• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: How fast is redeeming a code on Xbox One?

https://vine.co/v/hIAEZuQp5MK

537.gif

Bgamer90

Banned
Seems very fast.

Small but good feature -- I was even starting to get annoyed at typing in codes via the Xbox chatpad.

xJavonta

Banned
Cool but I doubt many people will use it.

Edit: Didn't expect it put I'll put this here so I don't get fucking flamed
Jeez you guys are getting defensive lol

I'm saying it probably won't get used much. I know a ton of people who NEVER used the kinect card to properly calibrate their kinect.

I never said it was a bad feature, in fact I think it's really neat. I'm just saying that from personal experience, most people I know will stick to what they've been doing.

Mrbob

I let the short video repeat for like 2 minutes straight, mesmerizing. Maybe it was Larry's sexy voice which transfixed me.

flkraven

Just found out Vine doesn't work for me at the office. Instead, I get Larry just staring at me sternly without blinking.

Damn, that's pretty sweet. I always found using that on screen pad thing pretty irritating, especially when you make one lil mistake and you gotta type the entire 25 character thing over.

RE_Player

YES!!!!! I absolutely hated the original Kinect but little features like this go a long way in making me think it won't be boxed up if I get an Xbox One down the line.

Meia

Not kidding: best use of Kinect I've seen thus far.

Agreed. A system that had many neat things like that would be pretty cool. Too bad that's been one of the first examples I've seen of an actual upgrade in terms of use with the kinect system. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wonder how far out the range is on that. Kinda sucks if you have to get up to get closer, would rather just type in a code because I'm that lazy. Pretty neat though.

Finally someone actually does this. Seemed like something that should have happened years ago.

It probably wont work for cash/points cards top ups though right? Since they can hide the QR codes behind the scratchy stuff they do now? Or can they?

Top Bottom