• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. |OT| Tahiti is a Magical Place (to...Hey guys, I found it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
A little nervous about how many cooks are in the kitchen with this, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it works out -- I really want SHIELD to be good.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm pretty excited, even if my sole reason is Cobie and Clark. From a distance I can't tell anyone else apart who isn't Coluson.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
A little nervous about how many cooks are in the kitchen with this, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it works out -- I really want SHIELD to be good.

I'm only worried about one of these cooks.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
They're currently filming the 4th episode of the series:

shield-stockholm-1.jpg

redmask.jpg

xz4c7Uz.jpg

Better than Steven Moffat's "Time can be rewritten" bogus

Nope. Time being like a banana has been one of the central themes in the show for quite some time, and ties directly into the The Doctor having a time machine. Doctor Who has also had the equivalent of LMD's, and those always seem much more like a cheat compared to rewriting time.

Slayven

Nope. Time being like a banana has been one of the central themes in the show for quite some time, and ties directly into the The Doctor having a time machine. Doctor Who has also had the equivalent of LMD's, and those always seem much more like a cheat compared to rewriting time.

So have LMDs, been a important part of SHIELD mythology.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
That almost scares me -- it's so necessary for SHIELD to be a hit that it could cause more-than-necessary studio and network oversight. Or not. But it's just a theory.

Disney's been pretty hands off creatively in regards to the MCU, allowing Kevin Feige to do his thing with little interference. The Mouse House's marketing muscle is where they come into play. For example, Disney's planning to heavily promote Thor: The Dark World across all its properties (ABC, ESPN, etc) next week.

I'm assuming that Weadon's had a plan since the Avengers, whether it will pay off, is another question

So have LMDs, been a important part of SHIELD mythology.

Right, I'm not really disputing that, but I do strongly disagree that it's any better a cop-out than, "time can be rewritten."

I'm assuming that Weadon's had a plan since the Avengers, whether it will pay off, is another question

Maybe he does, but the audience unfamiliar with the comics will feel cheated with that sort of explanation since the movies have not established these to be a thing. I suppose he could make it work if LMD's were to be a central part of the story.

In what Marvel movie do they bring up LMD and in what specific scene? because I've seen all of the Marvel films at least twice and never heard about that.

zugzug

I will find every single reason to hate and I mean HATE this show and its really stupid cast but I'll prolly watch every single episode just because I'm a TV junkie.

The Casting just looks so bad and atypical of Hollywood. retread Ming Na, NO thank you not interested. 20 somethings without a care in the world doing everything perfectly no thank you. I know its ABC but I would so much more enjoy this series if they murdered one cast member every season.

ivysaur12

Banned
I will find every single reason to hate and I mean HATE this show and its really stupid cast but I'll prolly watch every single episode just because I'm a TV junkie.

The Casting just looks so bad and atypical of Hollywood. retread Ming Na, NO thank you not interested. 20 somethings without a care in the world doing everything perfectly no thank you. I know its ABC but I would so much more enjoy this series if they murdered one cast member every season.

I love how posts like this exist before the pilot even airs. Beautiful. Thank you, Internet, for your ever-glorious hyperbolic bullshit.

Qvoth

holy shit this is next week!!
wooooo
super excited, along with almost human it's my most anticipated new shows

Given a bit of what I've heard about the pilot, I'm actually wondering whether we'll see much of anything/anyone that fans will recognize from the comics introduced here. But I hope that fear is unfounded.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I googled relucantly about when - if ever - this show will drag itself onto UK TV..

September 27th! Channel 4. And the same day as the IT Crowd special.

Series link get.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
My take, after rewatching Avengers tonight, was that Coulson didn't die...
The only confirmation came from Fury, who had an ulterior motive for making the Avengers believe he died. If he faked the cards, why not the death itself? It'll probably be explained in the first ep somehow.

Anyway, looking forward to this.

Thai

Bane was better.

Kinda in the same boat. I could have blindly given you description of each of those characters before I saw them/read their description. They are archetypical hollywood by now.

My take, after rewatching Avengers tonight, was that Coulson didn't die...
The only confirmation came from Fury, who had an ulterior motive for making the Avengers believe he died. If he faked the cards, why not the death itself? It'll probably be explained in the first ep somehow.

Well,
not really. There's apparently an explanation of some kind given in the pilot, but it's revealed by the end of the episode that this is just a cover story and that the real story will emerge in later episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom