• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Anyone know how big Battlefield 4 is?
About 33GB I believe.
When you buy a digital xbox one game is it linked to your account or your console? Like what if I buy it at launch and buy crimson dragon and end up returning the system and getting an x1 down the road would I be able to redownload at that time?

Reason I ask is I think at one point digital 360 games were linked to the system which is why you had to do that annoying license/system transfer

With the 360 all purchases were linked to both the profile and the console (ie, you have access to that content anywhere with your profile and the console had access to it with any profile).

Not sure if they've said, but I'd assume the X1 works the same way.

Loiselle

When you buy a digital xbox one game is it linked to your account or your console? Like what if I buy it at launch and buy crimson dragon and end up returning the system and getting an x1 down the road would I be able to redownload at that time?

Reason I ask is I think at one point digital 360 games were linked to the system which is why you had to do that annoying license/system transfer

When you purchase a game digitally, there are 2 licenses given. One to your console, and one to your gamertag.

The license on the console allows for any user on the console to play it, either online or offline.

The license on your gamertag allows you to put it on ANY console, but only YOU are granted permission to play the full title.

Eoin

When you purchase a game digitally, there are 2 licenses given. One to your console, and one to your gamertag.

The license on the console allows for any user on the console to play it, either online or offline.

The license on your gamertag allows you to put it on ANY console, but only YOU are granted permission to play the full title.
And you need to be online. I abused this so much, would buy on my brothers console with my GT and redownload on my console. Two games for the price of one :)

Sojgat

So, Terry Crews huh? I like it.

Can't wait for the "You think I'm playing?" Gifs, with Crews brandishing an Xbone menacingly in a variety of situations.

scently

I have a question. Does the XBL Day One card come with KI? by that I mean does it come with the $20 KI? because it is stated that it comes KI Round One. Do we have any clarification on what that means?

Miles X

I have a question. Does the XBL Day One card come with KI? by that I mean does it come with the $20 KI? because it is stated that it comes KI Round One. Do we have any clarification on what that means?

Messaging on this has been so confusing. I think all it means is Shadow Jago and the free version :/

CougRon

I've got a preorder for the Xbox One and I've been trying to plan out how it best should be connected to my setup. Does anyone know if it should be:
* CableBox->XboxOne->AVReceiver->Television
or
* CableBox->AVReceiver->XboxOne->Television.

I'm thinking it should be the first one since that would mean no seperate hookup for the Audio back to the receiver, but having the xbox between the receiver and the television would allow overlays for my other devices connected to the receiver. Any thoughts?

EBE

cashier at gamestop tried to sell me on it (was pretty cool about it, didnt harass me or nothing) and he made it out to seem as though it came with the full game - that is, the entire roster of characters youd get if you purchase the $20 version of the game. not sure myself. would be lame if it were only Shadow Jago

Rourkey

I've got a preorder for the Xbox One and I've been trying to plan out how it best should be connected to my setup. Does anyone know if it should be:
* CableBox->XboxOne->AVReceiver->Television
or
* CableBox->AVReceiver->XboxOne->Television.

I'm thinking it should be the first one since that would mean no seperate hookup for the Audio back to the receiver, but having the xbox between the receiver and the television would allow overlays for my other devices connected to the receiver. Any thoughts?

Been wondering this myself, does Xbox support arc (audio return channel) does your amp? If so it could go on the arc channel meaning it could go between the amp and the tv and return audio down meaning you get the best of both worlds

Marvel

could never
cashier at gamestop tried to sell me on it (was pretty cool about it, didnt harass me or nothing) and he made it out to seem as though it came with the full game - that is, the entire roster of characters youd get if you purchase the $20 version of the game. not sure myself. would be lame if it were only Shadow Jago

I was wondering this myself. Here in EU it only says it comes with Shadow Jago only.

Take a look

Hoo-doo

Banned
Got to say, the accessory packaging for the Xbox One is fantastic.

Slick little boxes that greet you with your new hardware as you open it. It's a small detail, but it gives so much satisfaction!
It's like how Apple products are packaged. As soon as you open the box you are greeted with a beautiful display, waiting for you to touch it.

Wish all companies did that instead of shitty brown cardboard, plastic wrapping and styrofoam.

Been wondering this myself, does Xbox support arc (audio return channel) does your amp? If so it could go on the arc channel meaning it could go between the amp and the tv and return audio down meaning you get the best of both worlds

Would be interesting if it does but I can't see this working as with ARC, the amp has to be set to a certain input. What if you want to run your cable box or HTPC audio through it? Ahhh confusing

p3tran

Banned
SO, I WAKE UP TO THESE:

terry5_by_raziel1992-d6um8yq.gif

AND, LIKE A REASONABLE MAN THAT I AM, I THINK:
THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEK!! FOUR FUCKIN' DAYS!

ZeroAlpha

Banned
Got everything I need confirmed ordered for friday. Me and my mate are doing a launch lan on the Saturday while we foolishly hope we can play online.

If not just gonna enjoy some games offline lol.

Prine

Banned
Yeah, on second read, there are plenty of level-headed posts. And the OP is fine aside from the title. But some of the posts just make me glad that there's finally an Xbox thread not dominated by the same ad-nauseam arguments.

Here here. And it's great to finally read a thread full level headed posters with Xbox One as the focal point, as soon as people receive their consoles I expect alot of posters to be shot down for their bullshit. The UI and snap breaking the machine exposed so many agendas.

