• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Dai101

Banned
is1CFsBu10jMG.gif

DAT NEXT GEN PHYSICS

Defect

I wonder if Twitch on XB1 lets you watch everything on Twitch, or if it's like on PS4 where it's only PS4 streamers.
The 360 Twitch app let's you watch other games but only if the streams have a good amount of viewers.

I hope the One app let's you search for anyone.

Miles X

The general hate for RYSE is just amazing, it makes me want this game to get a 90 on metacritic just so people would shutup.

Poor Ryse. It went from a no at E3 to a maybe recently to a "why the heck not"

I'll be getting it in December tho so at least I have time to see good feedback (or not).

FordGTGuy

Banned
Hopefully really good. Love that game. Devs need to iron out the jank though for the next go around.

Phil Harrison interview on Major Nelson's podcast made it sound like they have a great relationship with the studio which also happens to be in Washington and not too far away from Microsoft HQ.

Miles X

Yea but what about lococycle? Flower for ps4,etc

I'm also wondering how MS are gonna pad out 'XBLA' (yeah I know it doesn't exist) but those sorts of games do and it was expected all last gen at least one came out every wednesday.

If they had any sense they would get one of their own teams to port over all the classics.

Castle Crashers, Limbo, Battleblock Theater, Braid, State of Decay, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex ect.

Phil Harrison interview on Major Nelson's podcast made it sound like they have a great relationship with the studio which also happens to be in Washington and not too far away from Microsoft HQ.

My prediction is they'll be bought.

Derrick01

Banned
The general hate for RYSE is just amazing, it makes me want this game to get a 90 on metacritic just so people would shutup.

You'll see an even bigger revolt against the gaming media if that happens. It'll likely be justified too, they've had a really embarrassing year.

FordGTGuy

Banned
My prediction is they'll be bought.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Microsoft is not a huge proponent in buying studios like that, they would rather keep a great 3rd party relationship.

Although Phil said he has the greenlight and budget to basically buy any studio he thinks would be worth it.

You'll see an even bigger revolt against the gaming media if that happens. It'll likely be justified too, they've had a really embarrassing year.

I was being hyperbolic but if it metacritics higher than KZ heads will spin.

Derrick01

Banned
What if it is that good, no one really knows yet. Opinions are opinions after all.

Extremely unlikely. I wouldn't take the gaming media's word for it one way or the other though. Like I said they've had an awful year and most people should know by now the media does not know how to properly judge a game.

Oozer3993

Do you think we could see some footage from the halo tv series at launch?

I don't think they've started filming yet, so I highly doubt it. I do think we'll hear something about Halo for Xbox One at launch. It's supposed to come out in less than a year and I don't think Microsoft is going to let launch go by without reminding everyone that their biggest bullet is still in the chamber.

Extremely unlikely. I wouldn't take the gaming media's word for it one way or the other though. Like I said they've had an awful year and most people should know by now the media does not know how to properly judge a game.

yeah I hardly ever trust the gaming media. Not after Fallout NV and Alpha Protocol, etc.
Honestly I just read the impression from some of the gaf poster here that I trust and my friends of course.

I don't think they've started filming yet, so I highly doubt it. I do think we'll hear something about Halo for Xbox One at launch. It's supposed to come out in less than a year and I don't think Microsoft is going to let launch go by without reminding everyone that their biggest bullet is still in the chamber.

A new teaser/trailer?

Miles X

I can't believe I'm saying this but Microsoft is not a huge proponent in buying studios like that, they would rather keep a great 3rd party relationship.

Although Phil said he has the greenlight and budget to basically buy any studio he thinks would be worth it.

I was being hyperbolic but if it metacritics higher than KZ heads will spin.

Oh yeah, I know MS's protocol on buying studios, only if it makes perfect sense. But as you said, they're very close and a great relationship. Look at twisted pixel, I think it'll be a similar deal.

Top Bottom