• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aytrial

1KISVVQ.png

Latest Vita Firmware: 3.01

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.​

eOUqaNy.png

NA
28 - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z​

EU
24 - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z​

TBA
Dustforce​

8OGUs0b.png

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Trailer)

Join Goku and friends in the first Dragon Ball Z game to ever grace the Vita!

Featuring beautiful cel-shaded graphics and battles with up to 8 players going head to head at a time, Battle of Z is shaping up to be quite a unique and epic multiplayer experience.

Battle of Z currently has a demo available in both EU and NA stores.

MMdyF1K.png

t3avOQE.png

JPN
23 - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
Uta Kumi 575
30 - Amagami (EbKore+)
Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Return  
Rozen Maiden: Wechseln Sie Welt ab​

6ZjUjZX.png

Dba5Oi6.png

Gmfr2Ep.png

TTSah5t.png

MJPpQXg.png

From the Runner 2 OT:

Runner 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed and IGF award winning BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

In the style of the BIT.TRIP series, Runner 2 is a rhythm-music platforming game.

Players will run through fantastic environments, using brand new moves, to brand new soundtracks as they run, jump, slide, kick, and soar toward the goal of tracking down the Timbletot and thwarting his evil plans to destroy not only our world, but every world there is.

Sound like your type of game? Well how about spending some of that leftover Christmas cash and picking up Runner 2 today!​

HyyjQgd.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time.

To switch accounts you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore).
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple).

More detailed steps located here courtesy of The Grim Heaper.

Is the Vita region free like the PSP? Can I import games without fear?
Yes it is and yes you can!

Please bear in mind that even if DLC is not region free. The only way to access the DLC of your imported games is to switch to an account with a matching region using the steps provided above.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
- 1GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
- Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
- The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

Yf2EPVT.png

_____

Have suggestions on what you'd like to see added to future threads? PM me!

Edgeward

Surprise game of the month. Looking forward to picking it up though down the road once i clear the backlog.

Happy new year, vitabros.

Yuuichi

Right at midnight PST. Damn, colour me impressed.

Regardless, looking forward to possible checking out 575 this month, but I think I'm going to wait for some reviews on it.

HooYaH

Right at midnight PST. Damn, colour me impressed.

Regardless, looking forward to possible checking out 575 this month, but I think I'm going to wait for some reviews on it.

It's still the 31 in the west coast. Sure is a slow month in Jan for games.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the new thread, Aytrial. Happy New Year to everyone again!

Bit Trip Runner 2 is a surprisingly fun game, very well made too, good pick.

Looks like this year it will be mostly indies for me:

DBZ BoZ - Jan 2014 - looking forward to it this month, had a lot of fun with the demo, didn't really expect to but it's surprisingly good!
Toukiden - Feb 2014
FFX/X-2 - March 2014
Ys Celceta
Football Manager
God of War 1+2
Freedom Wars
Borderlands 2
Gravity rush 2 -?
Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus ?
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
That puoyo tetris game
Luftrausers - Early 2014
TxK
Don't Starve
Minecraft
Hotline Miami 2
Fez
Risk of Rain - MIGHT be coming, looks great
Pixel Junk Shooters - MIGHT be coming

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - did they forget to release it in EU or something
Dustforce - Jan 2014
olliolli
Starbound
Binding of Isaac
Rogue Legacy
Samurai Gunn
Velocity 2X
Energy hook
Wasteland kings
vtrax
shoot many robots
Joe Danger
Gravity Crash Ultra
Snapshot

Thankfully they're pretty damn good these days. Especially when played in your hands for that magical vita reason. Maybe I won't need to buy another memory card this year...

Hopefully most of them make it this year too. I may be missing some essential Japanese games, which I'll try and be more open to after how awesome P4G has started out.

If Borderlands 2 is rubbish, end it now.

Also, I started to keep a better tab on the games I've picked up recently, since late/mid november:

Proteus
Spelunky
Tearaway - £20
Flower
Castlestorm DLC
Stick it to the Man
FlOw
Rayman Legends
Castlevania SotN - 8
Alundra - 4
Vagrant Story - 4.50
Terraria - 12
BitTrip Runner 2 - 5.50
Persona 4 Golden 15
Assassins Creed - 12.50
Muramasa Rebirth
Eufloria HD

Thankfully EU sales were pretty good. Played quite a few of them a decent amount already, which I'm pretty proud of. Feeding that backlog too, nice and plump is best - variety is the spice of life and that.

