• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Han Solo is pretty much the main character of EPISODE VII; Delay Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
(This is only a rumor and changes could be in store take as a grain of salt)

Well, Han is pretty much the main character in Episode 7 with the most screen time. Episode 7 may be delayed till summer 2016 (would release in may like all other star wars flicks).

May contain spoilers:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67758

EDIT: (Sorry wrong forum. Stupid smartphone! Please move or close)

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, but isn't Harrison supposed to be returning?
I don't know if I want to watch a movie about a geriatric bounty hunter...

And now a quick Google tells me that Ford broke his leg and they might use camera trickery to shoot the movie, or re-cast Tom Cruise in his place? What?

What's happening?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Considering Harrison Ford is pretty much intolerable in movies lately due to his sheer disdain of everything around him this is horrible news if true.

Wait, but isn't Harrison supposed to be returning?
I don't know if I want to watch a movie about a geriatric bounty hunter...

And now a quick Google tells me that Ford broke his leg and they might use camera trickery to shoot the movie, or re-cast Tom Cruise in his place? What?

What's happening?

Not for nearly two months. He is coming back though.

There's no way in hell they're putting a 70~ old man as the frontrunner for the revival of a multibillion franchise aimed at children. They can't be that stupid.

I didn't know VII was going to be a video game.
jk but honestly I haven't seen any of these movies

...Do you need an adult, or can you find your own way to the video store

:p

You should get on that when you have some free time though and if they're up your alley of preference. Start with IV-VI, than watch the newer prequel films I-III. You may not like the latter as much if you get into the originals, but interesting things do happen to at least make them worth a single watch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds.. like it directly contradicts Abrams goals with the film and what we know about this being about the next generation.

Blader

That injury escalated pretty quickly from "sprained ankle, he'll be back in a few weeks" to "totally broken leg, he's done for the year."

Sounds.. like it directly contradicts Abrams goals with the film and what we know about this being about the next generation.

fwiw I think it was said that JJ's goal for VII is to pass the torch from the old generation to the new kids, and then put them more front and center in VIII and IX. That was apparently the fundamental split between his vision and Arndt's original script.

A-V-B

Did we ever truly know his goals, considering you don't really know anything about a movie unless they want you to? It's only the biggest IP in the universe, you know there must be some kind of obscenely expensive Mandelbrot public relations system.

Harrison Ford is in his 70s? When the fuck did that happen?

How old was he in the OT? How old was he in Patriot Games?

How old was he in Air force One !?

foxdvd

I know Ford gets a lot of hate for his acting, but I honestly think he is going to nail this roll. His acting has been horrible in all but one movie the last 15 years. That movie was the Crystal Skull. I know the movie sucked, but it had nothing to do with Ford's acting. He captured that charm he use to have for that roll even with the horrible script. I genuinely smiled and cheered a little when he first meet up with Marion and tells her there had been a lot of girls over the years but that they all had one problem...none of them were her. Unfortunately the script was horrible and everyone's acting outside Ford and Allen made me cringe. (special props to the nightmare that was Shia's acting)

The thing is, Ford has not had one good project in a long time. It just feels like he does not want to even try. This movie though, with an exciting director and HUGE budget might just be what he needs to actually give a damn.

Theyll probably film other scenes in the mean time. Just because Ford is in the bulk od the scenes doesnt mean hes in every scene right?

Movies rarely are filmed linearly

jett

D-Member
That would be a real dumb move. Especially considering Harrison Ford looks like he can barely remember the words in a script.

edit: seems this news is borderline confirmed. What a boneheaded decision to make Ford the leading actor of anything these days.

Blader

I kinda feel like JJ and co. wouldn't have gone out of their way to write the script around Han if they believed Ford would just phone it in as usual. It's not like his typical doesn't-give-a-shit demeanor isn't something they wouldn't know about it ahead of time.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
So we have to suffer through that tired Grandpa mutter his lines for two hours?

Considering Harrison Ford is pretty much intolerable in movies lately due to his sheer disdain of everything around him this is horrible news if true.

You two and everyone else complaining about Harrison should go watch Enders Game. He phones in a lot if stuff because he can, but he still puts effort in certain projects.

MisterHero

I hope to God they don't kill him.

This new trilogy will be dead to me if any of the Big 3 die.

Dead, non-canonical, but I'll watch them.

if we "pass the torch" with all the wit and quality of his take on star trek, we're in for a real treat

If you're being sarcastic... Abrams didn't write those scripts.

That would be a real dumb move. Especially considering Harrison Ford looks like he can barely remember the words in a script.

edit: seems this news is borderline confirmed. What a boneheaded decision to make Ford the leading actor of anything these days.

Yeah I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. First of all that main character tidbit likely doesn't mean that Han Solo is going to be the focus. It just sounds like he's going to be in it a lot and interact a lot with the new cast. Star Wars is typically an ensemble film and I don't think this will be any different.

I kinda feel like JJ and co. wouldn't have gone out of their way to write the script around Han if they believed Ford would just phone it in as usual. It's not like his typical doesn't-give-a-shit demeanor isn't something they wouldn't know about it ahead of time.

And this. Yeah, if Ford didn't care enough he would have told them to fuck off and they could have not had him in it much, or at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom