• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Skele7on

Banned
PS4 version is around 60GB...Why ?

It's not blizzard messed up the size of the download displayed.

Diablo 3 on the xbox one marketplace is £59.99

U WOT M8

Yip I went to the US store pretty fast after seeing the price. Also guys if you have a buddy, do the home console swap.

That way two games for the price of one and you can play at the same time....

You will thank me in the Christmas months.

MauroNL

The second DLC pack for Trials Fusion is also up on the Marketplace. Have the season pass but it was still locked for me in the game. Downloaded it through the Marketplace since it showed up as free for me. 2 new Medium tracks, 2 Hard tracks and 1 Extreme. Also a new FMX track and skill game. $4.99 otherwise or free with Season Pass

pacman85

Also guys if you have a buddy, do the home console swap.

That way two games for the price of one and you can play at the same time....

You will thank me in the Christmas months.
I am really curious to see how this will work with the digital pre-loading and pre-ordering they are now implementing/rolling out. My buddy and I have this setup and we are gonna split the cost of Halo:MCC. If they have pre-loading on it, if one of us buys it will we BOTH be able to pre-load it?

eastx

I am really curious to see how this will work with the digital pre-loading and pre-ordering they are now implementing/rolling out. My buddy and I have this setup and we are gonna split the cost of Halo:MCC. If they have pre-loading on it, if one of us buys it will we BOTH be able to pre-load it?

Is this really the right place to talk about that?

We posted a video review of the Riders of the Rustlands DLC for Trials.

We are going to be reviewing the Empire in the Sky DLC now, which came out today for those who don't know (part of the season pass, $5 without)!

Chitown B

I would imagine that setup would be a big pain in the ass unless all you really play is Halo.

Skele7on

Banned

Word up, so today my buddy bought D3 UEE, I came home and it was already installed on my Xbox and ready to play, not sure about preloads because it's not out yet. But it looks like it should actually just put a copy straight onto both xbox ones.

Also this is a thread about xbox downloads so why not?

Netprints

We posted a video review of the Riders of the Rustlands DLC for Trials.

We are going to be reviewing the Empire in the Sky DLC now, which came out today for those who don't know (part of the season pass, $5 without)!

Bought the season pass for it. Didn't expect it to be out this week.
One thing I wish smart glass will let me do is queue up dlc that I get with my season pass. As of right now I cannot.

Guerrilla

I would imagine that setup would be a big pain in the ass unless all you really play is Halo.

? why?

You just put your friends console as your home console and vice versa, and both of you can play all the digital games the other one buys. Not that much of a pain in the ass

Chitown B

? why?

You just put your friends console as your home console and vice versa, and both of you can play all the digital games the other one buys. Not that much of a pain in the ass

If anyone else wants to play on your box, they can't use Gold or play any of your games until you switch back. Also, if you only have one friend you want to do this with, then great - but if you have more than one it's a bunch of logistics swapping.

Guerrilla

If anyone else wants to play on your box, they can't use Gold or play any of your games until you switch back. Also, if you only have one friend you want to do this with, then great - but if you have more than one it's a bunch of logistics swapping.

Well yeah it only works if you only use your box with your gamertag and only comfortably with one of your friends, but if those presets are given, it works like a charm

Chitown B

Well yeah it only works if you only use your box with your gamertag and only comfortably with one of your friends, but if those presets are given, it works like a charm

it's basically the sharing they had originally planned - but in that case it wouldn't have moved your home console but just sent a temp home console key to them.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys, on PS4 the notifications feed shows me if the system downloaded/applied a game update while it was on/standby, is there a way to see the same on Xbox one? Couldn't find anything of the sorts on my activity feed, and clicking on Game Details only tells me how big the game install is but nothing about its updates.

It's really, really important to me and I'd super appreciate an answer

Perhaps this isn't the right thread but this is really the best one I could think of to post this in.

Has LXP always had a website or is this very recent?

http://www.lxpstudio.com/

I don't ever remembering seeing it before when the name came up in the past.

Also if you scroll all the way down it lists some of the other studios we've heard about like Good Science and Platform Next and others that I've not heard of like State of the Art, Function Studios and NP (no idea what this stands for).

Just curious if this is something that's been around and already known or if it's something new.

Kampfheld

Banned
Perhaps this isn't the right thread but this is really the best one I could think of to post this in.

Also if you scroll all the way down it lists some of the other studios we've heard about like Good Science and Platform Next and others that I've not heard of like State of the Art, Function Studios and NP (no idea what this stands for).

Just curious if this is something that's been around and already known or if it's something new.
Now this is interesting. Very interesting.

Job offers hinting at "Big New IP".

I haven't seen that website yet, it definitely deserves its own thread, considering all the unheard of studios at the bottom.

Coud they be working on Fortaleza games?

Guys, on PS4 the notifications feed shows me if the system downloaded/applied a game update while it was on/standby, is there a way to see the same on Xbox one? Couldn't find anything of the sorts on my activity feed, and clicking on Game Details only tells me how big the game install is but nothing about its updates.

It's really, really important to me and I'd super appreciate an answer

Go to My Games and Apps. A white corner with the star indicates a game that has been updated since you last launched it. There's no place to see patch notes or update info that I'm aware of.
update-april-xbox-one.jpg

Kampfheld

Banned
Man, I just noticed that they are hiring on so many positions. Seems like Phil received more resources to grow in 1st party.

"We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Currently we are looking for Developers, Artists, & Designers. Click a link below to see openings for all of our sister studios."

Then it shows:
- SOTA(State of the Art)
- [FUN]ction Studios
- NP
- Platform Next

It also mentions Good Science, but they are an announced studio. The other 3, I have never heard of. I guess these are the unannounced studios Phil Spencer mentioned before.

From reddit.

Man, I just noticed that they are hiring on so many positions. Seems like Phil received more resources to grow in 1st party.

"We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Currently we are looking for Developers, Artists, & Designers. Click a link below to see openings for all of our sister studios."

Then it shows:
- SOTA(State of the Art)
- [FUN]ction Studios
- NP
- Platform Next

It also mentions Good Science, but they are an announced studio. The other 3, I have never heard of. I guess these are the unannounced studios Phil Spencer mentioned before.

From reddit.

Do you have a link?

Also, where is LXP? Hmm

Interesting. If ms are going to be so public about these studios (whatever it is they're doing) they should just announce them and give us an idea of what we can expect from them.

I suspect that they're trying to be more careful about their marketing (with admittedly mixed results). Between ntkrnl leaking the entirety of their E3 presentation and the boondoggles with Adam Orth and Don Mattrick, it's probably something they're thinking about a lot more these days.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Go to My Games and Apps. A white corner with the star indicates a game that has been updated since you last launched it. There's no place to see patch notes or update info that I'm aware of.

Thanks! But what if I have never launched the game prior, will it show the star all the same?

That studio video, LOL.

Some game called fibbage is out now.

Game is made by Jackbox Games, developers of You don't know Jack.

I'm absolutely convinced now that id@xbox and the developers don't want to sell any copies of their games.

Seriously how many more times will games just appear on the day or within a few days notice?

Ape

Banned

I'm absolutely convinced now that id@xbox and the developers don't want to sell any copies of their games.

Seriously how many more times will games just appear on the day or within a few days notice?

Do the devs know the exact day the game hits the marketplace in every instance?

Thanks! But what if I have never launched the game prior, will it show the star all the same?

I would think so, but I don't actually know firsthand. Also, I've heard games only autoupdate if you own them digitally. Disc versions wait for you to put the disc in and run it to update. (I don't own any game discs so don't know for sure that this is how it works.)

zebwinz

I get what you're saying but i'm guessing Fibbage is going to be a word of mouth (literally, not on social media) type of game. Seems like the perfect game for a night of drinking with friends, who in turn will buy it at their house to continue the shenanigans another night.

Indie Studios used to get at least a couple of days of exposure on the 360 where everyone knew new games released on Wednesdays. I think they just need to adjust their marketing strategies. When your game is in cert, let the public know that it's almost ready. If you don't know the exact launch date, hold back a launch trailer and put it up as soon as the game goes up.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but Madden is up on the store and supposedly available for pre-purchase. I'm currently getting an error when trying to purchase it though.
XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 29/08/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM BST ON THE RELEASE DATE. Once purchase is complete, download this game by selecting the “Manage” button on the product details page on your console.

Edit:

I was able to purchase it using the Smart Glass Beta, I even got the EA Access discount.

Top Bottom