• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

What's the name of the show? I'm one of the few self-admitted Davey Richards fans in this thread. The guy can go. So can O'Reilly.

Btw, Raw rating was 2.87 last night, down from 2.94 last week, and 3.04 the night after MITB. Is this the Bryan effect? :( :( :(

PWG IS YOUR BODY READY?

It's pretty easy to get off of it. All you need to have happen is to get hospitalized unexpectedly for a surgery you didn't know you needed and/or have your hometown flooded and see many things you love get completely destroyed.

Hmmm, it's gonna be hard cause I don't get too many floods in this area. I can try to get unexpected surgery by continuing my bad eating habits, hopefully that'll be enough

sorry to hear that, that totally fucking sucks

What's the name of the show? I'm one of the few self-admitted Davey Richards fans in this thread. The guy can go. So can O'Reilly.

It's called; 'Is Your Body Ready?'

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/2013/dvd0141.html

And yeah, I got pretty tired of Richards during his ROH title run (ROH fans turning on a face champion shocker, lol), but he is a great athlete and can put on an excellent match with the right opponent. I'm seeing him in October, he's over here to wrestle Zack Sabre Jr. who is a fantastic young wrestler more fans should know about. Here's a MV of his match against Bryan Danielson;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxeSWJpRszQ

Even then he was such a great technical wrestler and he's only improved in the five years since. I really wish a US promotion would start booking him regularly, or that PWG bring him in for at least one show. Woah, I've gone off on a tangent. Never mind.

Alucard

Banned
PWG IS YOUR BODY READY?

Sweet, thanks!
isyourbodyready-620x330.jpg

Card sounds stacked. How was it overall? RockNES Monsters are always great fun in tag matches. I know Elgin is part of the opposition, so that should be good.

Hey guise,

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.gif

(
Thank you Nazaaay for the .jif
)

That's right True Bo-Lievers, multiple times WrassleGAF Wall of Shamer Mr. ARRRMMM!! is back.

Creative cleared me to come back since mid-July, but I've decided to wait until the new OT for fresh starts and all that jazz.

I've been banned for "thread whining" in a TLOU thread over at gaming, instead of being like the rest of the fellas and masturbate over anything ND does.

I thought Frankman or DM were up to their usual snitching-selves and did me in. But after certain events from today, I think a certain Beefy individual might have been the culprit...

Either way, it's good to be back!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any of you guys getting FFXIV Face Turn edition? I was considering it though I really just want EQ Next and Wildstar...

Damn I hope Luke Harper & Cesaro have match one day. Just saw this highlight real from a Claudio Castagnoli vs Brodie Lee match back in Chikara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykpldHZfMlI

Some amazing spots from both guys.

I love that match, one of the best CHIKARA matches ever and probably Brodie's best match to date. Really would love to see them wrestle each other in WWE one day.

Also, I doesn't matter how many times I see it, that diving European uppercut from the top of the cage still amazes me. Cesaro is ridiculous.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Either way, it's good to be back!

Welcome back, herr Bionic Arm.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got burned by FFXIV's launch.....is it is playable and good game now? I enjoyed FFXI to a point, but the grind was too hard.

All the beta impressions have been glowing. I'm mainly getting it because my brother is, but it seems a lot of GAF's really high on it. Messed up that they had to redo the whole game practically for it to be good but whatever.

Showaddy

I love that match, one of the best CHIKARA matches ever and probably Brodie's best match to date. Really would love to see them wrestle each other in WWE one day.

Also, I doesn't matter how many times I see it, that diving European uppercut from the top of the cage still amazes me. Cesaro is ridiculous.

Cesaro just lifting Harper above his head and throwing him like a child is absolutely insane as well, Harper must be at least 250lb, Cesaro just shouldn't be able to do that. It's not natural.

Harper smashing Cesaro into the cage on his shoulders then just spinning around and power-bombing him was pretty awesome as well.

Kaladin

All the beta impressions have been glowing. I'm mainly getting it because my brother is, but it seems a lot of GAF's really high on it. Messed up that they had to redo the whole game practically for it to be good but whatever.

