• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Build Fighters |OT| "Just make a wish. Anytime, anywhere, I'll come running."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
irBvuzLl02PB8.png

Watch for FREE on the official Youtube Channel every Monday, 8AM EST.
EP1: EN, JP, KR
EP2: EN, JP
EP3: EN
EP4: EN
Ep5: EN
Ep6: EN
Ep7: EN
Ep8: EN
Sunrise (grammer mine) said:
The near future, years after the huge "Gunpla"—plastic models based on the anime seris Mobile Suit Gundam—boom of the 1980s.

A second Gunpla boom is taking the world by storm, fueled by the revolutionary new ability to pilot your own Gunpla creations in "Gunpla Battles". These incredibly popular Battles culminate in a yearly global tournament.

Our hero, Denis Lori, is a young Gunpla builder who dreams of someday making it to the world championships. An only child whose family owns a model shop, his building talent is well-honed, but his weak piloting abilities have led to a series of first-round losses.

Then, one day, he meets a boy named Reno whose piloting skills are incredible. Together, as a team, they take on the world!

Denis, the Gunpla Builder.
Reno, the Gunpla Fighter.
Denis builds, Reno fights.
Together, they're the Build Figthers!

Their dream is to make it to the Gunpla Battle World Championship... and win!

GIF SPOILERS BEWARE

iD8fl26jpIJUd.gif

PLUG ALL THE GUNDAMS

iFSK8C96Ruw29.gif

RINKO-SAN UNF UNF UNF

ilczysJe7omF4.gif

FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

iPbi36HFx347g.gif

IF I DIE IN THE GAME, I DIE IN REAL LIFE

iRpBfciPwNEgh.gif

GIMME THAT MECH ANIMATION

ibzFt8VGdNPnX2.gif

MORE

iedGa4Q0g63ra.gif

MORE, MORE OF IT

iz127wHizVS3V.gif

EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING

ibr08iKa7Al2bR.gif

Reno said:
If you're ever in trouble,
Just make a wish on that rock.
At any time, in any situation, I'll come running.
I'll handle any sort of trouble.
That's a promise. I swear.

Lead characters seem like theyll easily be high ranking among the best Gundam universe characters personally, total BFs indeed.

Hyped to watch this eventually after all the praise.

CorvoSol

This is the best Gundam show since Unicorn. Setting Unicorn aside this is the best Gundam show since SEED.

It's like the long night of shit that Destiny started is finally coming to an end.

Wasn't sold when I learned about the concept for the series....but fuck it, it's really fun. Haven't seen Gundam Age but I like this different take on a gundam series.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cool. I like Gundam in essence...like the suits and all...but the only shows I could really stomach are the original, Turn A (the best imo), and G, the latter more so due to nostalgia seeing it on Cartoon Network. I struggled through Z and Wing, and while watching ZZ I just got tired of Gundam in general...ironically, it was actually the latter seriousness of ZZ that bored me, I quite enjoyed the earlier light-heartedness of it.

So I'm looking forward to a fun Gundam.

Kalamari

Haha, looks like this will be a cool series. I wonder if there will be any other cameos of past characters.

fallagin

Haha, oh wow that is so yugioh. Kind of interesting.

I wonder if they are going to go the skylanders/disney infinity route based off this show.

Gundam but beyblades?
I don't know why this surprised me but it did.
I'll probably watch it sometime nonetheless..

If I were 8 they could swallow my soul with gundam NFC toys.

Dysun

What is Gundam The Origin? A retelling of 0079 or an adaption of the manga based on the 0079 series (lol)

Bodacious

Banned
The only Gundam series I've ever watched is the original 1st season, but I did get to go to the Gundam "museum" in Odaiba (Tokyo) this summer and see the gigantic 1:1 scale Gundam RX-78-2 that stands outside. Anyone wanna see a few pics?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
So this is Yu-Gi-Oh with Gundams.

Yes.
And it's awesome.

Now, there - Why would ANYONE devise a AR\VR battle system where your expensive as fuck models get broken every single battle?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yes.
And it's awesome.

Now, there - Why would ANYONE devise a AR\VR battle system where your expensive as fuck models get broken every single battle?

So you'll have to buy more to replace them

Which is exactly what Bandai would do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom