• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Quest coming to Vita this year. F2P 2D Online RPG.

duckroll

This isn't a one-off weird thing either. Apparently it's the first in a new series of initiatives that Capcom is tackling. So there might be more of such f2p stuff based on core franchises... maybe? Dunno.

This isn't a one-off weird thing either. Apparently it's the first in a new series of initiatives that Capcom is tackling. So there might be more of such f2p stuff based on core franchises... maybe? Dunno.
Depending on how they do it, that could turn out pretty well.

Kyon

Banned
is this the game we were promised? 2D sprite mess? noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not open world dd game? RIP

jorgeton

I wonder what they mean by 2d? side scrolling? or over the top perspective and sprite based?

I hope it looks like Breath of Fire 4 with HD sprites.

A new Outbreak through a F2P model would make sense. They're already doing microtransations with weapon upgrades for Revelations.

daebo

Cool. I'd play it on my vita...

question... remember that list of games everybody said was fake yesterday? Wasn't there a DD exclusive for Sony? This could be it... Maybe giving a little credence to that list?

Edit: looked it up, that list said DD2 for PS4... still, kind of coincidence...

YoungOne

Read dragons dogma then vita and got excited,but saw 2d and f2p. I will keep this on the radar though might turn out good.

maltrain

Dragon's Dogma Quest coming to PS Vita

Dragon’s Dogma Quest is headed to the PlayStation Vita in Japan this Fall, this week’s issue of Famitsu reveals. Before you get too excited, though, note that this is a free-to-play, online-only 2D RPG.

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine (via: Game Jouhou) says Dragon’s Dogma Quest has over 150 jobs and is a RPG where you have fun defeating small-fry enemies.

Players can explore dungeons, towns, villages, and take on many sub quests. You bring a pawn with you and can team up with up to four friends, so one party can have a maximum of eight characters.

Squire

Banned
The only reason you're saying this is because it's F2P, isn't it?

You people are so stubborn on some topics.

I'm saying it because "2D F2P RPG" screams "glorified mobile game". That's not what I want out of Vita.

I like mobile games, but I have a phone to play them on.

I like the PS Monile initiative which is Vita compatible. I think that covers the systems needs as far mobile games.

If third-parties are gonna support Vita, it'd be great if they actually went all in instead of pushing us Mobage fodder.

Not sure if I like that. SF, RE, MH, MvC F2P? No thanks

Midou

Just started on Dark Arisen a week ago, enjoying it a lot.

I am mildly interested in this as it is at least free.

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine (via: Game Jouhou) says Dragon’s Dogma Quest has over 150 jobs and is a RPG where you have fun defeating small-fry enemies.
I feel like they may have missed the point of Dragon's Dogma.

ReaperXL7

could've made a MH type DD hunting game :/

Lol yeah then people would complain about anothet hunting game on Vita. Ill hold out to see what this is even like before i get excited. We probably wont even get it, we still have not gotten either of the sega F2p games.

Kyon

Banned
Lol yeah then people would complain about anothet hunting game on Vita. Ill hold out to see what this is even like before i get excited. We probably wont even get it, we still have not gotten either of the sega F2p games.

i like hunting action so dont care about those ppl but i hate 2d please but something not side scrolling

That thread title isn't a rollercoaster it's just a bottomless cliff...

Dragons dogma YAY quest vita ok f2p No! , 2d nonononono , online oh fuck it.

Now that my elation has subsided, even after the full translation, it still sounds up my alley. Capcom has done wonderful 2D work in the past, here's hoping they still got it.

As someone who thinks Dragon's Dogma is the best game this generation, this is really weird news to hear...

I'm not sure if I should be excited about this or not.

This is not the Dragon's Dogma we deserve, nor the one we need right now.

Still, it could be fun, I guess

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I never played Dragon's Dogma but I'm curious if this is going to be similar to Wonder Boy in Monster World? That would be so awesome.... Damn, it's online only which is too bad. :<

duckroll

I never played Dragon's Dogma but I'm curious if this is going to be similar to Wonder Boy in Monster World? That would be so awesome.... Damn, it's online only which is too bad. :<

I don't think 2D means sidescrolling. I haven't read any indication of the actual presentation style the game uses so far, but based on what has been said, I think it's more likely to be a top down 2D RPG. The description of the battles in the game also don't sound action based at all. The player levels up by issuing commands to the pawns, not by fighting himself. There is a lot more focus on tactics than on action supposedly. It's supposed to be a party based battle system which captures the part of Dragon's Dogma where the player can plan and attempt various tactics against an enemy by judging the appearance of the enemy. That's what the Japanese blogs say.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I don't think 2D means sidescrolling. I haven't read any indication of the actual presentation style the game uses so far, but based on what has been said, I think it's more likely to be a top down 2D RPG. The description of the battles in the game also don't sound action based at all. The player levels up by issuing commands to the pawns, not by fighting himself. There is a lot more focus on tactics than on action supposedly. It's supposed to be a party based battle system which captures the part of Dragon's Dogma where the player can plan and attempt various tactics against an enemy by judging the appearance of the enemy. That's what the Japanese blogs say.
Shoot, I still hope for more single player 2D platforming JRPGs but yeah, I immediately though sidescrolling/platforming game when I read that.

Top Bottom