• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside (Creators of Limbo) Announced

Redhood

game looks super creepy! I think this is gonna have seamless online like journey with other kids trying to escape!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Interesting that this was shown separate from the ID@XBOX stuff... so I'm guessing Microsoft is funding/publishing this separately from ID@XBOX, then?

mclem

The game in the conference that, most of all, made me sit up and take notice. More of this, people!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Interesting that this was shown separate from the ID@XBOX stuff... so I'm guessing Microsoft is funding/publishing this separately from ID@XBOX, then?

I don't think so, just appearing first on XBO.

edit: Yup.

xJfJcvJ.png

So far, it looks like Limbo Without Silhouettes; plays the same, but looks different.

Still interested.

Ori looked similar to Limbo as well, but I found it much more enthralling than what was shown of Inside.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'll be blunt...I hated Limbo when it first released. But that doesn't mean that I won't try this. I just hope it doesn't have the problems I had with that game (the trial and error gameplay, for one).

Lijik

Hopefully its a lot more cohesive than Limbo was. That game kind of lost itself when it became gravity puzzles in a barren factory, especially after the intriguing forest chapter it opened with.

I felt Ori had more of an impact/presence , and the mood they tried to make with the music seemed forced and unnatural.

But I was genuinely curious during the trailer about the game.

"SHOW ME!"

Scotch

This was my game of the conference. Frankly, a lot of indie platformers are starting to look alike, and have this generic indie look to them. This artstyle looks like a breath of fresh air.

This looked really good, definitely one of the highlights of the conference.

Without wanting to cause any potential disruption here (but I need to ask) - is this Xbox One exclusive?

Nevermind, I read the rest of the thread.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looked good presentation wise, but it seemed more story than game. Lots of just walking left to right while things happened around the player. How was Limbo in the gameplay department? Do I have the wrong expectation here?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Looks fucking incredible, was totally the surprise of the conference for me.

This + Ori... god-tier animation going on.

Top Bottom