Miles X

Here here. And it's great to finally read a thread full level headed posters with Xbox One as the focal point, as soon as people receive their consoles I expect alot of posters to be shot down for their bullshit. The UI and snap breaking the machine exposed so many agendas.

And CBOAT will get away with his blatant lying once again. Just because he's right 80% of the time doesn't give him the right to get away deceiving the other 20% of the time.

Tomcat

And CBOAT will get away with his blatant lying once again. Just because he's right 80% of the time doesn't give him the right to get away deceiving the other 20% of the time.

at least now that the new consoles are out these so called insiders will go back where they came from. lol

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

I really don't remember who posted what anymore. What I do remember is that every time the XB1 got a bit of momentum an insider would pop up with some damning bit of information usually impossible to prove because they usually left themselves an out.

Remember the one about how it took 3 weeks to port Ghosts to the PS4 and it ran at 90fps, whilst it took 4 months to get the XB1 version to 15fps. That was actually taken seriously.

Miles X

at least now that the new consoles are out these so called insiders will go back where they came from. lol

Aha, I'm sure we'll here many more post launch 'rumours'.

I really don't remember who posted what anymore. What I do remember is that every time the XB1 got a bit of momentum an insider would pop up with some damning bit of information usually impossible to prove because they usually left themselves an out.

Remember the one about how it took 3 weeks to port Ghosts to the PS4 and it ran at 90fps, whilst it took 4 months to get the XB1 version to 15fps. That was actually taken seriously.

Oh totally, he did exactly that on his last one. "Snap is broken, totally fucked. Might be fixed by launch".

GavinGT

Banned
I won't out-and-out refute the insider leaks. I think most of them had inklings of truth to them. But what matters in the end is that the Xbox team seems to have overcome those obstacles in time for launch. So really they just caused a lot of panic over nothing.

yield issues - possibly true, but nowhere near Xbox 360 levels
snap crashes - seems to work great now
wide-sweeping XBL issues - ???
family sharing limited to 60 minute demos - we'll likely never know
downclock - false
first party development way behind - Rare and Black Tusk hit with delays, but still a shitload of games

madmackem

I won't out-and-out refute the insider leaks. I think most of them had inklings of truth to them. But what matters in the end is that the Xbox team seems to have overcome those obstacles in time for launch. So really they just caused a lot of panic over nothing.

downclock - false
first party development way behind - Rare and Black Tusk hit with delays, but still a shitload of games

Yeah alot of them will have been true, like the fact they cut back on launch countries would point to yield issues, most of them have come true in some part but it looks like ms have overcame most of them on the run up to launch.

cripterion

I seriously hope that they charge for and ship the console today. Otherwise I'm afraid I'm not getting it Friday...

Yeah same, haven't been charged.
My preorder from MS store still the same as in august, on main page they're out of stock now and says preorders would be shipped between 22 November and 31 December...wtf

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

downclock - false

Yeah, we still have to see the general state of XBL but the annoying aspect is if there's typical launch woes(see PSN) it will be as insiders said.

The stuff with snap and a lot of UI stuff being screwed up was especially damning as it was called out as being broken on a specific day, and 11 days later that guy got his console earlier than anyone expected, had a patch and it was working. I agree that there's truth to this stuff, but none of it seemed particularly out of the ordinary for pre-launch stuff yet was constantly being blown up like crazy.

But I'm glad that stuff is behind us and people can finally just enjoy some games.

Rockondevil

Hahaha nice title, but 720p is not fine is more like last-gen.

It is fine because obviously there are many of us that do not really care. 1080p is nice, I won't deny that but there are so many other important things that come first.

But hey, you are entitled to your opinion.

Rey

Got to say, the accessory packaging for the Xbox One is fantastic.

Slick little boxes that greet you with your new hardware as you open it. It's a small detail, but it gives so much satisfaction!
It's like how Apple products are packaged. As soon as you open the box you are greeted with a beautiful display, waiting for you to touch it.

Wish all companies did that instead of shitty brown cardboard, plastic wrapping and styrofoam.

I was also impressed by the packaging of the Xbox One. Also the quality of the materials used for the Xbox and the accessories looks good.

Rourkey

Would be interesting if it does but I can't see this working as with ARC, the amp has to be set to a certain input. What if you want to run your cable box or HTPC audio through it? Ahhh confusing
Well you would only switch the amp to arc when watching so something on the xbox everything else runs through the amp as normal?

p3tran

Banned
I forgot. Was the DR3 build final when DF measured it? I still hope for stable 30fps.

let me rephrase this into something more sensible:

- when I blow up 100 rag doll zombies on screen and vehicles etc , I kind of expect that framerate will drop.
Hell, all these years I've been playing games that drop 4-5 frames when more than 3 characters appear on screen.
- what I care is, that control latency during these moments will be kept to the same levels like when system is not overloading the gpu.
control becoming sluggish when gpu is taxed, this usually makes a game unplayable for me.
if control is kept the same during all times, then probably I'm good, given of course that I find a game interesting.

I have read no complaint about sluggish controls yet, so I remain optimistic on this until detailed reviews..

There was a brief mention of it being from the London event. I have no idea what state the build was in, though.

I went to a preview event in London before that article was posted and they told me the game was, "pretty much the final build". The whole game was playable but they were running it in debug mode.

Top Bottom