Finally got Soul Sacrifice and BlazBlue with EU PS+ too. My Vita will probably be ultra yellow by the end of this year after all the hours I put into it!

The NA PS+ selection doesn't seem...too bad. Although in comparison...yeah :p Looking forward to hearing more impressions of both though, worried about smart as load times...and general impressions of the worms game I've read. But I'm still hopeful...a good worms game wouldn't be too bad. Especially since you can pass it around.

Daigoro

ive put an insane amount of hours in with my Vita in the last several weeks. this thing is damn cool.

been thinking about picking up Bit.trip 2. ill probably do that soon.

also probably going to pull the plug on Dragons Crown. was hoping for a sale, but im not sure if im going to be able to hold off.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
ive put an insane amount of hours in with my Vita in the last several weeks. this thing is damn cool.

been thinking about picking up Bit.trip 2. ill probably do that soon.

also probably going to pull the plug on Dragons Crown. was hoping for a sale, but im not sure if im going to be able to hold off.

Runner 2 is really good I'd you like platformers and rhythm games. I woke up this morning, started the last world, and didn't look up until I finished the game. Good stuff.

So far this looks like a good month to catch up on our Vita backlog. After finishing Tearaway today I'll dig into Terraria, Persona 4, Runner 2, and maybe, finally, finish Limbo.
Hopefully January is the month we finally hear about Vita TV in NA. Maybe. Hopefully.

Tapejara

I'm having so much trouble finding this thread whenever I refresh GAF. I keep expecting to see a Tearawar character in the title.

jonno394

I finished runner 2 yesterday with a perfect+ on hard in all levels. Can't be doing with getting triple perfect+ atm think I'm going to move on to final fantasy IX as my first game of 2014!

Wynnebeck

Banned
I can't believe the Vita has been out for 2 years already....

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say"

Happy New Year's Vitabros! I gotta finish Tearaway this week. I still got:

- Soul Sacrifice
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Stranger's Wrath
- Atelier Totori
- Spelunky
- Hotline Miami
- Gods Eater Burst

to finish up. @_@ Eff my life.

Tizoc

:lol What is this gif even from? I love it

It's from one of the DBZ Tenkaichi games IIRC, the intro of it.

Happy new year VitaGAF and the thread title is awesome.

I'll be doing the OT for Toukiden and for now I'd appreciate some impressions from those that played the game to help in making my OT.
AgjUeOF.png

Flandy

Happy New Year's Vitabros! I gotta finish Tearaway this week. I still got:

- Soul Sacrifice
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Stranger's Wrath
- Atelier Totori
- Spelunky
- Hotline Miami
- Gods Eater Burst

to finish up. @_@ Eff my life.

I feel like I could peel your new avatar off my screen.
I can't

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - did they forget to release it in EU or something

Renegade Kid hates releasing their games outside of America because they still can't figure out the different classification systems for PAL regions even after all these years. It'll probably be a while. Or never. :(

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaat, didn't know D4R came out this month. Been holding off on the PS3 version for this.

anyone know if December's offerings of PS+ is still available or did they already switch to January?
Usually games stay for 1-3 months. The only games leaving the rotation in January are Contrast and Grid 2 and they won't leave until next Tuesday.

-Digits-

New thread, new year! Happy new year fellow Vitamuffins! I'm looking forward to DBZ, Oddworld New 'n Tasty and Dustforce this year.

ramyeon

Glad to finally be a part of the Vita community. Bought a used one a week or two ago since I was hesitant and I'm loving it. Have a 64GB card on the way and am gonna go and buy a new Vita tomorrow and resell the used one I got, I'm sold on it.

Loving going through Persona 4 again since it's been so long, looks and plays so much better too.

Also just played a lot of the demo for Soul Sacrifice and I love it. Feels a bit like Monster Hunter (Which is a good thing) but totally different at the same time. The story and lore seems really rich too, it'll be my next purchase once I get my new memory card.

I've been thinking of picking up another PS Plus card, but man, I don't have any interest in either of those US Vita games.

Tapejara

As far as Vita games, this is not a good year.

How so? There are plenty of Japanese games being released stateside. We don't know if Sony WWS is working on anything aside from Murasaki Baby, Bigfest and whatever else they announced at gamescom, but other than that it seems like a great year for JRPGs and indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom