• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I watched God's Not Dead 2, because I guess I do that sort of thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

Oh god
ZRcBi4T.gif

Oh please do this.

Oh shit I remember seeing that trailer in a theater!

We should set up some sort of charity fund for these endeavors. Like, I'll chip in 10 bucks to a charity if Lionel watches Little Boy or The Case for Christ. If enough of us do it, we can do some actual good for the world instead of these terrible films.

We should set up some sort of charity fund for these endeavors. Like, I'll chip in 10 bucks to a charity if Lionel watches Little Boy or The Case for Christ. If enough of us do it, we can do some actual good for the world instead of these terrible films.

Little Boy's trailer started decent but then went fuckballs.

SubjectNineteen

Neo Member
I want to bump this thread to request Lionel watch The Case for Christ. It's that time of the year again where we all torture Lionel Mandrake.

Absolutely!

I read that book way back when...a million years ago, when I was attending one of Minnesota's most hardcore conservative Christian colleges (the experience scarred me for literally a decade -- attending the college, that is; not reading The Case for Christ -- that was simply dull) when I was trying to figure out who I was. I'd love to have Lionel see the movie iteration and run it through the wringer. I mean, I doubt anyone else could do so as eloquently and humorously as he can.

Anyway, I'm new to Neogaf as a member, though I've been a longtime lurker, so I only encountered this topic as of today, but I'm already petitioning Lionel be canonized. Pope Francis seems pretty cool; I think he'd dig it.

Surely, Saint Lionel has saved many souls (from seeing terrible movies). However...despite that I still kind of want to see both of these God is Either Missing or He's Dead films. I'm a glutton for punishment, plus, I would no doubt recognize most of the character archetypes in the films, having so thoroughly immersed myself in the world of conservative Christendom as I did about... *tilts head* ...fifteen years ago. Thankfully I made it out sane. But, I digress...

So, yes, please Lionel, hear our prayer and see The Case for Christ as our intercessor, that we may not suffer the fires of cinematic Hell!

The reviews on RT seem to suggest this film is just boring and tedious rather than offensively bad. It's possible that PureFlix has moved away from car-murdering Hercules.

How unfortunate. Though, to be fair, as dull as the source material is, I'm not surprised they couldn't make a wacky, fun for the family Christian propaganda...er...education film out of it. Still, I am saddened.

(For the record, I'm not hostile towards the idea of Christianity, just to those that would see the lives and rights of others squashed beneath its bootheel.)

The writers, producers, and directors of this film are doing far more to hurt Christianity than any of their perceived enemies.

Meanwhile, here's a film that actually needs to be made:

YpiEveS.jpg

(bonus: sequel!)

Oh, Lord! My sides have been raptured!

(Sorry for the long post.)

Bronx-Man

Banned
I heard on CinemaSnob there's an animated film coming out that's about the birth of Jesus from the farm animals' point-of-view. It stars Tracy Morgan and Tyler Perry.

If anyone is turned off by Christianity due to these movies or is second doubting their Christian faith I highly recommend

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/

You guys could search the Q.A and find many answers you may have about who Jesus was and other interesting questions about God.

Peace and Love be with you guys.

Spectone

As a Christian I find these movies deeply embarrassing. My wife bought the first one on DVD and I had to leave the room shortly after the movie started, it was that bad.

So I was just reading Mandrake's post about the first movie and am I misreading it, or does the fucking pastor run over the Prof and then says its wonderful he indirectly killed a man because the Prof converted before death??

Shauni

So I was just reading Mandrake's post about the first movie and am I misreading it, or does the fucking pastor run over the Prof and then says its wonderful he indirectly killed a man because the Prof converted before death??

Yeah, because if he didn't die in that moment he may not have converted. I guess anyway

mclem

I heard on CinemaSnob there's an animated film coming out that's about the birth of Jesus from the farm animals' point-of-view. It stars Tracy Morgan and Tyler Perry.

The Utterly Utterly Merry Comic Relief Christmas Book had the "Gospel According to a Sheep", written by Richard Curtis and Douglas Adams. It's one of the reasons the book only had a single print run, because subsequent ones were blocked by pressure on the publisher by offended Christian groups.

I'll see if I can find my copy and transcribe it, 'cause it's brilliant.

Rymuth

I second this - do it for charity, Lionel. You've got my money, no joke.

The reviews on RT seem to suggest this film is just boring and tedious rather than offensively bad. It's possible that PureFlix has moved away from car-murdering Hercules.

Oh yeah, well its based on Lee Strobel who is just some dude who applied investigative journalism into the New Testament/resurrection.

So it's heavy handed in its christian philosophy. It's a total boring drag because it's extremely preachy but not in an entertaining "black gangsta turns christian" way or "atheist professor gets run over by a car" or "Teacher goes on trial for preaching about Jesus" or "Douchebag celebrity finds love and humbleness in pastor's hot daughter"

Btw, In one of the scenes, their daughter asks "Who's Jesus!?" and the dad goes "he's just a fairy tale! We're atheists! We don't need fairy tales! :)"

And then the mom gets upset because they are forcing their belief onto the child. As if that doesn't ever happen in a Christian home.

Toa TAK

Banned
The Utterly Utterly Merry Comic Relief Christmas Book had the "Gospel According to a Sheep", written by Richard Curtis and Douglas Adams. It's one of the reasons the book only had a single print run, because subsequent ones were blocked by pressure on the publisher by offended Christian groups.

I'll see if I can find my copy and transcribe it, 'cause it's brilliant.
That kinda thing sounds right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom