• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

Silky

Banned
jill-jump.gif

Xav

1) Leon - Resident Evil 2 & 4.
2) Jill - Resident Evil Remake & Resident Evil 3.
3) Chris - Resident Evil Remake, 5 & 6.
4) Claire - Resident Evil 2 & Code Veronica.
5) Ada Wong - Resident Evil 2 & 4.

Special mention: Barry Burton for comedy reasons. (original Resident Evil)

Fuck you: Jake Muller & Sheva Alomar.

Silky

Banned
I can't understand why people would be against Sheva. She's a very interesting character.

Yes her sole purpose of the series is to swear vengeance on the people involved in her parents' murder but through the entirety of RE5, the development between her and Chris stars off from mutual/business partnership and evolves into a friendship. Within time Chris begins opening himself up about his (overrated) past and the guilt he's suffered over 'probably' letting Jill die. Which leads her into getting herself involved in the search for Jill--this person she doesn't even know, but is going to save based off the trust/bond or whatever she has for Chris.

Incredibly loyal, faithful to the roots she grew up in, extremely intelligent, and well designed as a character. Can't see why people would be against Sheva.

What, you guys can't relate or something?

Fruitster

Jill easily. Resi 5 Chris and Claire I like too, but the others I've never warmed to. Mercenaries, its easily Wesker and Barry

Alo0oy

Banned
I can't understand why people would be against Sheva. She's a very interesting character.

Yes her sole purpose of the series is to swear vengeance on the people involved in her parents' murder but through the entirety of RE5, the development between her and Chris stars off from mutual/business partnership and evolves into a friendship. Within time Chris begins opening himself up about his (overrated) past and the guilt he's suffered over 'probably' letting Jill die. Which leads her into getting herself involved in the search for Jill--this person she doesn't even know, but is going to save based off the trust/bond or whatever she has for Chris.

Incredibly loyal, faithful to the roots she grew up in, extremely intelligent, and well designed as a character. Can't see why people would be against Sheva.

What, you guys can't relate or something?

It's not that Sheva is an unlikable person, her character was just uninteresting & boring, she didn't have an interesting arc at all, she was just the AI that kept dying or didn't revive you.

Leon is so awesome
and hot as hell
, he is my favourite RE character.

Barry is pretty cool too, his " I HAVE THIS" and "Jill Sandwich" lines make him one of the best characters ever.

Silky

Banned
It's not that Sheva is an unlikable person, her character was just uninteresting & boring, she didn't have an interesting arc at all, she was just the AI that kept dying or didn't revive you.

It's hard to have an arc about Sheva when the game is so hard on for Chris' melodramatic 'bawwww jill' bullshit.

I found her interesting. I also didn't have problems with her during my solo runs so *shrug*

strafer

It's hard to have an arc about Sheva when the game is so hard on for Chris' melodramatic 'bawwww jill' bullshit.

I found her interesting. I also didn't have problems with her during my solo runs so *shrug*

Yeah man, Sheva has saved my ass more times than I can remember.

Alo0oy

Banned

It's not like Chris was interesting in RE5 either, I blame the writers, Sheva had potential but they wrote jackshit for her, the only interesting characters in RE5 were the villains (Wesker, Russian lady, &
Jill
).

Silky

Banned
It's not like Chris was interesting in RE5 either, I blame the writers, Sheva had potential but they wrote jackshit for her, the only interesting characters in RE5 were the villains (Wesker, Russian lady, &
Jill
).

Jill was at her worst in RE5. I hate they went the fucking Shadaloo/Cammy route bullshit with her. Jill's fate should've remained a mystery in RE5 and settled in RE6.

Kinyou

Helena is the secret best new character in RE6. Unlike Leon who's hell bent on doing all of this ridiculous shit just to simp for Ada, Helena actually has ~CHARACTER DEVEOPMENT~ through the entirety of her campaign. She reminds me a lot of Jill in RE3.
Yeah, I felt similar. Hope this wasn't the last we saw of her

Senoculum

RE5 Chris - solely because of the performance. Great voice actor and great physicality in how he moves; Chris looks and feels like a strong, badass dude. I'd also argue he's the most "brave" out of all the characters as he's most likely to jump head first into danger.

I also like Claire Redfield. Shotgun-toting girl next door. Her role in RE2 felt like something out of Aliens: motherly and pissed, and an affinity to large weapons.

My girlfriend loves Leon for his crass humour and too-cool-for-school attitude. He comes across as an intelligent dude who's seen some shit. A strong survivor who doesn't do anything stupid and relies on his wits and athleticism.

It's an awesome cast, really.

Top Bottom