• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not sure what EU is getting for September -- but they just got a refresh or something yesterday where they were given:

AC3 (PS3)
Jak Trilogy (cross-buy)
Stealth Inc. (cross-buy; wonder if it's got the DLC included free still?... more to be pissed about, I guess)
New Little King's Story (vita)
Urban Trial Freestyle (vita)

Not sure why they got all the content yesterday... it's not even September and it's not being spaced out in weekly updates... did EU change their protocol for PS+ freebies?
That's the september igc, for some reason scee has started giving all the games a week earlier while before they used to give one or two games a week.

In case this was glossed over, for you SCEE PS+ folk, two of these are planned for future IGC updates:

Guacamelee?
LittleBigPlanet Vita?
Hotline Miami?
Far Cry 3?
PixelJunk Monsters Vita?
Plants vs Zombies Vita?
Need for Speed:Most Wanted Vita?
Assassins Creed: Liberation Vita?

GYNGA

In case this was glossed over, for you SCEE PS+ folk, two of these are planned for future IGC updates:

Guacamelee?
LittleBigPlanet Vita?
Hotline Miami?
Far Cry 3?
PixelJunk Monsters Vita?
Plants vs Zombies Vita?
Need for Speed:Most Wanted Vita?
Assassins Creed: Liberation Vita?
LBP and AC3/NFS for annual rotation in November sounds quite possibly

if i get Jak Trilogy(ps3) i can get Jak Trilogy(psv) for free ?

Only in EU and only if you buy one of the digital versions. At this point, you should just buy a 3-month PS+ subscription.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

LBP and AC3/NFS for annual rotation in November sounds quite possibly

They do love to give out LBP games on the IGC, at least in NA.
I'd say PvZ Vita is a possibility because it was free in NA already.
The other game? Hard to say -- AC3L or LBP seem most likely. Guacamelee too, but it's a bit too new still, I think.

kaskade

I think I'm getting a Vita next week. It's cool that the PSP games work so I can play GTA. I'm pretty damn bummed we aren't getting the Jak Collection. I would've loved to play the first one on the go.

I think I'm getting a Vita next week. It's cool that the PSP games work so I can play GTA. I'm pretty damn bummed we aren't getting the Jak Collection. I would've loved to play the first one on the go.

jak collection is released - its a mediocre port.

edit: oh - missed that whole discussion!! cheers

breakfuss

I already owned it on physical but still bought it again while it was on sale. Ubisoft gives a lot of love to Vita, so...

Bvt88WQ.gif

I seriously cannot stop laughing at this. Though I am kind of disappointed I already own Origins :(

Spelunky and NLKS

before that, Marvel and Katamari

before that, dragons crown on PS3 and Vita

and before that, The Last of Us. I probably should seek professional help.

so whats the worst game that you are convinced is good? i don't see a problem with those purchases?

edit: oh - hahaha. " how can i hold all these games!" - easy on my 32gb 64gb card.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Except both Cerny & Yoshida have said otherwise, that they still have both PS3 & Vita games in development (unannounced ones). "All" of Sony's studios are working on PS4, perhaps, but those studios can have several development teams and even if "all" of them are working on PS4 games, there's nothing saying at what STAGE of development they are at. Some might just be in some planning/pre-development stages while the rest of the dev team can still be pushing out some Vita title.

but Bend is super small in size (unless they were hiring like crazy since U:GA which is highly unlikely) they are small and they'll not handled another project with a PS4 one, (and I don't see PS4 downports on Vita) and if there is a game Bend were making on Vita it should be announced already but yeah there was nothing so far and now SCE studios entered the PS4 games developments. I really wish good things for Vita I like the system just like you guys but I don't see Bend working on Vita games anymore.

VanWinkle

but Bend is super small in size (unless they were hiring like crazy since U:GA which is highly unlikely) they are small and they'll not handled another project with a PS4 one, (and I don't see PS4 downports on Vita) and if there is a game Bend were making on Vita it should be announced already but yeah there was nothing so far and now SCE studios entered the PS4 games developments. I really wish good things for Vita I like the system just like you guys but I don't see Bend working on Vita games anymore.

Bend could be doing PS4 stuff that doesn't necessarily involve creating an entire PS4 game. Maybe some of the team members are just doing some tech stuff or something.

What is Bend are working on an inFamous Vita title set after Second Son? Would explain why they've been silent for so long, and why Nate from Sucker Punch balls'd up and mentioned a possible Vita game. Sucker Punch could be assisting.

I can dream.

It makes me think of Hotline for some reason.....

Richard...

You called me? ;)

--

So glad that we got Origins Vita with the IGC, and I'm even happier that I held out on buying it (because I expected this to happen).

Also, my eyes hurt from playing Spelunky on the Vita. Is it just me?

edit: also also also (even though this isn't really Vita related), Journey was awesome. The sand-sliding parts had me giggling! The game took me a little under 2 hrs, but I feel it was worth the $3.74

mauaus

You called me? ;)

--

So glad that we got Origins Vita with the IGC, and I'm even happier that I held out on buying it (because I expected this to happen).

Also, my eyes hurt from playing Spelunky on the Vita. Is it just me?

edit: also also also (even though this isn't really Vita related), Journey was awesome. The sand-sliding parts had me giggling! The game took me a little under 2 hrs, but I feel it was worth the $3.74

Its easy to get hooked on spelunky and play for a couple of hours but i dont know if its just me but i feel like my skills go to shit after the one hour mark hahah

Its easy to get hooked on spelunky and play for a couple of hours but i dont know if its just me but i feel like my skills go to shit after the one hour mark hahah

last night i had 6 back to back runs which i deemed good. after that there was a string of BS where I'd make stupid decisions and just fail with the whip, or a jump, etc.

I now take breaks if I start to slide downhill. i used to restart the caves if i started off bad but I've learned to press forward. so much of your run is dependent on random factors like shops or just dying to weird patterns that its good to at least see what you could get.

basically, you only need to make it to the ankh and then to the stone golem in the ice caves. there you have to commit suicide or die anyway so your life isn't a factor before that point as long as you reach that point.

I just played a little bit of the Killzone Mercenary beta and overall, it's decent. Aiming gets some serious getting used to, and I didn't really know what I was doing since I just dropped int he matches.

So I'm not sure if I'll buy it but I will look at a few reviews and impressions once it comes out.

Mario007

To be fair last year someone from Sony said that 'all of Sony's studios are working on the Vita' only have ND come out a day later to say nope. These statements really mean nothing more than 'Sony Worldwide Studios is excited to develop for PS4 and is currently focusing its attention to the development of titles for this exciting platform'.

El_bo_wawa

Neo Member
Hello Vitabros!

First post here at Neogaf! It is hard to say how much my wallet loves and hates this thread.

The good thing with the Vita is I am going to India for 4 months. I will be missing every major events of the holiday season (No PS4/Xbone launch, No GTA V,...). Buuuuut I will have the indie power in my pocket!

Look me up on PSN if you want to hear some sweet French accent in Party!

Sad thing being a NA PSN+ member is that we will have to go through Killzone Mercenary first before Rayman Legends.

Also 200 deaths in Spelunky so far! It takes more than just one death to get to the top!

Ran rp

Dem Vita PS+ games. I own neither but have had both games on my buy list. Another great month :D I hope the Walking Dead gets thrown up there eventually.

Guys, I'm addicted to Spelunky! o_O
I didn't think I was. But I find myself diving for it at every spare moment of downtime I get.

I get so mad. Then, I get sooo happy. It's a beautiful thing when you get those ace runs.

Welcoming edit:

Hello Vitabros!

First post here at Neogaf! It is hard to say how much my wallet loves and hates this thread.

The good thing with the Vita is I am going to India for 4 months. I will be missing every major events of the holiday season (No PS4/Xbone launch, No GTA V,...). Buuuuut I will have the indie power in my pocket!

Also 200 deaths in Spelunky so far! It takes more than just one death to get to the top!
Welcome, fellow Vitamuffin! This wonderful handheld will serve you well in the coming months! I, and others share your pain in the angry wallet scenario. It's both a blessing and a curse, especially if you have PS Plus. Currently I am 80 or so deaths in Spelunky, got to 3-1 once. One day, I too will know the glory known as the top of Spelunky.

Drizzt519

Banned
I noticed on the browser (I look at the browser a lot) that there is a pointer now. Push square and it changes the left analog stick from scrolling to pointing. When was this intoduced? Now I dont have to rub the screen as much.

Was it the same update that improved the browser some months ago? Im such a dope.

nampad

Guys, I'm addicted to Spelunky! o_O

You and me both, friend. I've probably put 10 hours into it already.

I can't stop playing although I am raging left and right at the game. Only reached the ice caves so far and don't even have the short cut. I just hate it when I don't have the stuff for tunnel man.

Hello Vitabros!

Look me up on PSN if you want to hear some sweet French accent in Party!

Sad thing being a NA PSN+ member is that we will have to go through Killzone Mercenary first before Rayman Legends.

Welcome new Vitabro.

I completely suck at the game (96 deaths and I haven't even made it to 2-1), so I don't have much to "go to shit" ;)

I don't ever play for an hour straight, but my eyes hurt nevertheless. Neither my computer monitor nor my TV do this to my eyes, but my Vita seems to.

VanWinkle

I can't stop playing although I am raging left and right at the game. Only reached the ice caves so far and don't even have the short cut. I just hate it when I don't have the stuff for tunnel man.

I rage constantly, too, and I also have only gotten to the ice caves. Only the first level of it, in fact. I have 2 of the 3 requests for the shortcut to the ice caves, but I need a shotgun for the third which is driving me crazy because I hardly ever get one of those. And the jungles are so hard so I'm getting sick of playing it, lol.

My point being that Sony usually announces its big games around a year from release.
Wasn't the case with Gran Turismo 6 though. And I suspect the reason was Polyphony Digital's history of missing deadlines, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sony plays it safe with other titles where they're unsure when they'll be ready to ship.

Bend could be doing PS4 stuff that doesn't necessarily involve creating an entire PS4 game. Maybe some of the team members are just doing some tech stuff or something.
It occurs to me that if the rumors about London creating a new Syphon Filter game turn out to be true, Bend guys like Garvin would likely be involved in a supervising capacity.

First of all, is there any way to tell how many hours you've put into a Vita (or PS3) game? I love the feature on Steam.

Secondly, how come, in Spelunky, I hit a bat, snake, etc with my whip and I often get hurt even though it kills them? Drives me nuts.

theytookourjobz

First of all, is there any way to tell how many hours you've put into a Vita (or PS3) game? I love the feature on Steam.

Secondly, how come, in Spelunky, I hit a bat, snake, etc with my whip and I often get hurt even though it kills them? Drives me nuts.

You just have to get used to how far your whip goes. If you're gettin hit, you're swinging too early.

mauaus

keep your distance time it right :)

jlevel13

hmm... they must be hitting you first. You can swing your whip as you're hit, so try to get the timing so you are swinging a little earlier than you have been. with bats, it's tricky, because they often come towards you at a weird angle, you often actually have to jump and hit them out of the air (or step back a few steps till they are coming at you straight).

nampad

I rage constantly, too, and I also have only gotten to the ice caves. Only the first level of it, in fact. I have 2 of the 3 requests for the shortcut to the ice caves, but I need a shotgun for the third which is driving me crazy because I hardly ever get one of those. And the jungles are so hard so I'm getting sick of playing it, lol.

OMG, you need a shotgun? Already missed some money, rope or bomb requests. How the hell am I gonna bring him a shotgun?
Hope those requests are random, or are they fixed?

Edit: he really wants a shotgun, ugh. Beat the ice caves and it seems he has to do all the other shortcuts before he does the following ones :/
Damn temple, got crushed after my pristine ice cave run just because I didn't know the traps.

My worst death was because of one of those helping AI chars.
I planted a bomb and he threw it right back at me. What an asshole, I bought him from the shop. He was supposed to be my slave :(
Didn't know whether I should laugh or cry about it.

smr00

Banned
So after a week of mulling it over i decided to finally bite on the Vita, went ahead and downloaded the free stuff from PS+ and plan on stopping by best buy tomorrow after work and what i want to know is, am i going to have to just suck it up and pay for the 32gb? Note, i won't be going 100% full digital but i would say a good 75% of what i buy/get will be digital.

Should i start with a 8-16gb? Is it easy to transfer stuff over? I wanted to grab the 32gb at BB if i could find a site that has it for $60-70 that BB would price match. The 32gb on amazon is third party seller so they won't PM it.

sajj316

So after a week of mulling it over i decided to finally bite on the Vita, went ahead and downloaded the free stuff from PS+ and plan on stopping by best buy tomorrow after work and what i want to know is, am i going to have to just suck it up and pay for the 32gb? Note, i won't be going 100% full digital but i would say a good 75% of what i buy/get will be digital.

Should i start with a 8-16gb? Is it easy to transfer stuff over? I wanted to grab the 32gb at BB if i could find a site that has it for $60-70 that BB would price match. The 32gb on amazon is third party seller so they won't PM it.

I had an 8 GB but quickly realized I needed 32 GB. I'm almost full on my 32 GB. Considering you have plus, it will fill up quick!!

smr00

Banned
I had an 8 GB but quickly realized I needed 32 GB. I'm almost full on my 32 GB. Considering you have plus, it will fill up quick!!
I was afraid i would have to drop another $100.

Why the fuck is the 32GB so goddamn expensive? it's $99 at bestbuy.. I thought they price dropped it?!?!

Top Bottom