• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ada is a "cool" character for sure, but she's so poorly written in terms of story placement. But then again RE's story is a real mess anyway, SO...

I like Claire and Barry the most. Revelations 2 is a dream come true.

Lernaean

Banned
Generally speaking they did a good job with all the leads in RE6, wouldn't mind any of them coming back.

Even Sherry, who I thought had big potential to suck, was very well done.

I suppose you pretty much know my opinion. RE6 is one if the better REs. I think it gets too much hate and for the wrong reasons.

DVCY201

1) REmake Jill (obviously)
2) RE5 Chris (Roger Craig Smith does such a good job voice acting, I hope Capcom keeps him permanently)
3) Ada

strafer

1) REmake Jill (obviously)
2) RE5 Chris (Roger Craig Smith does such a good job voice acting, I hope Capcom keeps him permanently)
3) Ada

This.

RCS is great.

But seeing how they replaced Alyson Court (Claire Redfield) I'm not sure anymore.

Manu

This.

RCS is great.

But seeing how they replaced Alyson Court (Claire Redfield) I'm not sure anymore.

They replaced Court because they wanted someone who sounded older (which is bullshit since Court is in her 40s and she could easily sound older if she wanted to), but I don't think they'd replace Smith.

He's Chris' voice as far as I'm concerned.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
UpL1b8d.jpg

God I love RE. All of them. Old School. Action-drenched. Cheesy.Tense. Whatever, RE I love it.

Except ORC of course. Cause it's a bad game. Was even open to the idea, but what a bad game.

Senoculum

God I love RE. All of them. Old School. Action-drenched. Cheesy.Tense. Whatever, RE I love it.

Except ORC of course. Cause it's a bad game. Was even open to the idea, but what a bad game.

That giant picture just reminded me of the controversy with Jill's crotch (how it bears a similarity to a NSFW image of a lady part).

Jawmuncher

ORC could have at least been ok had they toned back on bullet sponge enemies.
The amount of hits stuff took to kill even on SP was embarrassing.

Pejo

Gold Member
Leon - RE 4. I have to replay 2 to see if he was as good of a character then as well. Just felt like the perfect protagonist for the situation.

Sheva - RE 5. Far superior over steroid Chris. (don't like the new Chris at all, preferred generic Chris from RE1)

Jill - RE 3. Girl avoids and eventually kills an ustoppable monster, while wearing a tube top and miniskirt. Respect. Also, the best girl in the Resident Evil movies.

and the "I wish I could play as him" award goes to Barry Burton.

Jill by far. Didn't care for the use of the character in RE5 though.

Claire, Leon (2+4), and Barry next.

Chris, Ada, Sheva, and Billy.

Rebecca, Carlos, Jake Muller, Sherry, and Steve are at the bottom.

Bardiche

Claire.

1. CV Claire
2. RE2 Claire
3. Revelations 2 Claire

She's a badass civilian who is able to survive zombie outbreaks with no formal training.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Leon and Jill. Fuck that meathead Chris.

Nemesis_

I wish RE6 came out earlier so they cast Wentworth Miller as Jake Muller rather than Chris.

It's such a better fit.

Claire. Until recently she was the only one who actually felt like the same character from game to game. A big part of that was the consistent voice acting. And now, of course, Capcom has gone and fucked all of that up, too.

Top Bottom