• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward the most and why? Xenoblade X or FFXV?

Paracelsus

Better safe than sorry: Xenoblade X. X-enoblade is the successor of a pretty good game, it's being developed by trustworthy people at a steady pace, there's no reason to doubt its quality. FFXV was a game then it became another game and it started for a platform then it was shifted to two entirely different platforms over the course of eight years, and all we know is Nomura and some random people from KH team or whatever. Oh, and after FFXIII Square has got everything to prove, as if they started developing the other day.

Xenoblade, because I seriously doubt that much of that FFXV trailer was real. It was just a CG mockup they threw together to ride the coattails of the platform announcements.

Also, I get the feeling Xenoblade will be a deeper game with a more intelligent story.

Phazon

Xenoblade X

Xenoblade was amazing and it looks like they improved a lot of things in the new one + mechs <3

And unlike FF XV, we're getting it soon :p

gogogow

Better safe than sorry: Xenoblade X. X-enoblade is the successor of a pretty good game, it's being developed by trustworthy people at a steady pace, there's no reason to doubt its quality. FFXV was a game then it became another game and it started for a platform then it was shifted to two entirely different platforms over the course of eight years, and all we know is Nomura and some random people from KH team or whatever. Oh, and after FFXIII Square has got everything to prove, as if they started developing the other day.

SE announced that FFXV is gonna be multiplatform just this year, right? I'm so out of loop on this game.

Rocky

Banned
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the sequel to one of the best, if not the best, JRPG last gen.

Final Fantasy XV... welp. Are we even going to play it next year?

I didn't know Xenoblade Chronicles X was a sequel to Ni No Kuni.

I'm definitely looking forward to FFXV. I didn't like Xenoblade at all, and I really don't care for controlling mechs in my jrpgs.

Mistle

X, definitely.

Xenoblade was one of the best games I've ever played, and even when I had started losing faith in JRPGS.

ZenTzen

personalyy, for now i'm more excited for Xenoblade than XV, but i'm pretty sure that if SE showed some actual live gameplay besides the combat with an actual, substantial idea on what to expect from the game, that would actually change

either way i'm looking forward to both

Philippo

I wonder what's your train of thought behind a statement like that, nothing shown of FFXV looks particularly good apart from the pretty graphics.

Really? I mean, what we got from trailers and info snippets about the game's ambitions sounds really promising for me (open-world, semi-realistic setting, "darker" storyline, emphasis on relationship between characters, amazing soundtrack, summons, airships etc.). Obviously until we see more they remain that, ambitions, but still on papers it sounds like a great game already.

Anyway, i'm sure they'll both turn out great games, just Xenoblade can't even reach the utopic level of FFXV.

I haven´t seen enough of XV to give it a fair chance compared to the 1 hour+ of real Xenoblade X gameplay......but right now:

Xenoblade would win by default.

Xenoblade's exploration was great but some of the tweaks they're doing to the gameplay upset me with XenoX. Min. level for certain items to be used for one. Think they're doing the whole FFIX learn stuff with certain equipment on as well which I don't appreciate either.

FFXV I know nothing about...I've seen the characters a few times(mostly males...eh).

So I'll go with Xenoblade just because Xenogears is the greatest game ever. Hopefully they can capture some of that story/character magic from Gears where Xenoblade was underwhelming.

sublimit

Banned
Another important thing that makes Monolith and Xenoblade X more favorable to me than SE and FFXV is that Monolith was always more open to their fans about the development of the game and were keep giving us footage and info about X with the E3 Treehouse event being the proof that they actually have the balls of showing a playable version of the game that it's still a long way from releasing.
SE on the other hand is the most cryptic company on earth to the point that it has become ridiculous.8 years in development and all they say is bullshit like "please be excited" while they show us nothing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Xenoblade I consider to be my favorite game of the past generation, so is all about that X

Pachimari

Totally Final Fantasy XV. The cast looks like one of the coolest in a long while.

Also FF XIV is great. So were XII and X.

Chunky

I'm cautiously optimistic for XV, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out a bit rough considering how long it's been in development.
X is going to be my favourite game of the year. I'll obviously be disappointed if it sucks, but Monolithsoft have earned my benefit of the doubt fiftyfold.

Not really a fair comparison. The other one is coming a lot sooner and we have a lot more information on it.

Anyway, Xenoblade X for me. Xenoblade was a spectacular JRPG and there's no reason to believe X won't be anything but awesome.
I don't have a console to play FFXV either though, and will not be buying one. It might come to PC eventually, but I'm not really interested in the game anyway. I've only played one Final Fantasy so far (VII) and it wasn't any good.

Don't care a whole lot about either of them but if I had to choose I guess I'd go with XV.

Wasn't the last Xeno game like 100 hours long? I don't think I have the patience for some 100 hour open world rpg anymore.
About 40 maybe for the main story, max 60. Unless you want to do all the side quests of course, but that takes a long time.

Majukun

didn't play the first xenoblade and FF XIII made ut impossible for me to ever get hyped for a final fantasy game ever again

also,none of those will probably came out anytime soon

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Xenoblade X is actually going to come out in a reasonable amount of time. Monolith Soft has also proven themselves to be more competent than SE has lately.

I want to play FFXV, but I don't see any reason to be looking forward to that more than Xenoblade X.

Xenoblade X by a landslide, because:

- I'm sure the Xenoblade footage is all actual gameplay. Most of the XV trailers looks like cutscene/mockup footage with a fake UI, much like the early XIII trailers.
- Xenoblade Chronicles was better than any Square game since the PSX. I have faith in Monolith to deliver an amazing game. Square Enix, well ... WORST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! MOMS ARE TOUGH!!!
- Xenoblade will most likely release next year. XV might not have even started full development.
- Noctis looks like an idiot.

sublimit

Banned
Totally Final Fantasy XV. The cast looks like one of the coolest in a long while.

Getting a PS4 next week basically to play FFXIV (Destiny bundle was also to good to ignore)! I'd love to see Yoshida make a single player FF game.I've watched a lot of FFXIV and i have to admit the guy really delivers unlike Nomura and company.

Chunky

I think the teams on all these are rather different, so they shouldn't be an indication of each other's quality.
Kingdom Hearts is almost always good, and that's where the team are coming from.

If I could have one today, FFXV, no question. But this is real life, so I'm better off being hyped for Xenoblade.

(God damn you, Square. God damn you.)

Sanctuary

It feels strange to be saying this, considering how much I really loved Xenoblade Chronicles, and absolutely loathed FFXIII, but I think I'm looking forward to FFXV more now. To me it looks like SE took a page from Capcom and are going the Dragon's Dogma route as far as the combat goes. It looks a bit like Devil May Cry and the Akham games a bit, but who knows how it will actually feel in motion.

After all of the previews of X, I'm still very interested, but a lot less so now than before. The combat just looks very offputting to me right now.

Go_Ly_Dow

Xenboade X, FFXV and Persona 5 are kinda on the backburner on the moment.

Currently waiting for localized Yakuza 5.

OpP0NE0.jpg

Zemm

One series just had a critically acclaimed 10/10 type game, the other just had a shit show trilogy. I wonder which one I'm looking forward to.

Of those two FF15. I'm not really interested in Xenoblade X. I don't have nor am I planning to get a Wii U, and from what I've played of the original Xenoblade it wasn't all that good. I keep meaning to try again though. FF15 kind of take it by default and I'll probably get it, but I'm not really excited for it.

edit: as others have said, I'm way more interested in Persona 5 than either of the others

clem84

Gold Member
Having already played Xenoblade and from what we've seen of X, we have a pretty good idea of how the game is going to be, and it looks very promising.

As for FFXV, I really don't know what to think of the trailers we've seen so far. How much of an RPG and how much of an action game is this going to be? Tough to say at this point. There's so much stuff we don't know about the game. To me it's a big question mark. SE knows that they have to redeem themselves after the poor reception of the XIII series and also that they have to get back the Japanese console gamers who've left for mobile gaming so this title is crucial to the long term success of the franchise. Part of me thinks they're going to do everything in their power to make FFXV a success. If the game turned out to be phenomenal, it wouldn't surprise me and if it turned out to be sub par, I guess I wouldn't be surprised either. After the XIII series nothing surprises me anymore.

Like I said, there's too much we don't know about XV, whereas XBX is a safer bet. We know it's going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to both games, but XBX a little more.

Dark_castle

FFXV.

I already know what Xenoblade X will be like roughly since it follows the same exact template as Xenoblade. In the end, Xenoblade X will most likely be more critically acclaimed, but I won't get the "surprise" factor. FFXV can provide me that, because there're still so much mystery/potential about the game.

As somebody else put it, the best game is not the game that I know I want, it's the game that I didn't know I want.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never thought I'd say this before last year but I think Xenoblade has the better gifs and Versus had some damn fine gifs.

Sanctuary

Why do people keep insisting that FFXV won't be released any time soon? Is the March 2015 date just a rumor?

Shion

I'm not sure.

I want to get hyped for FFXV...but the setting and the backstreet boys-style cast don't do it for me at all.

As for Xenoblade, as much as I loved the first game, I wanted to see a more fluid and sophisticated combat-system.

Maebe

Xenoblade because it will come out in my lifetime. If XV was actually not in development hell I'd be excited still, more-so than xenoblade.

Top Bottom