• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Kaladin

total-divas.jpg

What is Total Divas you ask?

It's WWE's new reality series focused around The Bella Twins, Natalya Neidhart and The Funkadactyls (Cameron & Naomi). It airs Sunday nights at 10pm EST on E!. It's an interesting look at the backstage lives of these divas. So far we've seen new divas introduced, boyfriends and drama.....boy have we seen drama.

3ineuw3.gif

How do Daniel Bryan (real name Bryan Danielson) and John Cena (real name John Cena) fit into this? They're currently dating the Bella Twins (Cena & Nikki, Bryan & Brie). They also happen to be in the main event for this little show called Summerslam.

But wait....we have a "reality tv" show about the real lives of fake characters? Yep. It's weird really. It's a worked television show of people who play other characters on other worked TV shows. Oh and these new divas? JoJo and Eva Marie? They appear on the show apparently after just being hired by the company....they have not been on Raw, Smackdown or NXT save for a couple of appearances. They are not regulars and it's possible they are reality show ringers. Yep. These new divas are working characters on a reality show of people who play other characters on other worked TV shows, but don't actually appear in the other worked TV show they're characters are supposed to be a part of. It's Divaceptiontastic....I just made up a word.

But wait.....there's wrasslin!!!

It's Summerfest time!

BNtlSLoCQAEid67.jpg

There are only three official matches announced for Summerslam at this time:

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (C) vs Bryan Danielson

Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio (C) vs Christian

Other programs building include Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes, Bray Wyatt vs Kane, The Shield vs Mark Henry & Dolph Ziggler vs Big E. Langston. Tune into Raw and Smackdown to find out where these matches fit (if they fit) on the Summerslam card.

What's going on elsewhere in wrestling?

Impact Wrestling is building to several things right now.....

Chris Sabin has become the new Impact Wrestling Champion after using Option C to cash in his X-Division title shot at the Destination X Impact show. Manik (the former Suicide) has become the new X-Division champion and will face Sabin in a champion vs champion match this week on Impact....

822_1397be472e45feda66c2cb00ba5f4ce2_m.jpg

The Bound For Glory series is also in full swing leading to Impact Wrestling's next PPV Bound For Glory on October 20th. The current standings have Magnus in a comfortable lead with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels closely behind.

821_52c96c35c30d11cfb13711cfa4231ac4_m.jpg

Someone is coming to Impact Wrestling....they aren't signed and have some kind of beef with the company. Who is it? Is it Batista? Is it Bob Holly? Is it Low Ki? Is it Adam Pierce? We find out August 1st (or will we?)

Impact Wrestling is also building to it's next free PPV HardCore Justice which will feature Bully Ray using his rematch clause to face Chris Sabin in a steel cage match.

824_0d4be46703e4caec7901c928d2f5e122_m.jpg

Finally....
ibxT7PIMGTE28m.png

New Japan Pro Wrestling is offering the entire G1 Climax tournament for streaming. The whole shebang. The catch? It's all or nothing. That's right, 9 wrasslin shows from August 1st - August 11th for $150 big ones.

Who is in the tournament?

Block A

Lance Archer
Prince Devitt
Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro Ishii
Satoshi Kojima
Togi Makabe
Kazuchika Okada
Katsuyori Shibata
Davey Boy Smith, Jr
Hiroshi Tanahashi

Block B

Karl Anderson
Shelton Benjamin
Kota Ibushi
Yuji Nagata
Tetsuya Naitō
Shinsuke Nakamura
Minoru Suzuki
Yujiro Takahashi
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Toru Yano

This is a round robin tournament, with winners from each block wrestling in the final to decide that year's winner. The winner of each block is determined by a points system; two points for a victory, one point for a draw, and zero points for a loss.

Purchase the iPPV Package here: http://www.ustream.tv/njpw#allp

Our very own Bootaaay (real name SenorLARIATO) has done an in depth write-up on the G1 Climax tournament this year for those interested parties:
http://senorlariato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

July's Wall of Shame!!!!!!!

ELRJ6fk.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Yay August! Month of Daniel Bryan Randy Orton!

I do hope they do the Bryan winning clean, losing via cash-in story, Bryan will be made for life.

strobogo

Banned
Cena always looks and sounds so bored. What it is about his cadence that is so frustrating? Also, can he grow facial hair? I've never seen a picture of him with even a tiny bit of stubble.

jred2k

I really hope Sandow's case being at the bottom of the Gulf is his excuse to start using something like this:
Floto_Leather_Briefcase_Novella_Brief.jpg

Cena always looks and sounds so bored. What it is about his cadence that is so frustrating?
It's hard to summarize it in few words, but i think the best way I can put it is that he isn't genuine. The way he kicks out of two-and-a-half counts and the way he pops up after his finisher annoy me to no end. His fucking face while applying that shitty fucking STF just bugs me too. He has no edge to him whatsoever, his image as a wholesome good guy is so protected he is constant vanilla. He exists in this weird universe by himself where hes too big for (most of) the rest of the roster, but he isn't big enough to make it in the mainstream.

Petty clear by now Bryan is winning by reversing an AA into a Small Package. As it should be, Mr. Small Package Bryan is best Bryan.

Ya, especially since he countered Swiss Death & the chokeslam with it. Vegas odds are good.

However, it poses a logic hole:

If Orton cashes in, does Cena cockblock him? It's a surprise rollup win, he's clearly still there chilling out, not like Summerslam with Punk.

Kaladin

Ya, especially since he countered Swiss Death & the chokeslam with it. Vegas odds are good.

However, it poses a logic hole:

If Orton cashes in, does Cena cockblock him? It's a surprise rollup win, he's clearly still there chilling out, not like Summerslam with Punk.

It's going to be a ~45 minute match, both will be probably tired by the time it is done which will leave opportunity for a cash in.....though I doubt it will be a squash cash in.

jred2k

Will Bryan's corporate makeover going to be them asking him to dye his hair blonde and then he dyes it red instead? It would make a great worked show/worked show crossover.

How would you guys rate the OT on a scale of 1 YES! to 10 YES!? I think I'm done tinkering with it.

Nobody is defending their belt in the Sabin/Manik match, but thats TNA so lolwhocares basically. The greatness of that .gif with the drunk Bella tumbling is at least worth 8 YESes by itself.

It's going to be a ~45 minute match, both will be probably tired by the time it is done which will leave opportunity for a cash in.....though I doubt it will be a squash cash in.

True true. I just think if he's out there and does jack, it's a problem for boyscoutman

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once finished I give it a teeen.

Not a fow.

te3JEUI.jpg

ZeroRay

Sexcellent OP.

My self imposed sabbatical of never watching RAW is over. Time to get back into the Wrasslin' game!

deli2000

Hi guys, i'm new here.

What do I need to know about this place? Why aren't you guys hot on Bo Dallas?

I hear he's the top superstar at the moment.

Years of lurking Sega fansites have given me a mental tick - everytime I see Manik's name, I think of Sonic X's theme song. Somebody help, plz.

How would you guys rate the OT on a scale of 1 YES! to 10 YES!? I think I'm done tinkering with it.

The greatness of that .gif with the drunk Bella tumbling is at least worth 8 YESes by itself.

Great thread, will post again once August starts.

Kaladin

Nobody is defending their belt in the Sabin/Manik match, but thats TNA so lolwhocares basically. The greatness of that .gif with the drunk Bella tumbling is at least worth 8 YESes by itself.

I thought it was a title defense for Sabin....I'll correct it.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
The fact that a character from a 2008 video game is not only still around, but is the X Dicision Champion is why I can never truly hate on TNA.

Kaladin

The fact that a character from a 2008 video game is not only still around, but is the X Dicision Champion is why I can never truly hate on TNA.

Well he's Manik instead of Suicide, and he's been un-masked as TJ Perkins, but he still wrestles with the mask on, just with a new name.

Kaladin

Update on Bound For Glory Series:

As announced the week of Destination X, Impact Wrestling put the next stage of the Bound for Glory Series in your hands. With three unique cards to choose from, you became the matchmaker for the August 1st and 8th edition of Impact Wrestling on Spike TV.

The winning card with 57% of the votes is….CARD B

The following matches will air on August 1st on Spike TV
Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles
Joseph Park vs. Jay Bradley
Hernandez vs. Bobby Roode

The following matches will air on August 8th on Spike TV
Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe
Frankie Kazarian vs. Christopher Daniels
Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys, i'm new here.

What do I need to know about this place? Why aren't you guys hot on Bo Dallas?

I hear he's the top superstar at the moment.

Welcome brother we are INCENDIARY on Bo Dallas! Lighting it up!

Batigol

Banned
Bo Dallas looks an awful lot like Husky Harris. If he was skinny and a cereal killer.

Maybe they're second couins

Top Bottom