Eh.....I'll probably just stick with Tales of Xillia for my JRPG fix. It's more my speed.

Penguin

Watched the Mankind/Mick Foley Doc on Netflix

Just over 2 hours, but his story and the style was so compelling didn't even feel like it. Such a great watch. Totally recommended.

Ilive1up

that fan who attacked orton, knocked him off of his feet with one punch. granted it was a surprise attack, but still!!!

send him a contract!

Kaladin

I'v never watched japan wrestling before but this was awesome! I wish I could get more into this but, I hate not knowing the storylines and such :(

That puts some people off easily, but the action is good enough to ignore that, and there are guides online and I think someone mentioned something about subbing some New Japan stuff.

Showaddy

Damn Orton sold this fans lowblow like a champ:

irgaUkCZs7E3y.gif

Seriously though that's a shitty thing to do, what the hell were the security doing?

Alucard

Banned
Watched the Mankind/Mick Foley Doc on Netflix

Just over 2 hours, but his story and the style was so compelling didn't even feel like it. Such a great watch. Totally recommended.

I have his Greatest Hits and Misses DVD. Got a ton of respect for him after watching that and listening to him talk about some of his matches. I'd be up for buying a full-fledged doc. What's it called?

So who here is going to Summerslam? I think it's time to re-debut this sign:

7pGZsJH.jpg

I'm part of this group, but what if Cena loses but Orton cashes in due to Macmahon's urging?

Mengetsu

That puts some people off easily, but the action is good enough to ignore that, and there are guides online and I think someone mentioned something about subbing some New Japan stuff.

I'm not surprised but, yea it was nice seeing actual wrestling and only once someone got thrown outside the ring in all those matches. I could watch alone without the storyline because the technicality of the sport and yes the action was good enough for me not to care. I may give this a try. Is the G1 the Wrestlemania of Japan? Loved how it didn't change much over the course of that video. So traditional.

Kaladin

I'm not surprised but, yea it was nice seeing actual wrestling and only once someone got thrown outside the ring in all those matches. I could watch alone without the storyline because the technicality of the sport and yes the action was good enough for me not to care. I may give this a try. Is the G1 the Wrestlemania of Japan? Loved how it didn't change much over the course of that video. So traditional.

G1 is kind of like King of the Ring on steroids. The Tokyo Dome show in January is their Wrestlemania. It's called Wrestle Kingdom and it's awesome.

Mengetsu

That fan who low-balled Orton is a coward and an idiot. It's a fucking work, you stupid mark.

JR: MY GAWD HE'S TRYING TO STOP RANDY FROM CASHING IN A SUMMERSLAM!
Mark: That's DB's title! Don't you dare think about cashing that in on him! Cause if so ill break you in two because THAT'S WHAT I DO!

I have his Greatest Hits and Misses DVD. Got a ton of respect for him after watching that and listening to him talk about some of his matches. I'd be up for buying a full-fledged doc. What's it called?

I'm part of this group, but what if Cena loses but Orton cashes in due to Macmahon's urging?
if cena doesn't leave champion then we deem the night a success.

Cena always looks and sounds so bored. What it is about his cadence that is so frustrating? Also, can he grow facial hair? I've never seen a picture of him with even a tiny bit of stubble.

Did this come from his segments on that divas show? I forgot to change the channel after Raw and I ended up watching most of it, and gotdamn Cena has negative presence. I honestly have no idea why little kids like him, he's so boring. I don't know what happened to the bit of personality he had back in 2003, but he's so dead inside and has been for years. His interaction with Bryan on Raw was pitiful.

And OF COURSE New Japan would offer the entire G1 tourney the year that I'm planning to spend an obscene amount of money on vidyagames. Ughh

I stick by my theory that Cena isn't a real person at this point. What we're seeing now is just one of his clones, there's nothing in the inside. Also Darren Young was one of the experiments gone wrong (or right depending on how racist you feel).

