rewards with the console Dragon's Dogma?

ReaperXL7

This could be damn awesome but still bummed out its not actually a real Dragon's Dogma title.

Well maybe if this does well for Capcom its something they could consider. Been a pretty solid couple of weeks for Vita announcements so maybe something good is coming up.

Venin

I wonder if it'll be something like Ragnarok Online. I'd be all over that if it were the case. Although RO is 3D with 2D sprites.

Top Bottom