• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
On mobile so I can't post pics, will update later with more detail.

Mine is definitely Jill, closely followed by Leon.

1838872-20090509233837_jill_valentine_resident_evil_3.jpg

The only protags I outright dislike are Rebecca and Sheva, and Sheva only for being forced into the role as a last minute design decision.

I was also a big fan of Sherry in RE6, and I wish Carlos had his own story in RE3.

Edit: no lists or one word answers.

Bl@de

Jill. But only RE1, REmake, RE3 version. Not the version that evolved to the revelations pin up doll.

Sadist

1) RE 4 Leon
2) RE 2 Leon
3) RE 6 Leon

And oh Jill and Claire are okay too

But seriously, Leon is great. As much as I like Chris, for the past couple of games he turned into such a no-fun guy. Overly serious.

jonno394

Billy and Rebecca. Always liked their relationship in the game, hope for a port to current gen now REmake port is done.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I find a lot of people's favorite end up being the one they first played as. Not always, but often.

Leon Kennedy for me, though Chris has grown on me over time, I actually like him more now than I used too. Rebecca claims third spot for me, thought I dislike her direction starting with Umbrella Chronicles (she also hasn't been in much), and may be overtaken by Sherry pretty soon, who I actually enjoyed a lot in RE6, and her bit more emotional childhood spin in Darkside Chronicles.

But Leon is the best for me, I love his little quirks and on-going gags through the series with him. And his hair and jacket tastes.

Rodhull

Admittedly I haven't played every game in the series but they're all a bit bland and none of them really stand out as being different from each other to me.

It has been a few years since I've played one but I can't remember any real distinguishing character moments for any of them.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This is quite tough but I will have to go with Leon (RE2)

AAK

JillValentine.gif~c200

Still my favorite Jill as well.

Sucks how she looks like a completely different character each game.

Silky

Banned
1) RE1 Jill.
--Best design, has a lot of charisma and quality character development.
2) Barry Burton
--Don't worry...I have /THIS./ Is the greatest cinematic cutscene in video game history and you can't tell me otherwise. Barry is /the shit./ I'm glad he's back in RERev2, and his daughter looks awesome.
3) Bruce McGivern
--It's Bruce Willis is a lightgun game! He's also cool!
4) MvC2 Jill
--C H A R G I N G S.T.A.R.S.
5) RE3 Jill
--I love the Jill/Nemesis angle, and for some reason I love RE3 jill more thanks to the awful RE: Apocalypse film.
6) RE6 Sherry Birkin
--Hated sherry in RE2, but I'm glad she grew up to be a total ass kicker.
7) Helena Harper
8) Sheva Alomar
--A black protagonist in RE that doesn't suck ass!
9) UMvC3 Chris
--OPEN FIRE
10) Ada Wong

Leon sucks.

Surprised to see RE5 Chris in here. What did you guys like about him?

He's hot and good in Marvel

WITHE1982

Favorite:
1. Leon S Kennedy: RE2 Leon just edging out RE4 Leon (AAADAAAAAAAAA!!!!).
2. Jill Valentine: RE1 version
3. Claire Redfield: RE2 and Code Veronica
4. Chris Redfield: RE1 version.
5. Ada Wong: RE4

Least favorite:
1. Jessica Sherawat (Revelations raid mode)
1. Jake Muller
2. Sherry Birkin (not a main protagonist but you do play as her briefly in RE2)

Silky

Banned
Helena is the secret best new character in RE6. Unlike Leon who's hell bent on doing all of this ridiculous shit just to simp for Ada, Helena actually has ~CHARACTER DEVEOPMENT~ through the entirety of her campaign. She reminds me a lot of Jill in RE3.

Caronte

Admittedly I haven't played every game in the series but they're all a bit bland and none of them really stand out as being different from each other to me.

It has been a few years since I've played one but I can't remember any real distinguishing character moments for any of them.

You're obviously wrong.

tumblr_m7ogrl51bk1r9cjqxo1_500.gif

Can the other characters do that!?

Jill, Sheva, and Ada.
Ada's boss fight versus carla was really messed up if you think about how it got to that point.

Alo0oy

Banned
Jill, Barry, & Ada pre-RE6 are my favorite by far.

I remember how bland Chris's compaign was in the original RE without Jill & Barry, they carried that game.

Chris in Code Veronica was his only good iteration, Leon was terrible as a wiseass in RE4, they ruined his RE2 character.

Claire was great in every iteration.

All the new characters in RE6 were terrible, all they did was take Jill, Claire, & Barry's rightful spot.

Sheva was forgetful.

Top Bottom