• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody Else Watch Sean Bean's new show on TNT, "Legends"? I think he stays alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramuh

I know it doesn't premiere until August 13th on TNT but my cable provider (Comcast) has it on Demand right now. I watched the first episode (second doesn't air until Aug 20) and I thought it was a solid series premiere. It wasn't mind blowing or anything but I really enjoy Sean Bean and he was good (IMO) in the premiere at least. Some covert action etc.

Just curious if anyone else has checked it out and their thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWX9eU_vTA&feature=youtu.be

mackaveli

I know it doesn't premiere until August 13th on TNT but my cable provider (Comcast) has it on Demand right now. I watched the first episode (second doesn't air until Aug 20) and I thought it was a solid series premiere. It wasn't mind blowing or anything but I really enjoy Sean Bean and he was good (IMO) in the premiere at least. Some covert action etc.

Just curious if anyone else has checked it out and their thoughts.

I enjoyed it. I'll watch the next couple of episodes.

And Ali Larter is a total babe.

ramuh

I enjoyed it. I'll watch the next couple of episodes.

And Ali Larter is a total babe.

It took me a while but I remembered her from Final Destination.

The creators mentioned how it's not going to be a Legends a episode but where each persona he takes will spans multiple episodes. I'm excited to see Sean Bean encompass many different personas. His first one was really believable.

Akahige

I read Sean Bean's ama earlier and I still forgot that this show exists, now I remember why, it's from the Homeland guys.

I haven't watched it, and don't know if I plan on watching it either (at least not during the actual season, maybe on Netflix so I can binge watch it), but TNT put out a funny ad that makes mention of Sean Bean's not so good track record for living in his roles:
http://youtu.be/xkWX9eU_vTA

ramuh

I haven't watched it, and don't know if I plan on watching it either (at least not during the actual season, maybe on Netflix so I can binge watch it), but TNT put out a funny ad that makes mention of Sean Bean's not so good track record for living in his roles:
http://youtu.be/xkWX9eU_vTA

Haha. I've added that to the OP. It's true though. I still remember Equilibrium..

BouncyFrag

ayizx.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
he stays pretty much alive and well in Sharpe's too.

This one looks interesting, tho, but I dont expect him to survive the finale

sarcastor

so is he a clone or something? alien? what's with the cliche homeless-man-but-not-really who knows too much information?

Liked it. There were some cliches, but it was still good. Sean Bean is very good. Ali Larter too. And she's also hot. Didn't like any other characters, computer geek girl is awful.
so is he a clone or something? alien? what's with the cliche homeless-man-but-not-really who knows too much information?
I think homeless guy is former agent.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next week.

Wonder why he shifts between posh English to his native Yorkshire accent. Wonder if he's channeling another cover without realizing.

The marketing for this in San Diego as great.

"Let the CONspiracy begin" at the airport.

#Don'tKillSeanBean on all the posters.

Pooya

he was alive in Missing too, the show died instead :p

will watch, the synopsis sounds ok, I watch anything with Sean Bean in it anyway.

Will watch, I love Sean Bean.

Sharpe is one of my favourite tv series ever, and I always picture him in my head when I'm reading the books.

Does he put on an accent or is it pure SHEFFIELD STEEL?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Sharpe is one of my favourite tv series ever, and I always picture him in my head when I'm reading the books.

For whatever reason, he alternates between fake posh British and his natural british voice

I posted earlier: Wonder why he shifts between posh English to his native Yorkshire accent. Wonder if he's channeling another cover without realizing.

KPJZKC

Sharpe-GAF represent!

Although I do I feel like calling it a TV series is doing it a disservice...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying this, Sean Bean is awesome.

I've watched a couple episodes. Sean Bean is boss but they fuckin' killed John Cheese! Why!?

It is a formula show, which bums me out about it. Quirky geek character pisses me off these days. To me, it really is carried by Sean Bean. Without Sean Bean, this show would probably have not been greenlit.

TripOpt55

I have really been enjoying this show so far. It isn't anything special, but still pretty fun. Sean Bean is really great in it. Nice to see Kirk Acevedo in this too!

wildfire

Banned
Last week's episode was over the top. Just when you think he kills the bad guys 2-3 more keep popping up. Hilarious when he finishes that last guy while driving away.

Was there no OT for this show?

Well anyways, that was a great season finale. Definitely set up everything for next season, which I an totally looking forward to now.

In my opinion, the show started off interesting, then when it got to the Russian storyline is when I started to lose interest. The couple of episodes before that made the show seem like it had some neat storylines to tackle throughout the entirety of the season, so when this Russian storyline kinda came out of nowhere the show felt like (to me at least) that we had switched gears into a procedural type of show. Don't get me wrong, I like some procedural shows, but with this show you already have to suspend your disbelief a bit but this storyline pushed it a little too far even for Sean Bean. Luckily, once that bit wrapped up we were back on the right tracks and the show got enjoyable again.

Best part of it all though:

#SeanBeanLIVES!

TripOpt55

I enjoyed this. I thought the finale gave us enough answers to the big questions while also setting up a cool way to go in Season 2.

TripOpt55

Season 2 of this started up tonight, so I figured I'd give this thread a bump to see if anyone else watched. I admit I kind of forgot where it left off last season. I just refreshed myself after watching to get the particulars I didn't pick up on during the premiere, but it feels like a fairly new direction anyway. Looks like him being on the run for the murder is kind of the big thing carrying over plus him looking into his identity obviously. Looks like it will be an almost all new cast I guess too? Pretty good episode. I generally like non-linear storytelling. I like seeing the blanks filled in. Sean Bean is still great. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom