• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

ibkoowLbsgUD6X.png
and
ibpqA2qOoduE5q.png

iuaIDXNP6eHMs.jpg

iv8VSr6rxIXrT.png

There are no community votes for this sale.

ibcg36PcljEs0f.png

There are no publisher packs for this sale.

iXxpDKVv70cld.png

There are no indie packs for this sale, you can find all the indie games here.

i2Hrcd9wQnwyG.png

There is no special event for this sale.

ibrZrFcPa3JFqe.png

Golden Rule::

Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.
Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.

NOBODY knows exactly what will go on sale, stop asking! and just wait for it to become a deal or not.

How do I use Modbot?! - Read this tutorial or watch this JIF.

Any extensions to use while using Steam site in a browser? - Enhanced Steam

Use Steamprices to check prices in different regions, in most cases Russia and SE Asia have the best deals. Steam trade
is helpful here in getting the games (NOTE DO NOT USE A VPN, steam are very harsh about using proxies to get games
from other countries) if you have someone in another region gifting the game to your account is fine, some gaffers
are up for gifting to other regions (look below) If you want to be added to the list, send a PM.

Steam now allows people to trade games now, it's very secure and faster than the old gifting system, there is also a steam
trading thread. bear note that items lower and rise in value depending if they go on sale or not (some tf2 items are quite
valuable try not to get ripped off! check prices!) & avoid trading a game for a CD key!

Use the wish list function in steam, put all the games you want in the wish list, check your wishlist if the game is on sale.

Use steam wallet, Steam wallet is a quick & easy to add money to your steam account for purchases down the line, it's
instantaneous so you won’t have problems like you do with PayPal & banks. You use multiple sources to fund your steam wallet.

If something goes wrong with your transaction do not send a chargeback on your card, it can lead to getting your steam
account suspended - use the steam support service to tackle any problems you may have.

you now have 24 hours usually after the new daily deals to get the games from the previous daily deal.

Packs allow you to buy several copies of the game, these are great for giving out as gifts or trading or selling, if you do intend
to sell them off please use a secure method of payment and list users who are going into the deal.

The game you may want might be cheaper on another service, use steamgamesales to see the cheapest prices.

iMwdRlFXUQQtk.PNG

You can ask these gaffers to buy you a game from a cheaper region.

Please remember: buyer must cover the Paypal charges and exchange rates means your are paying a different price.
If you want to be added to the list, send me a PM with the region you live in.

North America:

I H8 Memes
gabbo

Europe:

Accent
Wok

Asia:

South America:

ijdbrx42oHkw3.png

ibtF9t6yZ7RN2R.png

RIP SalsaShark.... the lure of the 3DS was too much.
mole_popout1.gif

Feel free to use this:

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reminder: Install Enhanced Steam to help with the sale!

Since the sale is killing the website, you can download it here: Google Firefox Opera

Also, I particularly love the Doctor Who gif on the last thread announcing this one. :)

Turfster

Repasting my text version here:

Daily
  • Left 4 Dead 2 75%
  • Rogue Legacy 66%
  • Walking Dead 75%
  • Terraria 75%
  • Antichamber 75%
  • Skyrim 75%
  • Sleeping Dogs 80%
  • Prison Architect 50%
  • Outlast 66%

Flash
  • Space Hulk 66%
  • Castle Story 33%
  • Hammerwatch 66%
  • Crysis 2 75%

JakeD

forgive me i'm a little rusty from the summer sale and i feel like i should know this already but....the flash sales are never lower priced then the dailies correct?

Do note that for this sale, the "only buy non-Daily/Flash deals on the last day" rule does not apply. The Christmas Sale starts December 19th, a little over two weeks after the end of this sale.

Do not buy any game that is not on Daily or Flash deals in this sale. Wait for the Christmas sale instead.

(Do buy games that are on Daily or Flash sale this time round, however. They won't get lower in the Christmas sale.)

Jag

Going out of town the whole weekend. Going to be my first Steam sale that's totally mobile. I'm scared.

Turfster

Do note that for this sale, the "only buy non-Daily/Flash deals on the last day" does not apply. The Christmas Sale starts December 19th, a little over two weeks after the end of this sale.

Do not buy any game that is not on Daily or Flash deals in this sale. Wait for the Christmas sale instead.

Except that, you know, we know the discounts are the same for both sales... so...

Martal

Neo Member
Has Steam ever done this type of design before? Also, can someone from where it actually is spring confirm if the image is reversed?

Must say, great, great design.

Anyone know why the bottom portion of the main store page is upside down and says "Spring Sale 2013"?

(Insert obligatory Half Life 3 confirmed statement.)

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Waiting for Call of Pripyat to hit 5 bucks. Come on, make daddy an offer he can't refuse.

Except that, you know, we know the discounts are the same for both sales... so...

Sure, buy Daily and Flash deals with impunity. But it's also highly likely that what's going on Daily/Flash deal this week won't be all of the Dailies/Flashes in the Christmas sale. Hence, hold off, wait the additional two weeks.

lexi

Banned
Steam now allows people to trade games now, it's very secure and faster than the old gifting system

Come again? I haven't heard about this and it sounds too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom