• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Import |OT| aka waifu climax

bryt

Anyone know how to get 300,000,000 points in score attack? I'm maxing out at 275,000,000 with ending rounds with super and going straight rounds.

Any tricks to rack up points?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Just had to use Selvaria and lame it out to get perfects.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So, does this game not work on the Vita TV, through digital or game card?

Fab confirmed that it doesn't work on Vita TV.

For some reason, the back of the box states that the game uses the touch screen...but I have yet to see any part of the game that does so.

baekshi

Banned
Fab confirmed that it doesn't work on Vita TV.

For some reason, the back of the box states that the game uses the touch screen...but I have yet to see any part of the game that does so.

Well it was never confirmed to be compatible with Vita TV anyways.

Sora_N

Finally got to try this game out thanks to the gameshare (thanks Emalde!).

Only had a chance to try out these characters briefly.

Kuroyukihime, seems not what I expected lol so I got smashed hard in my random ranked match.

Taiga, tried her in a versus match. Seems fun to play.

Misaka, not sure about her yet but I felt a little disappointed.

I hope I have a bit of time to try out some more characters tomorrow. :)

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't played this game since launch, but it's been Shana, KYH, and Miyuki for me.

Shana's what I expected. I love the character, and I do like a shoto-esque playstyle, so that was only natural. My only problem is that in a game that highly restrictive in combo routes, Shana has those problems even more so.

KYH is pretty cool, you can play really lame with her. Going into her red form pretty much beats all other options for me because of the buffs it gives. She has a neat teleport followup for one of her specials, but I don't use it too much. There's little need to use it when you can effectively space with her really good range (especially if you pair her up with Kino assist or something).

Miyuki's neat. She gets two airdashes. Pairing that up with her double jump and her air special, you get to stall a bit in the air in certain situations. She has nothing amazing, but she at least has tools. Her super is useful for that hard knockdown too. Been pairing her up with Kuroneko assist since it helps for oki and also covers good space along with 2[C]

Game's not great when you're looking at it through a fighting game stand point, but it's a fun fan service game. It's also nice seeing these characters all drawn by French Bread. I do hope for another update since I like the cast. Even though the game is simple because of the demographic it's aiming towards, I do wish they were allowed to open the game a bit more.

antibolo

Banned
While waiting on the game to arrive to me (it's at customs now, may get it tomorrow) I have been catching up on the series represented by the game that have an anime adaptation on Crunchyroll.

Why the hell is the stupid imouto the playable character for The Irregular at Magic High School instead of his awesome onii-sama protagonist?? Why did they do this?!

I mean I'm all for female characters in fighting games, but that was CLEARLY the wrong choice. I can't facepalm this enough.

Vylash

While waiting on the game to arrive to me (it's at customs now, may get it tomorrow) I have been catching up on the series represented by the game that have an anime adaptation on Crunchyroll.

Why the hell is the stupid imouto the playable character for The Irregular at Magic High School instead of his awesome onii-sama protagonist?? Why did they do this?!

I mean I'm all for female characters in fighting games, but that was CLEARLY the wrong choice. I can't facepalm this enough.

we don't need ONII-SAMA in everything

redhairedking

It looks like I'll finally have my copy on Thursday or Friday. Anyone else get the vita version and want to play whenever I get mine?

antibolo

Banned
Game arrived yesterday. Came with some sort of promo mag that's mostly just artwork.

It's definitely a very simple, easy to pick up game. Probably a bit too easy, the autocombos are even more abusable than P4A, but in any case I still like it so far, I wish more fighting games would simplify their systems to be more accessible.

As expected, roughly half of Miyuki's vocabulary is "onii-sama", lol. And if you do use Tatsuya as her assist, the assist button becomes the onii-sama button, haha.

Uraizen

Banned
Game arrived yesterday. Came with some sort of promo mag that's mostly just artwork.

It's definitely a very simple, easy to pick up game. Probably a bit too easy, the autocombos are even more abusable than P4A, but in any case I still like it so far, I wish more fighting games would simplify their systems to be more accessible.

As expected, roughly half of Miyuki's vocabulary is "onii-sama", lol. And if you do use Tatsuya as her assist, the assist button becomes the onii-sama button, haha.

Not to this level of
easy/
accessible. Man, if they had not have added assists to this game... lol.

Shinriji

Which platform did you get it on?

Switn9ml.jpg

Shinriji

Patch 1.01 released for the vita version (and PS3?)

NETWORK

- Fixed timeout problems with ranked matches
- Fixed random bugs with ranked matches

No private lobbies in player matches yet, unfortunately.

Just got the game yesterday for PSVita, very fun and easy to pick up but the damage scaling is insane in this game.

Does anyone knows good BnB for Yukina or videos of good yukina players? That would help me a lot.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just got the game yesterday for PSVita, very fun and easy to pick up but the damage scaling is insane in this game.

Does anyone knows good BnB for Yukina or videos of good yukina players? That would help me a lot.

To get you started, there's 2 matches of the 2nd ranked Yukina in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyc3eX8L4Qg

I'd check out more of the channel too. Setsuna has each video listing which characters are playing and if they're high ranked players.

Revival post.
I've had the game for about a week now, fairly easy game to master. It's pretty great for what it is really, a fan service game. I just got a quick question.

I beat both Selvaria and Akira, and got their unlock trophies, but I don't see them in the character select. Do I have to download them as dlc or they already on the cart?

Edit: Nvm saw a post saying they aren't playable in Arcade or Dream Duel mode

If anyone wants to play some matches my psn is
GloriousBagel

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: nvm, I didn't notice this hadn't been move. I wonder if it's ok to continue the discussion of the game here.

joe2187

Banned
Damn been playing this game for a bit, surprised that the online seems to be still alive and kicking on the Vita.

Getting lots of matches and good fights.

However any veterans wanna school me in how to get over 300 Mill in Score Attack? No matter what I do I cant seem to get past 270!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Damn been playing this game for a bit, surprised that the online seems to be still alive

:D

on the Vita.

D:

That makes sense though, most serious players who import wouldn't go for a handheld version. Because the PS3 version was literally dead on arrival. Probably my only day 1 regret from last year.

Kindekuma

Banned
Close friend of mine got me Dengeki for Christmas. This game is so goddamn hilarious to play, and soundtrack is great to boot.

Nothing like kicking Kirino's ass.

Top Bottom