• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

Claire, I guess because she's hot, drives a motorcycle, her Angel vest, and her RE2 scenarios are my favorites in the series. Call me shallow, but we are talking about Resident Evil here.

Seyavesh

chris redfield, easily. the dude after the RE5 development has a "great" story to him in how his life jumped the shark wildly after RE1 and how the world happened to jump the shark with him (or vice versa?)
inMAnYAXGAz3H.gif

my real #1 is HUNK, but he's not really a protagonist as much as a side character
that boba fett status

Ninjimbo

Claire, I guess because she's hot, drives a motorcycle, her Angel vest, and her RE2 scenarios are my favorites in the series. Call me shallow, but we are talking about Resident Evil here.
I'll say you have excellent tastes.

For some reason I have a hard time picking favorite characters in RE. I've spent so much time on so many of the games that I've grown to like all of them even the asshole that is Wesker. If I had to pick favorites though, Claire, Leon, and Jill make the short list because RE2 and REmake were a huge part of my teenage years.

Draft

Leon. The narrative in RE4 cements him as the best video game protagonist. He personifies everything that is good and awesome about video game heroics. What's hilarious is how much of a complete doofus he is in RE2. I have very fond memories of the official RE2 strategy guide, and the author goofs on Leon through the entire thing.

Leon is constantly being told what to do, no one listens to him (despite him being the sole character in any sort of formal authority role,) and his "love interest" wants nothing to do with him. What a turn around for my boy. Keep it up, Leon S. Kennedy.

Carbonox

S'all about the OG crew - Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. Their arcs are the most interesting though for the most part Capcom butchered their appearances over the years (only Leon remained good) in various ways.

Favourite character overall though is Albert Wesker. It's Resident Evil so they need to do the comic book angle and bring him back from the dead.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I forget the name but the one that moves like a tank. That one is cool. lol

but in all seriousness....Alice

Nemmy

S'all about the OG crew - Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. Their arcs are the most interesting though for the most part Capcom butchered their appearances over the years (only Leon remained good) in various ways.

Favourite character overall though is Albert Wesker. It's Resident Evil so they need to do the comic book angle and bring him back from the dead.

I actually agree. RE6 lacked a memorable evil mastermind plotting in the background (preferably from a satellite).

Leon is my favourite protagonist, by a considerable margin. He's just got a panache and flair that makes him enjoyable, and by comparison most of the others are relatively stoic and humourless. He was so great in Resi 4,and was certainly the highlight of Resi 6 as well.

If Ada counts she gets my vote. She pulls that misterious/cool combo off really well. I also really like her design.
Second would be Claire, there's just something about her. I liked her right away when I played RE2.
Jill and Leon are alright.
Out of the characters that were introduced recently Sherry is the one that stands out the most to me. I wish they'd put her in Revelations 2 instead of Moira.

Beck

Favorite has always been Jill, second would be Leon, third is Rebecca, fourth is Claire and fifth is Barry.

see avatar-

edit:Hunk for uninitiated
tumblr_lm2lx9URD91qkgvk4o1_500.gif

Man. When I first played the RE4 Mercenaries mode with HUNK, I saw his attache case and thought: "A freaking TMP... THAT'S IT!?!?" But I was a mere pleb, and NOT prepared for the awesomeness. I subsequently went on to get my highest mercenaries scores with HUNK.

I mean, the sole fact that his name is quite often written in ALL CAPS already makes him a boss.

Got to be RE 2 Leon. I prefer this version of him, first day on the job and he has to deal with a full on zombie outbreak. Did not feel the same way with the 4 and 6 version.

Senoculum

Ah, it's so cool to see many RE fans. My favourite franchise. :D

And even though I already said Chris and Claire; I have to also put H.U.N.K. aka Human Unit Never Killed! His badass levels are through the roof.

AdaWong

A professional spy in a lost city..
tumblr_mcdccpAE871qettp9o1_500.gif

..where she met someone that changed something inside her..
tumblr_lyfudr3Wqj1qcq2vho1_500.gif

..she returns the favor by sacrificing herself to him..
chrome_2013_03_20_21_50_42_10_new_by_ladyannett-d62d6lo.gif

...but somehow manages to survive and leave the town..
tumblr_n3vxcjeecX1sc50xyo2_250.gif

tumblr_na4lnmK9CN1s6ub5do1_r1_500.gif

..she meets him again in style..
tumblr_mk50z8mHNs1rtl6fvo1_500.gif

That's enough, I'm too lazy to go over RE:ORC, RE:UC, RE4, RE:Damnation and RE6.

But bonus:
original.gif

Literally GOAT.

Lothar

Banned
Claire from Code Veronica by far
Then Jill from RE1 and RE3
Then Leon from RE4

Chris is the worst. Generic muscle guy.

nico2409

Neo Member
Leon because RE2 and RE4 but since RE6 not anymore. He did act like a fool.

Honestly Crapcom ruined all characters for me (Chris "Steroid" Redfield in RE5 and recent with Claires meth-drugs-look).

King Boo

well chris is my favorite, but after some consideration i thought up of this list
1) chris. one of the few nonstatic characters in the series. actually shows emotion and changes. fought super wesker several times, and lived. could be doing something else than being in the monster marine force, but still chooses to help out like that.

1.5) claire. she's pretty normal but still triumphs over evil in each game. her best game yet was code veronica, but maybe the next one will be better.

2) jill. she was in re1, one of the best games i ever played. i also like how tragedy happens all around her, and she still manages to make it out ok.

3) barry. wears a cool reddish vest, and said some funny lines. looking forward to playing his next game

4) jake/sherry. sherry is quite the survivor. i forgot how she even survived in re2 before claire and leon found her, but i'm sure how she did it was impressive. now she's saving someone in re6, and has a nice healing power. jake has some of his dad's coolness which is enough to make it to the list

Top Bottom