• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Xbox One footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proxy

You read that from an article right? To me, I can't see those differences when I'm playing the game, I have 20/20 vision but I am color blind. Now, maybe if I paused the game and studied it, I could see the difference, but why would I even do that.

I like crushed blacks, I don't like washed out colors. I'm the person that felt that BF4 actually looked better on X1 when first looking at the comparison videos, and actually, so did most people on the first 3 pages on neogaf, until the detectives started pointing out how the PS4 looks better.

All I'm saying is, if somebody has to tell me one version is better than the other, then I don't care enough.

So it's entirely worthless to engage in any discussion with you regarding this topic? I'll keep that in mind for the future.

p3tran

Banned
DR3 is really great... it is the only exclusive game I wanted to play in XB1.

But it is not this big exclusive everybody here like to say... neither console have a Gears or Uncharted yet.

All I see are fun but average exclusives limited to a niche user base in both consoles.

well, forza is this big exclusive.
and then we have titanfall.
both games serious and distinctive feature is that they play good enough to absorb as many of your hours as you can throw at them.
I guess this is gears-level, because for me personally uncharted could never ramp up the hours like the other games I mention do/did.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks good enough that non enthusiasts probably wouldn't care for the differences.

I don't know, I'm an enthusiast and I damn sure don't see anything to split hairs over. Games look great on the Xbox One and offer a wonderful leap over what was possible last gen. That is more than enough for many enthusiasts.

Shin-Ra

I don't know, I'm an enthusiast and I damn sure don't see anything to split hairs over. Games look great on the Xbox One and offer a wonderful leap over what was possible last gen. That is more than enough for many enthusiasts.
Are we still judging highly compressed 720p videos or did someone capture high quality media from the Xbone and PS4 betas?

On Demand

Banned
It's so big that we need articles from Digital Foundry telling us the difference.

It's so big that people zoom in on power lines in the distance to rofl at the "jaggies".

It's so big that....wait a second, if I have to actually read an article, and look at cherry picked pictures to tell the difference, it just isn't that big.... at least to me. I do think a lot of it has to do with diminishing returns.

The PS4 is more powerful than the X1, no doubt, but that doesn't translate to huge differences on screen. I mean hell, the Xbox 360 and PS3 still look decently good, even though they are less than 1/4 the power of X1 and PS4.

Please remember this is the beginning of development for both consoles. I think once developers learn how to use the hardware better the extra available power PS4 has will show itself more than it is now. I mean it says alot that there is already differences this early in the console cycle. I want to see what's going to happen to the XB1 version of a game years from now when a developer needs to drop the resolution on PS4 to 720p to push effects. That will be interesting.

geordiemp

I like crushed blacks, I don't like washed out colors. I'm the person that felt that BF4 actually looked better on X1 when first looking at the comparison videos, and actually, so did most people on the first 3 pages on neogaf, until the detectives started pointing out how the PS4 looks better.

All I'm saying is, if somebody has to tell me one version is better than the other, then I don't care enough.

This contrast nonsense needs to stop. There is a contrast button on your TV.

With correct CONSOLE contrast you CHOOSE the amount of blacks on display and contrast levels, and how much detail in dark areas you can see or loose.

With Xb1 often you have little to no choice, the detail is lost before it gets to the TV..

It has NOTHING to do with preference.

Some LED / Plasma have very good black levels and we can appreciate the detail (if we want to) if console output is correct.

ironcreed

Banned
Are we still judging highly compressed 720p videos or did someone capture high quality media from the Xbone and PS4 betas?

No, I am just going by the footage we have here. And you are right, I'm sure it will in no way do it justice. All I am saying is that it looks like the other footage I have seen of the game and that works for me.

Technical comparisons between multiplatform games on PS2 and their graphical upgrades on GCN and Xbox were absolutely discussed a TON. Xbox fans for 2 generations were able to hold multiplatform performance over the heads of the other consoles. I used to be one of them.

And while you were doing that, millions of others were just enjoying playing the games.

TK Turk

Banned
Please remember this is the beginning of development for both consoles. I think once developers learn how to use the hardware better the extra available power PS4 has will show itself more than it is now. I mean it says alot that there is already differences this early in the console cycle. I want to see what's going to happen to the XB1 version of a game years from now when a developer needs to drop the resolution on PS4 to 720p to push effects. That will be interesting.

I completely agree. I'm just talking right now, I don't think the differences seen on screen on that large. Could very well change in the future as the hardware of both are pushed to their absolute limit.

vaguba

Banned
At this point Xboners are like the American tea party on November 7th, 2012. Even though they had been crushed in a factual sense in terms of processing power they're still holding on and trying to unskew a bunch of objective facts or plugging their ears with their fingers and screaming "NANANANA can't hear you" over and over again.

cakely

Most people preferred the crushed blacks and lower resolution of the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4? And then "detectives" convinced everyone that higher resolutions and an unmodified color range looked better? I would have to go back and look at the thread but I really don't remember it that way.

geordiemp

Agreed. But sadly the internet will demand 1080p just for the sake of numbers and console wars.

Or maybe some of us with good eyesight and good quality TV's / good viewing distance can tell the difference ?

Watchdogs looks much worse on Ps4 than most of my games, if not all actually.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
There must be something wrong with my eyes, because I can't tell a difference in frame rate like you guys. Looks fine to me. I honestly can't see what you are all referring to. Serious post. I can't see it. Is it something with my eyes or what?

ironcreed

Banned
At this point Xboners are like the American tea party on November 7th, 2012. Even though they had been crushed in a factual sense in terms of processing power they're still holding on and trying to unskew a bunch of objective facts or plugging their ears with their fingers and screaming "NANANANA can't hear you" over and over again.

Or maybe some people just don't give a shit about the extra horsepower bragging rights in the console war and bought an Xbox One because it is powerful enough to offer a nice leap and has great games and features.

pixlexic

Banned

Who is doing that? one person? two? how many people are doing the exact opposite? one? two?

It about evens out really.

But Xboners? really?

Mr Moose

There must be something wrong with my eyes, because I can't tell a difference in frame rate like you guys. Looks fine to me. I honestly can't see what you are all referring to. Serious post. I can't see it. Is it something with my eyes or what?

Which video did you watch? If it was the YouTube one it's covered by a cat at the end.

Caayn

"NANANANA can't hear you"
Or maybe some of us with good eyesight and good quality TV's / good viewing distance can tell the difference ?

Watchdogs looks much worse on Ps4 than most of my games, if not all actually.
I never said that the difference for me is the same as for other people ;)

There's nothing wrong with my eyesight, and I game on a 50" Panasonic VT60. Do I notice a resolution difference? Yes. Is the trade-off worth it in my opinion? No. 900p is fine.
During gameplay I notice effects a lot better than I do with resolution. But that's how I perceive things, I'm well aware that others perceive things differently than I do and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That's probably when the XB2 will be announced with backwards compatibility.

RoKKeR

Yep, that looks like Destiny with Upload's gross compression and framerate issues.

Looking forward to the beta, but as others have said, Upload clips are best for sharing, not judging a game's graphics.

Kelsey

Banned
Yep, that looks like Destiny with Upload's gross compression and framerate issues.

Looking forward to the beta, but as others have said, Upload clips are best for sharing, not judging a game's graphics.

I've made quite a few Upload clips. Except for dropping everything to 30 FPS, Upload has never introduced framerate issues into my videos where they didn't already exist in the game. Compression issues? Yes. Framerate issues? No.

Bgamer90

Banned

I find the avatar reply trend a bit childish but your avatar is VERY fitting.

Your post was definitely "Amy from Amy's Baking Company" quality.

vaguba

Banned
Who is doing that? one person? two? how many people are doing the exact opposite? one? two?

It about evens out really.

But Xboners? really?

It doesn't matter how many people are "the exact opposite" because in a raw horsepower competition there can only be one winner. Boners are up there with delusional AMD CPU fanboys who insist because AMD processors are better under a extremely narrow set of circumstances they are better than Intel.

jond76

Banned

Cool. "xboners" AND politics. You are amazing.

The footage looked good to me. Ready for the beta.

ethomaz

Banned
well, forza is this big exclusive.
and then we have titanfall.
both games serious and distinctive feature is that they play good enough to absorb as many of your hours as you can throw at them.
I guess this is gears-level, because for me personally uncharted could never ramp up the hours like the other games I mention do/did.
Forza userbase was never big... it is niche.
Titanfall is not exclusive.

I don't see difference in size if Unchated and Gears userbase... Uncharted MP always have a solid community and activity... it is the most close to Gears you can find on PS3.

pixlexic

Banned
It doesn't matter how many people are "the exact opposite" because in a raw horsepower competition there can only be one winner. Boners are up there with delusional AMD CPU fanboys who insist because AMD processors are better under a extremely narrow set of circumstances they are better than Intel.

who is saying saying the xbox one is more or as powerful?

ironcreed

Banned

barkley-head-shake-o.gif

Keep fighting the good fight, strong warrior.

Norns

Wtf is this garbage?

Do people really think like this?

jesu

How are you calling a boner?

Rembrandt

Banned

I know, right? I don't even understand why MS or Nintendo even exist. There can only be one and Sony will be the only one. I'm willing to fight to the death by your side, console warrior.

I think you really need to tone it down a bit. Calling people "Boners and Xboners" isn't going to do you much good.

Concept17

Given that the game isn't much of a technical showcase (I assume due to cross-gen) I can't imagine there would be any reason it wouldn't run great on PS4/X1.

That's not to say the game isn't beautiful though. Because that art direction is sexy.

jem0208

Wow, interesting fantasy you've created for yourself there. Sadly the truth is that us "xboners" just don't really give a shit. I regularly acknowledge the fact that PS4 games look better. Thing is, I don't care.

It's brilliant being able to enjoy games without having to pixel count and study every screen at 100% zoom to confirm my console purchase is factually the best.

Wow, interesting fantasy you've created for yourself there. Sadly the truth is that us "xboners" just don't really give a shit. I regularly acknowledge the fact that PS4 games look better. Thing is, I don't care.

It's brilliant being able to enjoy games without having to pixel count and study every screen at 100% zoom to confirm my console purchase is factually the best.

If that was completely true you wouldn't bother engaging in conversations about differences, to be fair. So on some level, you do.

Norns

Given that the game isn't much of a technical showcase (I assume due to cross-gen) I can't imagine there would be any reason it wouldn't run great on PS4/X1.
But we have compressed YouTube footage of a beta build of the game?! Clearly the retail game is going to look identical to what we see here.

Concept17

You may want to consider the sarcasm is in his post.

Rembrandt

Banned

You're obviously enjoying games the wrong way.

You may want to consider the sarcasm is in his post.

You're pretty optimistic.

Leyasu

Banned
I know, right? I don't even understand why MS or Nintendo even exist. There can only be one and Sony will be the only one. I'm willing to fight to the death by your side, console warrior.

Lol

On topic looks OK for a beta. In have been undecided about this game, so the beta will be the yay or nay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom