• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward the most and why? Xenoblade X or FFXV?

sublimit

Banned
Up to post #490:
current tally:

xcx - 182
common reasons:
-xenoblade chronicles x will actually come out
-no faith in square enix
-xenoblade chronicles was awesome

ffxv - 71
common reasons:
-nothing beats a brand new final fantasy
-i don't have a wii u
-xenoblade chronicles wasn't that great

Xenoblade Chronicles X
ckmprm.gif

xx07_by_onilink888-d7ryuz8.gif

tumblr_mh3exbHEzO1r72ht7o1_500.gif

isDtZIbqRvjcn.gif

x_gif7_by_acesonnall-d6ax1fe.gif

vs

Final Fantasy XV

Xenoblade Chronicles X for me.Xenoblade was one of my favourite games ever and it looks like X is going to surpass it.I don't have much faith in SE and Nomura right now but that might change if they ever allow us to see and learn more about the current state of FFXV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have reasonable faith that one will actually come out next year, and I'll go with that one.

Hint: It's not the one that was announced eight years ago.

I have far, far more faith in Monolith delivering than S-E, so Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Yeah, this.

There hasn't been a great FF game in a long time. Plus its difficult to get excited about something that doesn't look like it'll get releases this decade. Xenoblade on the other hand feels fresh, is coming after a frankly amazing and revitalising game to the genre.

thematic

as a disappointed FF fans, I'm looking forward to Xenoblade X more than FFXV. even though I don't have WiiU, yet (only PS4 currently)

Xenoblade X because I expect it to be good.

I have no expectations for FFXV whatsoever. Whereas XV years ago Squaresoft used to be one of the best developers on the planet, they are now a dried up husk of their former selves, living on past glories and releasing games that I personally find boring.

kingkaiser

Difficult to say.

The one will be coming out next year and will deliver a solid evolution to a fine RPG.

The other may come out in 20
20 if we are lucky
and has the potential to revolutionize the entire genre.

gogogow

Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade on the Wii was amazing, one of my fave game of all time. I used to like FF a lot, but after FFXIII, i'm kinda burned out on the series and it also takes them 10 years to make one.

Rising_Hei

FFXV to be honest, that offers new stuff that might surprise as while Xenoblade X is something we're accostumed to already.

Without a doubt Xenoblade X. SE hasn't delivered a good Final Fantasy in a long time, whereas Monolith delivered arguably the best JRPG of last generation. That, and we don't know in what capacity SE can make this game happen. If at all.

Plus, it's a Nomura game.

FFXV. Mainly because I don't own a Wii U and I can't wait for the salt if the game ends up sucking.

^^But indeed Persona 5>>>>both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FFXV by far

2533037-4381795273-Stell.gif

I need this game.

Persona 5 > both of them though

Hmm, that's an interesting race for second place. I don't really like P3 or P4 but then again I don't really like anything shown of Versus so far.

P5 will also probably come out next year though so it gets the nod.

Kouriozan

We had more info about Xenoblade Chronicle X so it's unfair.
Plus Final Fantasy isn't automatically considered a good game since FF XIII sadly :/

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If it has to be either one, I'm more interested in FFXV because of the sophistication of the animation they've shown.

Tenki

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the sequel to one of the best, if not the best, JRPG last gen.

Final Fantasy XV... welp. Are we even going to play it next year?

Asd202

I'm more anticipating XV mostly because how long I've been waiting for it though I feel like Xenoblade X will end up as a better game in the end

Leezard

Xenoblade. FFXV has been in development hell for so long, and we don't really know much about it yet either.

N30RYU

FFXV.

Won't purchase any other Nintendo console, so I'm in total blackout about Nintendo media.

Boogybro

FFXV. Mainly because I don't own a Wii U and I can't wait for the salt if the game ends up sucking.

Man, imagine the salt if FF15 ends up sucking... You would need a whole stadium to contain it.

I'm looking forward to both just as much as the other. But Xenoblade is closer to release, so...

Hystzen

I'm one few who hated Xenoblade Chronicles and I don't expect FFXV come out in next 2/3 years.....errrr Witcher 3 and Persona 5 instead

T.O.P

Banned
Lost interest in Final fantasy a long time ago

And Xenoblade it's one of the reasons i got a WiiU in the first place, it will be good

I've got more faith in Monolith than Square Enix these days. Especially looking at the people involved in FF15, it seems likely that it won't be my thing. Going by their supposed good output, I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

-MD-

Don't care a whole lot about either of them but if I had to choose I guess I'd go with XV.

Wasn't the last Xeno game like 100 hours long? I don't think I have the patience for some 100 hour open world rpg anymore.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I've always been a far bigger Xeno fan than a Final Fantasy one so I'm way more hyped for X. I have the utmost faith in Monolithsoft to deliver.

XV looks different enough to previous installments that I still have high hopes for it though. High hopes, just a lot of doubts too.

HeelPower

I'm looking forward to Pillars of Eternity more, because at least I know that game will be coming out soon. :p

come to think of it..

nobody knows when da fu*k P5,ZX or FFXV are coming out anyway...

But then again I am grateful that such a good lineup is happening within the next 1-3 years.

ZeroX03

Banned
Xenoblade Chronicles X. We've seen footage, it's from a reliable studio, it'll very likely be an amazing game. I'm hyped.

Persona 5 haven't seen enough to judge, but I'm erring on the side if it being good - because again - track record. Also hyped.

Final Fantasy XV is coming from a studio with an absolutely atrocious track record over the last 8 or so years (on consoles at least). I'd say it's more likely to kill JRPGs on console than revolutionize them. I'm dreading.

gogogow

Xenoblade Chronicles X. We've seen footage, it's from a reliable studio, it'll very likely be an amazing game. I'm hyped.

Persona 5 haven't seen enough to judge, but I'm erring on the side if it being good - because again - track record. Also hyped.

Final Fantasy XV is coming from a studio with an absolutely atrocious track record over the last 8 or so years (on consoles at least). I'd say it's more likely to kill JRPGs on console than revolutionize them. I'm dreading.

Wait, Atlus released media for P5?

Kenai

Xenoblade for sure. Not even a contest.

FF might be good too but I don't really expect anything from it after the 13 saga, and who knows when it will actually come out.

Top Bottom