• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

pantsmith

Jill, Ada and Leon.

Yup, this is where I stand too.

The caveat being that Jill was not only GREAT but iconic in 1 and 3, and has lost some luster thanks to the weird shit that happens in 5 and Revelation. Still think shes the standout, though, and adore her representation in Marvel v Capcom 2.

Leon and Ada are both somewhat grounded, somewhat ridiculous players in a world that is also somewhat grounded and somewhat ridiculous. They feel at home, and haven't devolved into ridiculous caricatures of themselves (yet).

Grisby

Jill and Chris, the original duo. Just a bad ass pair.

Claire is in close second, because Re2 is one of the best games ever made. Leon would be higher on the list if he wouldn't have turned into such a 'cool' guy.

Sheva is probably my favorite 'new' character in the series. She's got a pretty good VA and killing things with a bow is always fun.

Lord Phol

Definetly REmake Jill and RE4 Leon (he was good in RE2 as well). Really dislike Neanderthal Chris and no-soul Jill in RE5

Alo0oy

Banned
Everything about RE6 was shit lol

I still can't believe how bad that game was, they dumped weapon upgrades for CoD perks, butchered the melee system & reskinned the outdated mercenaries mode & called it a day. The menu & inventory were more clunky than Resident Evil Gaiden.

That game & ME3 were the biggest disappointments of the gen for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jill was at her worst in RE5. I hate they went the fucking Shadaloo/Cammy route bullshit with her. Jill's fate should've remained a mystery in RE5 and settled in RE6.

But battlesuit Jill is awesome.

1. RE4 Leon - Pure badass, best one liners...and the JACKET
2. RE4 Ada - Hot, confident, has Leon on her thumb and the...RED DRESS
3. REmake Jill - Julia Voth likeness. No need to say anything else.

Leon S. Kennedy

jlG66d3.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ash blonde hair and some knockoff Cammy moves? nah

Well I love all Jills except the damn Revelations mess. And RE5/REmake is my favorite in the series.

Btw Jill's knife attack in RE5 is legit.

Jill is, in my opinion, THE protagonist of the Resident Evil series.

I'm not going to outright disagree with it, because it's an easily defensible point of view.

But, to be devil's advocate for a second, you can also make the same argument for Chris. Not only has he been in more games (I think?), but for a while he was the only one that even had family who herself was a major protagonist of two mainline RE games (and now a third, counting Revelations 2).

Another reason is because
the "arguably" main conflict of the entire RE series revolved personally around Chris. Wesker and Chris dragged their conflict from RE1 all the way to its culmination in RE5.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's not that Sheva is an unlikable person, her character was just uninteresting & boring, she didn't have an interesting arc at all, she was just the AI that kept dying or didn't revive you.

lmao yes, as compared to all the other complex RE characters and their rich arcs. I mean, what. The topic of this thread is basically choosing between which cardboard-cutout you like the look of the most because they're all pretty damn milquetoast.

Ralemont

not me
Nope, The Melee system was terrible, & a lot of the special moves like sliding are only there to cheese combos in mercenaries mode & have no benefit to the actual gameplay.

The melee system is fantastic, especially countering enemy melee attacks. And sliding can actually be very useful, as this video demonstrates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjmW5GgU_c

It's half an hour long so I don't expect you to watch the whole thing, but just skip through it and you can see how advantageous sliding can be. RE6's mechanics are great.

strafer

RE5 had the best camera controls ever.

I mean, it was amazing. Then they fucked it up with the 360 rotatable camera in RE6.

Hope they go back to the real RE5 camera with RE7.

My only big complaint about RE6.

Piers

Rebecca Chambers, for the fact she survives another mansion right after the first. And she's suppose to be a recent recruit too if I recall.
She gets a lot of merit from me for that.

Jawmuncher

Chris gets my vote. Was never a fan of leon even with as many times I have beaten RE4.
Jill is still my favorite female protag of the series though, and i'm hoping in RE7 the leading character is female. Hell if it's coop again I want another Female team like were seeing in Rev 2.

Top Bottom