• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is that Duke Nukem 3d Megaton Edition for PS3/Vita?

So I tweeted this to Abstraction Games earlier:

@AbstractionGame Been a while since I heard anything about Duke Nukem 3D Vita... is it still happening?!

And they replied with:

@Triggerhappytel yes it is and it will be released and duly announced!

Sounds to me like it's probably in QA with Sony and they'll be able to announce a release date soon. Just speculating, of course.

Seriously doubt it. I can't think of an instance where Devolver has published a physical game, except the PS4/Xbone version of Shadow Warrior.

Plus - y'know - it is on the Vita.

Zareka

I keep forgetting about this game. Gonna snap it up on Vita when I get the money because I can't work my iOS version to save myself.

biteren

So I tweeted this to Abstraction Games earlier:

And they replied with:

Sounds to me like it's probably in QA with Sony and they'll be able to announce a release date soon. Just speculating, of course.

omg, finally, maybe i will have in time for new Hobbit film, need somthing awesome to play while i wait

Horrible bump, dude! I thought there might be some kind of update. This waiting is pretty tedious though - what could the myriad issues with this game possibly be to hold it in certification for months on end?!

Yeah; I'm bored of waiting too. I'm really interested in playing DN3D again as I've found a lot of recent hyped FPSs to be very flat, and I know it will be such an amazing fit on the Vita.

biteren

to repay those that ive wronged with my really bad bump

ed78a271ee21f8a40c24f5b9d58716e7.png

Hmmm. Let's say this passes certification by the end of the month. What are the chances that we get to see this downloadable on vita's psn by Christmas Break?

Hmmm. Let's say this passes certification by the end of the month. What are the chances that we get to see this downloadable on vita's psn by Christmas Break?
Once certification is done the only thing they have to wait for is the next store update (Tuesdays in NA, Wednesdays in EU). Only reason to hold it back is if they want to do some kind of PR campaign leading up to release.

Klart

So we Europeans have to wait for the Americans? :(
How about releasing it here first, it's not like that is unusual if it is the other way around...

I guess that's just the Sony way.

Our Plus update didn't come on the first Wednesday of October (though that's wht their conditions state), because the US wouldn't have theirs the same week.

Sony needs to realise where their best market is.

SteveWD40

All of it.
Blood, quake, Hexen, Morrowind, dagger fall, turok, give them all to me

I often look longingly at my Vita and think how amazing it would be to have PC ports on there from the mid 2000's. What you mentioned, HL2, Doom Complete, Deus Ex (1st one), Diablo2 (or a port of 3)...

If it can run BL2 albeit not that well it could breeze most of those.

Top Bottom