• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Build Fighters Try |OT| Once Again, Please Set Your GP Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBAD

reiji_7745.png

Star Build Strike and Build Burning, Build Knuckles and Jigen Zukis only. :S

Anyway, I've made some progress with the LBP3 project here: https://youtu.be/c0AWviKMiM4

16967593942_f44dd80a12_o.gif

Gonna add more units of course, but all the playables will be Meijin related. :3

Nice, donkey show.

PhiLonius

Star Build Strike and Build Burning, Build Knuckles and Jigen Zukis only. :S

Anyway, I've made some progress with the LBP3 project here: https://youtu.be/c0AWviKMiM4

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7594/16967593942_f44dd80a12_o.gif

Gonna add more units of course, but all the playables will be Meijin related. :3

Little Big Gundam Dev

That looks cool. After not playing LBP after the first one, I'm surprised at all the things the series can do now.

And that Meijin music never fails to get me hype.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yuuma was the best part of episode 24

Hoshino was also pretty fucking sweet.

I wish the over time battle would have been the first half of episode 25 though. I think their big mistake was rolling the big moment into a quick 2 minute battle.

Best thing about build fighter try is that it gives no fucks and this episode took it to the next level. Over all rather enjoyable but it could have been so much more.

MechaX

can't wait to see Yuuma beast on Sei in s3.

Yuuma will beast Sei with the Lightning Gundam Double Full Burnern Raiser (it has two backpacks now!) and then Sei will be like "such power can only be expected from an Artistic Gunpla Building Champion."

Yuuma will beast Sei with the Lightning Gundam Double Full Burnern Raiser (it has two backpacks now!) and then Sei will be like "such power can only be expected from an Artistic Gunpla Building Champion."
It's really cool that you got to watch a preview of Season 3. I'm excited, as Yuuma's character is my fav due to some well-thought development at a decent rate.

It's really cool that you got to watch a preview of Season 3. I'm excited, as Yuuma's character is my fav due to some well-thought development at a decent rate.

In spite his fighting style being almost suicidal but hey it's a development. Besides that I liked this season especially winning Gundam, it's kinda adorable and creative.

In spite his fighting style being almost suicidal but hey it's a development. Besides that I liked this season especially winning Gundam, it's kinda adorable and creative.
yeah I agree
how the winning gundam separated and let the show focus on yuuma and sekai was my favorite cause it showed how through team strategy they all worked together to win kinda

OH MY GOD
I CAN'T EVEN BREATHE
YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
TENOUTATEN

LIGHTNING ZETA GUNDAM YES
KAMIKI BURNING GUNDAM YES
DOM R35 YESSSSSSSSSS

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST
THE EAST IS BURNING RED
HOLY FUCK

If we don't get all of those I have no idea what will happen.

lonely

You don't
give 2/3 of your main cast new mechs
and then not make a sequel. I would say the show really picked up in the last few episodes and this was a great send off even if it didn't reach the heights of the last series finale.

Deadly

Shia best girl confirmed. Alright ending I suppose. The episode was all around fun. The Meijins are such dweebs.

Doesn't look like they're going back to 1v1 fights though since the three are still together...

Parshias7

This episode finally regained all the silly Gundam fanservice that made the original season so great. If only the entire show had been more like this episode.

duckroll

Episode 25 (End)

That was a lot of fun, but it was also serious brain damage.... head still hurts. "Gunpla is fun" seems to be the only message the show could figure out what to do with. The characters were a mess, the themes were undercooked, and there was nothing really exciting or interesting about any of the dynamics or rivalries in the entire season, but I guess for the finale they realized there was nothing else to do but to just do... whatever.

-----

https://twitter.com/buildfighters/status/583242434080952322

In other news, they just confirmed that both Build Fighters and Build Fighters Try will be getting OVA specials. Each one will be directed by the respective director from the two series. Who wants to bet which will turn out better... lol.

fertygo

That's surprisingly conclusive, and seem there's no build-up for later season.. even if they make season 3 its seem they gonna create entirely brand new cast again.

Overall this season is an disappointment, but I still have some fun.. I'm not gonna swearing never gonna watch the S3 like some people, hopefully if there's S3, the production not seem obviously undercooked again and have some preparation.

Btw this last eps is a lot of fun,

I didn't watch the last episode yet but I personally loved this show. Of course, S1 was better but this is not so bad like some people make it to be. It is still the best Gundam show of the year, even if you didn't like it much ;)

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure we will have a S3 and I personally can't wait for it.

At Bamco headquarter, "It's the last episode, guys! Throw all your gunpla designs in there!! Yes, your fucking otaku MS Girl too!! Now put all of them for pre-ordering"

Wubby

I personally loved this show. Of course, S1 was better but this is not so bad like some people make it to be. It is still the best Gundam show of the year, even if you didn't like it much ;)

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure we will have a S3 and I personally can't wait for it.

This is how I feel. I enjoyed Try. Not as great as first season but at least every fight wasn't build knuckle finish. Gunpla battles being reduced to colored lines flying around the screen was a bit of a let down in Try.

Try had some great mech designs though. I hope we'll get to see some of the suits from the last episode as kits. And with OVA's coming I'm sure well get some more kits out of that too. Really hope for a third season still... It's a pretty low budget show for them it seems but has a big return. I want it to keep going.

And some new kits are coming! Any guesses?

ipRYhbIUkUXfe.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't believe Yuuma built a Zeta with a slightly different backpack and won

No wait I can completely believe that

Anyways that was a pretty good episode to end on. Pretty amazingly ridiculous

Divvy

I thought season 3 was already confirmed? I remember reading about it a few weeks ago, am I wrong?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if the authors are just messing with us relating to Yuuma. Like they know his stuff really bland, and the fact he keeps winning these contests is a joke.

Totally forgot about this, I thought the episode before was the last one. I even watched the preview and it still didn't click that there was another.

Divvy

I wonder if the authors are just messing with us relating to Yuuma. Like they know his stuff really bland, and the fact he keeps winning these contests is a joke.

Well I was surprised that the show actually acknowledged that Sakai should have gotten Fumina's permission which is what disqualified him. I guess I have an extremely low expectation of equality when it comes to anime.

Best ending for an okay season. Should've been this wacky the whole way through instead of playing it straight-faced through most of it. All the new suits were pretty nice as well. Was digging Kamiki Burning as I had imagined Try Burning would be more of an upgrade like that. Dat Dom R35 doe. And Domon. And Kämpfer Amazing vs Zaku Amazing fight in the beggining (best fight in the entire show). My man Mamoru with the Destiny Impulse. Plus Xi animated! All the fanservice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom