• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Notice how his shield lights up as the flames get closer. I really hope this game is good.

It's the little things but that gif just got me excited again for Ryse.
I have been SO up and down with this game. Played the co-op mode with a friend at a preview and really enjoyed the co-op executions and wave after wave of enemies.
I reckon I will fold and grab this on launch or following week when I pick up Lego Marvel.

It's the little things but that gif just got me excited again for Ryse.
I have been SO up and down with this game. Played the co-op mode with a friend at a preview and really enjoyed the co-op executions and wave after wave of enemies.
I reckon I will fold and grab this on launch or following week when I pick up Lego Marvel.

How does the combat feel in Ryse? It seems better in the more recent builds.

Dude, idk how to photoshop gifs but this one has potential:

iJZFmsJReHgFe.gif

If anyone wants to try, maybe shop an xbox one taking the place of the kid.

pretty sure it's printed on the controller not a sticker, and the dpad is chrome. :). but yeah nothing special.

Didn't know the D-pad is chrome, nice! But doesn't the Day One Console come with a sticker of the Xbox Logo? That's the sticker I was referring too.

I think I might just try and keep the Day One controller in mint perfect condition, and just use the spare controller I just bought as the main one. I know it's silly, and the Day One controllers are valueless... but it's just such a neat thing to have for me. I want to keep it working and flawless for when the Next Xbox comes out. :p

REV 09

Those Ryse gifs are insane. I have tempered expectations for the game, but it looks fantastic visually. I hope it averages at least 70%.

How does the combat feel in Ryse? It seems better in the more recent builds.

Yeah I thought it was solid enough, surprised me after all I had been hearing, you actually do have to shield up and counter people as they get more aggressive.
It's not just X, X, X ,X finisher. Different enemies are thrown at you alongside traps in the arena, only had 5 mins on it though but it was a satisfying 5 mins of play.
It did look amazing but seeing the new stuff though is just eye popping.

Hawk269

So if I didn't preorder what is my best shot at getting one Friday? Amazon was selling ps4s at midnight on its release so it will probably do the same for Xbox one? Or try to get to a best buy early Thursday night? I need this :(

If you want a Day One Edition Good luck. Standard Editions however will be available EVERYWHERE on launch day. No difference other than a sticker, a special controller that says "Day 1 2013", special black box and some codes for some achievements.

Lee

I am hoping target is getting plenty of those versions since I'm getting my games there (dat 30% off coupon).

I know some people look down on this, but I went last night and used that 30% off coupon stacked with the buy 2 get 1 and picked up 3 ps4 games at Target, then drove down the block to Walmart and returned them for a giftcard. Call me immoral or scum or whatever, but I just turned $85 into $193, and I don't feel bad. A: it's Walmart, and B: fuck PS4 getting deals and discounts left and right with nothing of the sort for X1.

I plan on using the credit for Xbox points to buy games digitally, hopefully when the price drops on those (Black Friday?).

Those Ryse gifs are insane. I have tempered expectations for the game, but it looks fantastic visually. I hope it averages at least 70%.

The visuals are super, genuine next gen stuff however my concern is this game will be monotonous in the gameplay department. I was watching a stream a week ago and I saw the same fighting moves over and over again. I was getting bored watching it to be honest.

It's a game I feel may get a mixed reception from the media. Don't get me wrong I hope it does well but I can't rid myself of the pessimistic feeling also.

If you want a Day One Edition Good luck. Standard Editions however will be available EVERYWHERE on launch day. No difference other than a sticker, a special controller that says "Day 1 2013", special black box and some codes for some achievements.
It's kind of amazing how little they give you in this "special" edition. And amazing that I still give a shit about having pre-ordered it. We are such suckers.

Pachimari

That video of Ryse linked in this thread looks so cool. Yet I'm watching a Rev3 Dead Rising 3 gameplay demonstration and that actually looks kind of fun too.

Oh man, Ryse: Son of Rome or Dead Rising 3...

dejay

Banned
I'm actually thinking of mothballing my day one controller. Pretty dumb. What I'll probably do is use it as my secondary controller so it doesn't get too covered in Doritos and Mt Dew.

REV 09

Me too...ain't gonna happen though.
70 isn't exactly high though. I think it has a decent shot at hitting that. The tech alone is worth some praise. There's definitely some quality work being delivered...just not a fully realized package. I hope it gets a sequel.

FordGTGuy

Banned
http://n4g.com/news/1395610/hands-on-with-
xbox-one-launch-titles-game-smack-ireland

Hands on impressions of launch titles

Dead Rising 3: "It looked really really nice and ran really well."

Same impression on Dead Rising 3 that Giantbomb said, that it ran really well. Hmm.

I'm getting DR3 regardless, but I really hope the DF breakdown wasn't the final version.

It's not, they said they will revisit it, I think this all but confirms that DF used a old build(probably Gamescom build which was known for frame issues.).

Razdek

Banned
The visuals are super, genuine next gen stuff however my concern is this game will be monotonous in the gameplay department. I was watching a stream a week ago and I saw the same fighting moves over and over again. I was getting bored watching it to be honest.

It's a game I feel may get a mixed reception from the media. Don't get me wrong I hope it does well but I can't rid myself of the pessimistic feeling also.

How is that different than any other hack and slash game? When I play God of War I do the same moves over and over again same with DMC so it's kinda part of the genre.

MechDX

How is that different than any other hack and slash game? When I play God of War I do the same moves over and over again same with DMC so it's kinda part of the genre.

For me it lacked variety in the build up to executions. I'm only going by the stream I watched which wasn't the whole game obviously. I need to try it myself.

Dead Rising 3: "It looked really really nice and ran really well."

It's not, they said they will revisit it, I think this all but confirms that DF used a old build(probably Gamescom build which was known for frame issues.).

We knew from the start that it wasn't the final retail version, hell, the game went gold like day before Digital Foundry tested it. I was really confused as to why so many users were attacking Dead Rising 3 for not running perfectly in a build that is months old. :/ I still see people bringing up the 10 frames and I'm just confused, it wasn't the final version, no reason to give it so much weight.

Kacho

70 isn't exactly high though. I think it has a decent shot at hitting that. The tech alone is worth some praise. There's definitely some quality work being delivered...just not a fully realized package. I hope it gets a sequel.

I think the crummy gameplay is going to bring it down a lot. A modern day Lair, if you will. I mean, maybe not that bad, but it won't be good. I'll say Knack scores higher overall when all is said and done.

We knew from the start that it wasn't the final retail version, hell, the game went gold like day before Digital Foundry tested it. I was really confused as to why so many users were attacking Dead Rising 3 for not running perfectly in a build that is months old. :/ I still see people bringing up the 10 frames and I'm just confused, it wasn't the final version, no reason to give it so much weight.

Whoa really? That would be awesome if true,i thought DF did it on the final version.. Pretty messed up to mislead people then because i thought it was the final build. Nice, i really wanted DR to be smooth so there is hope!

Sushigod7

Regarding Killer Instinct...
-Will Gamestop be selling codes for it, or do I have to purchase a "gift card" to redeem on Xbox Live and purchase the game?

-Will the 'Pin Edition' be carried across retail Microsoft Stores or just online?

I'm planning to get either the Ultra or Pin Edition, but the only Microsoft Store around here is 30-40 minutes away, ordering online will mean getting the game next week and I want to play the game day one.... :p

Looking at the KI site looks like Pin will only be Microsoft stores and all other versions are through the store. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/killer-instinct

Justin

So no reviews tomorrow from GiantBomb or Polygon

Arthur Gies ‏@aegies 7m
we will not have reviews up of lococyle, killer instinct, or powerstar golf tomorrow morning. definite impressions before launch though.

GavinGT

Banned
I don't think there should be any question between Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. The former has a ton of variety, co-op, and 20 hours of fun. The latter is a 6-8 hour graphical showcase with questionable gameplay. Just rent Ryse or something.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Whoa really? That would be awesome if true,i thought DF did it on the final version.. Pretty messed up to mislead people then because i thought it was the final build. Nice, i really wanted DR to be smooth so there is hope!

The second I saw that DF article I knew they messed up, they shouldn't be doing any performance analysis on unfinished games.

So no reviews tomorrow from GiantBomb or Polygon

Doesn't say no Dead Rising 3 reviews.

RoKKeR

Thoughts on whether or not Amazon will do a digital marketplace for Xbox One games similar to what they are doing with the Playstation Network?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

DMC, especially 3 and 4, offer a lot more player agency though. If you use the same attacks, that's fine (I play Ninja Gaiden Black like that) but it is of your own choice because there's plenty of craziness to be had in DMC. I guess comparing Ryse to DMC will probably end up be akin to comparing a propeller plane to a fighter jet. They can both fly but one does a lot more stuff and is way more stylish.

jbug617

Banned
Polygon won't have some reviews up tomorrow for KI, Powerstar Golf and Lococycle. Aegies said it's mostly due to time restraints.

@aegies: we will not have reviews up of lococyle, killer instinct, or powerstar golf tomorrow morning. definite impressions before launch though.

‏@aegies: there are various reasons why we won't get everything done, but it's primarily due to time. lots of games, not enough time.

Top Bottom