• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Han Solo is pretty much the main character of EPISODE VII; Delay Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Perhaps if it took place soon after VI, but in 30 years I would expect the new Jedi order to be in full swing. Also this way it can get the new plot going right away instead of spending a lot of time on "rebuilding" or whatever. I like the idea of jumping right in and seeing a fully nourished Jedi order after the events of the last film.

Seeing as the Jedi were pretty much an endangered species, I was thinking it would take that long for Luke to find enough people to form a proper academy. Let alone the entire anarchy across the galaxy.

Sure he would have found people with talent and taken them under his wing, but I can't see anything forming immediately after the fall of the empire and society pretty much being in ruins at that point.

Even establishing a new governing authority on a new planet could take 50-100 years.

The thing though is we have to remember force users are rare. I know it doesn't seem like it because of the prequels but they never establish how long it took them to build their numbers. If there are more Jedi they will be low in numbers and one of them will be related to Luke and Leia.

Contradictory rumors, and probably neither are true, but the other word is that Oscar Isaac is being promoted to a larger role to basically take over portions of Ford's screen time and keep production on schedule enough to maintain a 2015 release.

To be honest, I kind of hope its true. I've never really liked the idea of the old originals being major roles in these films.

inm8num2

Luke will die in the same manner that Obi Wan did. You can take that to the bank.

There must be better ways of establishing a new threat/plot and springing people into action than killing off Luke. It would be such a waste of his character.

guys this is a sequel to Return of the Jedi. A fucking sequel to Return of the Jedi, that, 10 years ago, wouldn't have a chance to be made even if hell froze over. A fucking sequel to Return of the Jedi with the fucking cast of Return of the jedi! no Hayden Christensen, no Ewan Mcgregor, no Natalie Portman. Fucking Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.

MisterHero

guys this is a sequel to Return of the Jedi. A fucking sequel to Return of the Jedi, that, 10 years ago, wouldn't have a chance to be made even if hell froze over. A fucking sequel to Return of the Jedi with the fucking cast of Return of the jedi! no Hayden Christensen, no Ewan Mcgregor, no Natalie Portman. Fucking Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.
EXACTLY

Star Wars is these actors. Star Wars is John Williams scoring.

I'm okay with a new leading cast. I just don't want these classics getting fucked with.

Also, [while I'm against it in general] I would be most fine with Luke getting killed during a dogfight in space. That would just be out of nowhere.

Nah, the person that sets out on the adventure with the the person(s) that will be the main character by the end of the trilogy will die. Han is dead shortly after they find Luke.

A-V-B

Please don't say they're not in it.

If we see Vader's ghost, it's Hayden. If we see Obi's ghost, it's Ewan.

MisterHero

Please don't say they're not in it.

If we see Vader's ghost, it's Hayden. If we see Obi's ghost, it's Ewan.
It's Mace Windu.

"Hey Happy Luke, I got my hands back!"

I honestly couldn't see anyone but Han piloting the Millennium Falcon. Maybe Lando could, but Lando without Han would just be sad.

Maybe the Falcon bites it too!

It's Mace Windu.

"Hey Happy Luke, I got my hands back!"

I honestly couldn't see anyone but Han piloting the Millennium Falcon. Maybe Lando could, but Lando without Han would just be sad.

Maybe the Falcon bites it too!

Lando better be in the second movie. They'll need a hideout.

Dude was barely on set a couple months before his old ass got injured. Kill him off.
lol

Don't mind a delay, don't mind Ford being the lead. Can't wait for these films, it's gonna be a fun ride.

As long as they're TCW quality I'm gonna be seeing these multiple times.

I hope that they don't change the movie around too much to accommodate for Ford's injury. I don't like the idea of them compromising the vision they set out to execute, I'd prefer a delay honestly.

Game-Biz

What really happened, because I had nothing better to do...

Disney HQ - Abrams and Disney CEO Bob Iger Meet 1 Month Before Filming

disney-ceo-bob-iger-there-are-no-guarantees-about-keeping-abc.jpg

"Listen, Abrams, you son of a bitch. Enough with the delays, pick up the fuckin' pace or your ass is out. VII is going to make Christmas 2015 and that's that.
Or otherwise I could throw a rock and find a directer willing to do it for half of what we're paying you. Got it, kid!?"

jj-abrams-inside.jpg

"Yeah...Sure. Whatever you say, Bobby."

On The Set A Few Weeks Into Filiming...

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

"Now, remember, it's important it's...it's vital that he isn't killed...or even permanently damaged, I need him to -"

110920-F-HG907-073.jpg

"- I said I got it. But, boss... You sure you want to go through with this?"

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

"No, I'm not sure. But there isn't any other way. Just be ready when I give you the cue."

A week later at Disney HQ

3448854866_0b6cea9c3f.jpg

107430193-businessman-looking-out-conference-room-gettyimages.jpg

JJ-Abrams-010.jpg

"Just got word from the doctors. Ford's out - 2 months. Can't imagine we're gonna make that Christmas deadline now, huh?
It's gonna have to be pushed to May, Bobby... Eh, then again, I'm sure the board will understand, it's not like you were over rushing the
project, making too many unrealistic demands... But you know, Bobby ... When things get rushed, people get hurt. You know what I mean?"

W1HUHL9.jpg

"You fucking cocksucker. Don't think I don't know you had something to do with this. You'll fucking get yours, Abrams. Your psycho bit don't cur me."

JJ-Abrams-turns-down-Star-Wars-Episode-7-director-job-claims-loyalty-to-Star-Trek.jpg

Jesus Christ. Han is one of the only characters I liked in the original trilogy, and now I'm seeing Star Wars fans freak out at the idea of him being the lead of the first movie of the trilogy? I've seen it all.

People are never happy.

Jesus Christ. Han is one of the only characters I liked in the original trilogy, and now I'm seeing Star Wars fans freak out at the idea of him being the lead of the first movie of the trilogy? I've seen it all.

People are never happy.

I honestly don't see the problem with him being the lead for a little bit. As long as he dies in a blaze of glory.

Levito

Banned

People are never happy.

Have you seen Harrison Ford in a movie in the last 12-14 years? He doesn't even remotely try anymore, he sucks the soul out of every shot he's in.

"Listen, Abrams, you son of a bitch. Enough with the delays, pick up the fuckin' pace or your ass is out. VII is going to make Christmas 2015 and that's that.
Or otherwise I could throw a rock and find a directer willing to do it for half of what we're paying you. Got it, kid!?"

jj-abrams-inside.jpg

hahahahaha. bravo.

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

"Now, remember, it's important it's...it's vital that he isn't killed...or even permanently damaged, I need him to -"

110920-F-HG907-073.jpg

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

"No, I'm not sure. But there isn't any other way. Just be ready when I give you the cue."

JJ-Abrams-010.jpg

"Just got word from the doctors. Ford's out - 2 months. Can't imagine we're gonna make that Christmas deadline now, huh?
It's gonna have to be pushed to May, Bobby... Eh, then again, I'm sure the board will understand, it's not like you were over rushing the
project, making too many unrealistic demands... But you know, Bobby ... When things get rushed, people get hurt. You know what I mean?"

W1HUHL9.jpg

"You fucking cocksucker. Don't think I don't know you had something to do with this. You'll fucking get yours, Abrams. Your psycho bit don't cur me."

JJ-Abrams-turns-down-Star-Wars-Episode-7-director-job-claims-loyalty-to-Star-Trek.jpg

hahaha bravo.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Someone saw a cockup in the script and it needs to go in for rewrites because it's major. A frail and broken ford is a cover.

#dontbelievethelies #conspiracy #hydraulicdoorshotfirst

jj-abrams-inside.jpg

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

110920-F-HG907-073.jpg

292px-JJ_Abrams.jpg

JJ-Abrams-010.jpg

W1HUHL9.jpg

Dead.

FTF

Ugh, don't be delayed to May/summer 2016. Plus May '16 is too crowded...even if/when CA3 movies to April, there's still Bats-Supes, Xmen:Apocalypse and Disney has Alice 2 already...though I guess move that pos or things will get shuffled I'm sure in maybe July. July might work.

rakhir

Star Wars has to premiere in May, and god dammit, that will happen no matter how many more legs we'd have to brake.

sphagnum

Banned
I honestly don't see the problem with him being the lead for a little bit. As long as he dies in a blaze of glory.

He's not the main character of Star Wars. Star Wars is about the Skywalker family.

If they need a new main character and have to have Han around a lot, make it his daughter or something since she would be Anakin's granddaughter.

He's not the main character of Star Wars. Star Wars is about the Skywalker family.

If they need a new main character and have to have Han around a lot, make it his daughter or something since she would be Anakin's granddaughter.

The rumor is he sets out with his daughter to find Luke. I'm one of the biggest supporters of the daughter being the new main character here on GAF. Having Han be the one of the leads until he dies only gives her more of an emotional arch in the story.

It sucks about ford but part of me feels like it can't be anything but good if this movie has more time given to it to make things right. Of this movie bombs I'm pretty sure Star Wars will never recover as a franchise. Not after the prequels.

It sucks about ford but part of me feels like it can't be anything but good if this movie has more time given to it to make things right. Of this movie bombs I'm pretty sure Star Wars will never recover as a franchise. Not after the prequels.

There is no way in hell this movie is bombing.

Sean*O

This thread pisses me off. Can't believe people are upset about continuing the story with the original cast after that shit fest prequel trilogy we got with all of those 'fresh faces'

A big reason Star Wars was a success was because of those actors. This is insane, it was a Star Wars fan's dream for years to have the original cast reunite and make another movie, and now it happens and all I see is people bitching about it, calling to drop Han fucking Solo no less.

Ford's cranky old ass is exactly what Han would be so it will be perfect if he just gets up there and plays himself. Damn..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom