• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. |OT| Tahiti is a Magical Place (to...Hey guys, I found it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

jbzC1UFbUOROQa.png

jb1FwVytQi1Gzw.png

jbqV55Z5pAoKpK.png

jbbHxJQ8lQVeAC.png

j3AbcI3obOAm7.png

jxfHSDc8sBMe0.png
jAmgLJtodZu5o.png
jl9u24DL9nDb6.png

judPqbKy55ERR.png
j9g6SMYzrkKzD.png
jchTyCqJ3wTv7.png

jqqnzliU2fME9.png

jhA7lvZDXJ22N.png

TheOddOne

Two early reviews.

- Denver Post
A few story threads carry over from “The Avengers,” playing to the fan base, but the TV hour is designed to stand on its own. While there are aliens, paranormal events and superheroes, it’s ultimately all about emotion, camaraderie and the challenge of being human. Those of us who prefer the quippy moments to the big flashy explosions will have to hope the (expensive looking) pyrotechnics of the pilot aren’t Whedon’s ongoing focus.
- Washington Post
“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” launches with a plucky, adventuresome and remarkably non-pretentious pilot episode, but if you haven’t been reading Marvel Comics lately (or at all — Stan Lee first dreamed up a S.H.I.E.L.D. story line in 1965), then the show can feel somewhat exclusionary and, frankly, a little too cornball and cutesy about its own geekiness. There’s an opportunity here to riff on the contemporary issue of government intrusion and Wikileaks paranoia, but, in its first episode at least, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” seems more like a Comic-Con afterparty in which not enough people came dressed as superheroes. Grade: B-

Mengetsu

I need this be good and I need a new show in my life to get absorbed into and haven't trusted another show since Heroes got canned..I just want conclusions to my shows I hate cancellation and it turns me off from TV for long periods of time.

it could be fun but i can't watch a whole show with that recruitment dork from the marvel movies. he was so non-existent and uninteresting that it was bizarre how important they tried to make him post-avengers.

I need this be good and I need a new show in my life to get absorbed into and haven't trusted another show since Heroes got canned..I just want conclusions to my shows I hate cancellation and it turns me off from TV for long periods of time.
No conclusion could've repaired the damage done to HEROES by its own second and third seasons.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it could be fun but i can't watch a whole show with that recruitment dork from the marvel movies. he was so non-existent and uninteresting that it was bizarre how important they tried to make him post-avengers.

Which the TV show is supposed to fix. And frankly, that's why I'm watching it: to see if they flesh out Colson or not.

I hope at the least it's watchable. I'm not skeptical or anything per se, but I could use another show on the DVR.

Why do so many people on this show look like runway models? It's kind of off putting.

Normally I wouldn't be bothered by something like that, but when I tried to watch Revolution it was really off-putting to me since they're supposed to live in a post-apocalyptic world or something.

Slayven

I hope at the least it's watchable. I'm not skeptical or anything per se, but I could use another show on the DVR.

Normally I wouldn't be bothered by something like that, but when I tried to watch Revolution it was really off-putting to me since they're supposed to live in a post-apocalyptic world or something.

Styling gel doesn't need to refrigerated.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What I'm really interested in is seeing how this series handles the events of the next batch of MCU movies, and if it lasts long enough, Avengers 2.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
What I'm really interested in is seeing how this series handles the events of the next batch of MCU movies, and if it lasts long enough, Avengers 2.
That will be interesting to watch and see what gets integrated... I also wonder if any of these characters will actually make it into any of the movies, even just in cameos to tie everything together.

I'm looking forward to have more than one TV show to look forward. Waiting 9-12 months between Doctor Who seasons is rough.

Also, welcome, everyone to SHIELDGAF.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Still remember people here telling me I didn't understand the movie when I pointed out why Coulson may have survived in Avengers and why it was likely that Marvel was at least considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom