• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII G-Bike Announced For Smartphones (SE/CyberConnect2) [Up: Trailer]

Latest Famitsu leaks to pop up on the internet mentioned that Square Enix is planning to release 'Final Fantasy VII G Bike' for the iOS/Android Smartphone devices in 2014. It plays similarly to the G Bike minigame in FF7 but with added Sliding and jumping. You can choose between several different bikes and customize them with Materia. App is being developed by Square Enix and CyberConnect2.

Sources:

http://gamestalk.net/ff7-gbike/

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7720233.html

There's also mention that further FF7 Gold Saucer mini-games are to also appear on Smartphones in the future. (snowboarding anyone?)

Video of the G Bike minigame for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=looYNiI9Gck

eKfyHSF.jpg

There's a video trailer right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3KKH9zB59Y

Snatched from their blog.

Full FF7 remake imminent?

I'm glad it was you and not Duckroll. It may have been too tempting for him to obfuscate the "G Bike" part.

Nothing too huge, I guess. I recall that the snowboarding minigame from FF7 made its way to mobiles as well.

So sad to see a formerly great developer reduced to making throw-away mobile games. I hope they can resurrect the FF franchise with something fresh this gen.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Good, fund that remake with the minigames.

I've been calling for a Gold Saucer app for a while now. Bring them all, SE! Except that shit basketball game and it's single frame shots. Though, G Bike is probably the best one. Submarine one is too easy, basketball and arm wrestling are boring, rock paper scissors is not winnable, mog house isn't a game.

I guess they could expand to the other "squares" though. Hopefully the app has Gold Saucer theme as the menu music.

dramatis

I like the stealth announcement.

Wonder if it will feature blocky Cloud or more polys Cloud.

Assuming it features Cloud at all. They'll probably replace him with Lightning.

Mik2121

So is it exactly like it was in the original game or has it been reworked at all?

Can´t really say much. Developer NDAs are pretty strict.

I´m working on something else right now so I´m not following the actual schedule for the game.I know it doesn´t help at all, but I don´t wanna get fired, haha! :p

Still waiting for a "Play Dress Up With Lightning" smartphone game.... :<

Edit:

Yes, I have LR sitting on my shelf, but there's a chunk of gameplay that gets in the way of playing dress up.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Still waiting for a "Play Dress Up With Lightning" smartphone game.... :<

Edit:

Yes, I have LR sitting on my shelf, but there's a chunk of gameplay that gets in the way of playing dress up.

Please refrain from mentioning that final fantasy virus in this thread!!!!

z7XjaVV.jpg

duckroll

It is funny how square constant sits on a money maker like triple triad as games like hearthstone are blowing up

Imagine if Square Enix entered the mobile market with adapted minigames like Triple Triad, Tetra Master, Blitzball, Command Board, etc, supporting asynchronous multiplayer with friends, and instead of artificial paywall microtransactions, they have a store filled with cosmetic customizations for player avatars.

Imagine if Square Enix entered the mobile market with adapted minigames like Triple Triad, Tetra Master, Blitzball, Command Board, etc, supporting asynchronous multiplayer with friends, and instead of artificial paywall microtransactions, they have a store filled with cosmetic customizations for player avatars.
Triple Triad and Tetra Master have a nice enough balance between simplicity and strategy, as well as suitable interface that would make them at home on mobile devices. Your asynchronous idea would also fit right in. It makes perfect sense and sounds pretty low-effort on the development side of things. The time feels right, now that Heartstone is making some waves. Shame that it's S-E we're talking about.

Jeels

I actually dont mind if this is their big e3 surprise on the jp side of things. They should really consider trople triad and tetra master.

Top Bottom