• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Your Game Crap? This Fan Will Fix It for You (Wired article on NeoGAF's Durante)

NSider

durante-660x440.jpg

Ask Durante to fix if old:
When Rising Star Games released Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut for the PC last month, the port of the Twin Peaks-esque cult favorite horror game had some serious issues. Chief among them was the fact that the game’s resolution was, highly atypically for a PC game, locked to 720p.

The outcry was immediate and vocal.

“Face palm through my skull,” said one poster on the NeoGAF message board. “Damnit,” said another.

But in spite of their outrage, many users expressed hope for a savior to come to their aid. “You on it, Durante?” asked one user. Like a Batsignal, the call was out.

The answer came less than an hour later. “I should be able to fix this.”
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/11/deadly-premonition-pc-durante/

I don't know what he does for a living, but he deserves lots and lots of money. And respect. Because DS is playable and we have him to thank for it.

That's awesome.

If he doesn't already have a job that he's happy with I really hope one comes up for him after this. The guy really knows his stuff.

Jay Sosa

Good for Durante. I hope he manages to get a great job from this.

doesn't he already have a good job?

Plus he's working in the most beautiful country in the world, I doubt it can get much better than that.

Didn't expect him to be so good looking tbh.

And lol at that article:

“Face palm through my skull,” said one poster on the NeoGAF message board. “Damnit,” said another.

But in spite of their outrage, many users expressed hope for a savior to come to their aid. “You on it, Durante?” asked one user. Like a Batsignal, the call was out.

What the fuck is up with these headlines?
Durante wouldn't be fixing those games if they were crap. God damn it.
I guess it tells a lay reader what the article will be about but really "Is your port crap" makes the same point (but the most lay of readers may not understand it is about gaming).

Then again hyperbole article titles generate hits etc...

Zukuu

Banned
“My primary motivation,” Thoman said, “is because I don’t like playing games at low resolution.”

Hahaha. So Durante won't get a Xbox :p

Good job Durante. Is that 1080p you're drinking? :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dat Durante. Awesome dude

however this should not encourage the Japanese developers of releasing more bad PC ports and hoping for some free fix.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
[In Europe] for breakfast we'll do something cool like have a cigarette and like a bar of chocolate, then we go to work for one half hour two half hour and then we'll go for lunch and lunch is usually something cool like a cigarette and two three bottle of red wine and then a bowl of heavy cream and then for dinner we'll have something healthy like four five sausages and a chocolate cigarette and then we'll invite our cigarette outside to take an espresso and watch the street life. And we can eat as much as we want and never get heavy because of olive oil.

Top Bottom