After lurking for about a year and finally getting my account validated, I decided to make my first post on GAF to be on Wrasslegaf.

First show I've seen was that Undertaker-Giant Gonzalez WM and I've been keeping tabs on the WWE since then despite not having WWE TV for some years due to no channel in our country getting it. But despite being watching mostly WWE stuff from the 90s, I'm aware of the nWo and WCW and a bit of ECW. I've also seen the initial years of TNA including the King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett stuff. Started becoming aware of ROH when I heard about a dude using a finisher called a Pepsi Plunge around the mid-2000s. During this same period I sparingly watched some NJPW, AJPW and NOAH as well. During the late 2000s I acually started to watch more NJPW thanks to MVP moving there.

And ever since I've lurked on GAF, I've been made aware of all these other promotions like Dragon's Gate, CHIKARA and such, making me appreciate the business more as a fan.

And now I'm eagerly awaiting the G1 Climax lol

Current fave five: (aka the current 5 that are entertaining me right now)

1. Prince Devitt
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Bray Wyatt
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. CM Punk

Lifetime Fave five (aka I'll be forever a fan of these people in all eternity)
1. TAKA Michinoku
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Morrison
4. Kurt Angle
5. Lita

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After lurking for about a year and finally getting my account validated, I decided to make my first post on GAF to be on Wrasslegaf.

First show I've seen was that Undertaker-Giant Gonzalez WM and I've been keeping tabs on the WWE since then despite not having WWE TV for some years due to no channel in our country getting it. But despite being watching mostly WWE stuff from the 90s, I'm aware of the nWo and WCW and a bit of ECW. I've also seen the initial years of TNA including the King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett stuff. Started becoming aware of ROH when I heard about a dude using a finisher called a Pepsi Plunge around the mid-2000s. During this same period I sparingly watched some NJPW, AJPW and NOAH as well. During the late 2000s I acually started to watch more NJPW thanks to MVP moving there.

And ever since I've lurked on GAF, I've been made aware of all these other promotions like Dragon's Gate, CHIKARA and such, making me appreciate the business more as a fan.

And now I'm eagerly awaiting the G1 Climax lol

Current fave five: (aka the current 5 that are entertaining me right now)

1. Prince Devitt
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Bray Wyatt
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. CM Punk

Lifetime Fave five (aka I'll be forever a fan of these people in all eternity)
1. TAKA Michinoku
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Morrison
4. Kurt Angle
5. Lita

What's up brother! Good to have you. Especially glad you like NJPW. We're a close-knit family here so WELCOME!

Just keep an eye out for Professor Beef, he's a snitch and does a lot of ban gloating despite never having drawn a dime in This Business.

Sweet, thanks!
isyourbodyready-620x330.jpg

Card sounds stacked. How was it overall? RockNES Monsters are always great fun in tag matches. I know Elgin is part of the opposition, so that should be good.

Show was great live.

As for the Kyle vs Davey Match it was a continuation from the Wrestling Cares #1 show match that went to a draw. That match was bananas. Hopefully people will get to see it someday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Khrysler hopefully you don't like Devitt anymore! ARRRRGH!

I hate Devitt with all my soul. Prince? That fool's a pauper.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't been posting in here because I'm like 5 weeks behind in WWE stuff including Money in the Bank, but I'm busy catching up, and when I do, I'll be back posting in here again.

Saw the news about Randy getting hit by a fan from WWE themselves of all places, and saw a much better video of the whole thing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_BNmsUvUU

Funny how idiots think it's a setup when Randy actually kicked (or tried to at least) kick the fool in the head as security got him out of the ring, Randy's flipping off the guy from the turnbuckle, and it looks like even Big E. wanted to fight that idiot because the security is holding him back as well.

Still don't get why idiots try to jump wrestlers - because you think it's fake, you think they're going to "fake" hit you? You'd think the last thing you'd want to do is hit guys as jacked as them.

XenoRaven

I had a dream where I met Sunflower and instead of shaking his hand I did the finger gun point to his chest with a smarmy look on my face.

Top Bottom