• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I put the scores PS4 and WiiU got from the verge on one image to compare. Where do you think Xbox One will replace in respective category's?

Here are the reviews for both if anybody wants to read, they're quite in depth.

Verge PS4 Review - 7.7

Verge WiiU Review - 7.0

VergeConsoleComparison_zpsf2cb05db.png

Design- 6.5- Should get knocked for being so large. I don't care if MS did that to prevent another RRoD, it's still a downside. Aesthetically it's ok.

Software- 8-9- Depending on well the different apps work. It should be higher then both PS4 or WiiU, since it has the most apps at launch.

Game Selection- 8-8.5- Good lineup, depends on game scores.

Controls- 7.5-9- We know the controller will be well recieved, but if the kinect dosn't work as well as advertised the control score could take a big hit.

Performance- 7-7.5- Should take a big hit for lack of power, could make up or lose ground depending on how smooth the UI is.

Heat/Noise- 8-8.5- Probably similar to the PS4 since the Blu-ray players are the noisiest parts of them, maybe a little cooler.

Final score- 7.2-8.2

I am very excited for xbox one this coming friday and i love my PS4.

Something about the UI and ability to plug in my DirectTV to it and freeing up an HDMI port sounds very appealing.

I am interested in trying the UI and i want to play KI.

I want to play that more than any launch title i got from PS4.

I am very excited for xbox one this coming friday and i love my PS4.

Something about the UI and ability to plug in my DirectTV to it and freeing up an HDMI port sounds very appealing.
Yeah don't underestimate getting back an HDMI port. I have a six-port receiver and it's always maxed out. I'm glad I won't have to unplug my Wii U to make room for the XB1 since my Xfinity 1 box will now pass through it.

I'm hoping the HDMI In port will pass through DTS HD audio and Dolby True HD audio since I'll be plugging my HTPC into it (I never watch normal TV)

This is pretty much going to be all Xbox all week. Tons of stuff every day culminating in me getting an Xbox One on Friday and playing the shit out of it all weekend. Then next week is Thanksgiving and I'm going to stuff my fucking fat face with turkey and pie and play more Xbox One. Life is pretty sweet right now.

I'm still upset that the Xbox One Tour didn't come anywhere near Detroit, MI. Then again, it was kind of to be expected . . . they were probably afraid to be shot / robbed. Ha.

Its a long shot I know, but I just received a shipping notification from my XBO. It says they are shipping it next day air. If it shows up Tuesday or Wednesday do you think there is any risk of starting it up and playing some games? Or is Microsoft still banning people?

Super excited for Friday as well. Can't wait to get my Xbox :)

Will be nice to plug my Sky HD box through it and get an HDMI port back. Though it is a pity it will then mean watching TV using the Game setting on my Panny rather than the custom settings I use now. Unless I always switch viewing modes back and forth of course. But that's a small price to pay.

Miles X

Oh man, I hope Forza scores 90+ (Know we won't find out till wednesday)

i know it doesn't really mean anything, but every mainline entry has been 90+ which is amazing for any franchise. Shame to see it slip now.

Gowans

I can not wait till Friday, I have a long weekend off work to, it's going to be ace.

KI, BF4 & Forza are what I'll hit first.

madmackem

Dead Rising 3: "It looked really really nice and ran really well."

It's not, they said they will revisit it, I think this all but confirms that DF used a old build(probably Gamescom build which was known for frame issues.).

It wasnt as old as that, ms held an event in london a few days before the df went up so it will have been captured from that event so very very little chance of it being months old build. I think people just need to accept dr3 is at times going to run like utter shit, just accept it and enjoy the game for what it is.

Rockondevil

Man the days are dragging waiting for my X1 to arrive D:

I was a fool and picked the delivery option not even thinking of going to the midnight launch (pre-ordered soo long ago), so chances are I won't even get it on Friday.
Fingers crossed it comes Friday and I can pick it up Saturday from the post office.

EBGames told me I could cancel it and reorder it at a store to get it at midnight, but I'd be forfeiting the Day One edition, I decided 1 more day can't kill me.... I hope.

And I am laughing my ass off at all the Crews GIF's. 100x better than Banderas.

cool_dude

Banned
Pretty excited to have two Xbox Ones in the same house. My bro's going to have one in the living room area, and mine will be hooked up to the projector in the man cave. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Guerrilla

well I dug a little, and it seems COD:Ghosts does also support impulse triggers:

2aeuls4w.jpg

I hope this turns out true.

Only a little more than 6 hours left till the first reviews hit btw. woohoo :)

SRTtoZ

I'm still upset that the Xbox One Tour didn't come anywhere near Detroit, MI. Then again, it was kind of to be expected . . . they were probably afraid to be shot / robbed. Ha.

As soon as I started reading your post I had jokes flying through my head but then you did it for me :D

This is pretty much going to be all Xbox all week. Tons of stuff every day culminating in me getting an Xbox One on Friday and playing the shit out of it all weekend. Then next week is Thanksgiving and I'm going to stuff my fucking fat face with turkey and pie and play more Xbox One. Life is pretty sweet right now.

Haha, I like the way you think Mr Whitta.

Also, get your ass back on the tested podcast... It's not the same without you.

Satchel

Banned
Yeah I'm getting all fucking anxious and giddy now.

It's been sooooooooo long since my last console launch. Wii back in November 06. Fuck.

When you buy a digital xbox one game is it linked to your account or your console? Like what if I buy it at launch and buy crimson dragon and end up returning the system and getting an x1 down the road would I be able to redownload at that time?

Reason I ask is I think at one point digital 360 games were linked to the system which is why you had to do that annoying license/system transfer

addyb

Review day today my fellow gaffers.
I stupidly cancelled my game pre order a few weeks ago and only just pre ordered again last week so my delivery is apparently before Xmas :(

Going mostly digital so looking like:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Battlefield 4
Powerstar golf
Killer Instinct (freebie)

Pity I have to possibly wait another 5 weeks but Mario 3D and 3DS Zelda will ease the pain somewhat. I'm also playing BF4 on the 360 as well.

I cannot wait though!!!

Top Bottom