• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist

Mbrill82

Definitely Leon is my #1 favorite but followed closely by Jill/Chris.
They've got the benefit of being the first but they've also been (I feel) represented well in later games and as the series oldest characters have the most in-game history.

Faustus

Banned

Nemmy

Claire Redfield, one of my favourite female protagonists in any game ever. She's a rare case of a videogame character that I actually find relatable, believable and all-around "nice", while still being a total badass when the situation demands it. It's a shame Capcom forgot about her for so many years, hopefully Rev 2 does her justice.
Number 2. would be Leon. Call me crazy but I think that not only is his evolution between RE2 and RE4 justified, but also the "thing" he has going on with Ada could make for a really interesting plot if the writers decided to exploit it - if the agency he's working for found out he has a questionable relationship with a bioterrorist agent, he'd be in much more trouble than when he "killed" the president. I'd love to play an RE game where such a thing happens.
Incidentally Ada is number 3. The only really "grey" character in the series (though a bit more oriented towards the good side in RE6). Deadly and stylish.
I also really liked Jake in RE6 for some reason. He's definitely my favourite recent addition to the cast.

I'm not a fan of the original STARS members tbh. I don't care about Helena or Sheva either (regarding Sheva, I think RE5 was too focused on Chris, and it resulted in her transition from a random operational partner to a loyal friend risking her life for him being unbelievable - it just felt like the writes decided "why of course she follows him, he's a HERO after all"). The rest of the characters are somewhere in the middle.

RE4 Leon, all day everyday. He's not overly cocky, but he's got skills. His outfits are all amazing, especially the throwback RE2 one. He's got smarts, too. Like Ada says in RE4, Leon is "practically a genius." He also
said "no" to Ashley
, which means he knows he can do even better. Wow. He's got a cheesy charisma carried over from RE2, but not as heavy-handed. And that cheesy haircut makes him look like a relative of David Bowie's. And any association with David Bowie automatically increases your awesomeness levels. Oh yea, and in RE2 he gets custom parts for the shotgun and magnum. Godlike weapons, if you ask me.

1) R.P.D. outfit RE4 Leon
2) Gangster outfit RE4 Leon
3) Regular outfit RE4 Leon
4) RE2 Leon

Chris in RE1 was a badass. And he wasn't on steroids, so that automatically makes him better than RE5 Chris. (Or "Beats by Dre" Revelations Chris). Oh yea, and that intro in Biohazard where the live action Chris is smoking a cigarette = badass.

5) RE1 Chris

Jill is, of course, awesome. She's a master of lock picking, has a sandwich named after her, and told Nemesis to buzz off.

6) RE3 regular Jill
7) RE3 "Regina" Jill
8) RE1 Jill -- that beret, yo, pretty much iconic at this point.

And the people claiming Sheva is a crappy character: hmmmmmm, NO. She's awesome. Capcom did drop the ball, in terms of developing her further.

1. Always has been Mr. Kennedy bc of RE2. I'm glad they brought RE4 back with him too.

2. Ada would be my next. Everything about her is likable

3. Chris was way out of the radar.. until he punched a boulder.

I can't understand why people would be against Sheva. She's a very interesting character.

Yes her sole purpose of the series is to swear vengeance on the people involved in her parents' murder but through the entirety of RE5, the development between her and Chris stars off from mutual/business partnership and evolves into a friendship. Within time Chris begins opening himself up about his (overrated) past and the guilt he's suffered over 'probably' letting Jill die. Which leads her into getting herself involved in the search for Jill--this person she doesn't even know, but is going to save based off the trust/bond or whatever she has for Chris.

Incredibly loyal, faithful to the roots she grew up in, extremely intelligent, and well designed as a character. Can't see why people would be against Sheva.

What, you guys can't relate or something?
The end of 5 made me annoyed with Sheva,
Wesker the series villain, who got Chris and Jill involved in all this shit, especially with all the stuff Wesker did to Jill in 5...
And freaking Sheva is handed the RPG to finish him off with Chris.....
Absolutely awful.

Actually love 5 besides that single thing.

LUXURY

I would have to say Claire Redfield followed by Leon Kennedy. I don't know if it's because they were the first characters I was introduced to or what, but I love them both. I don't really dislike any of them either, but some of them have become overused in my opinion.

Ralemont

not me
Claire - she actually felt like a pretty normal human being, or at least as normal as someone wearing a hot pink biker outfit can be. Plus, she had pretty a unique voice.

Ralemont

not me
Jill was at her worst in RE5. I hate they went the fucking Shadaloo/Cammy route bullshit with her. Jill's fate should've remained a mystery in RE5 and settled in RE6.

Considering how awful Chris's campaign is in RE6, they should have just saved the Chris/Jill/Wesker plotline for that game and made RE5 all about Sheva.

Or they could just stop putting Chris in games, since I'm fucking sick of him by now.

The best thing RE6 did was introduce Jake and Sherry as potential main protagonists going forward. New OTP in the REverse, for sure. Sherry is like a goddamn Wolverine with guns.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Jill.

But you know, the whole cast is really great each character really has their moment, even the one off characters like Sheva and Billy. Jill is just so cool though, her baseball cap BSAA costume from RE5 is probably my favorite version of her.

Shit looks so tacticool.

Leon and Claire as a close second

1: Jill, particularly the sassy, borderline insane RE3 version.
2: Leon, because fuck you physics and realism.
3: Ada, for being a more suave but less hilariously unhinged Leon although she does get a nod for being able to jump into helicopters from above.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I forgot to mention that I really like Parker, as well. He played a similar role to Barry as the "friendly face" of his respective game, but his similar age to Jill made their relationship seem like less of a mentor/student and more of a buddy cop thing. Really nice guy all around, too. I hope he shows up in RE7.

Pilgrimzero

Probably Claire for being the most down to earth normal person of the group. I'm sure the new RE staring her will crap all over that.

Jill is just so cool though, her baseball cap BSAA costume from RE5 is probably my favorite version of her.
Love the BSAA costume but it kinda bugs me, it was designed to match Chris Africa "casual" gear which goes well together,
but they end up using it in the flashback when she should be better equiped.

Shozuki

Well, It's kinda tough for me to split between Leon (both RE2 and RE4) and Wesker (RE5)...

Have a soft spot for Billy too...

BadWolf

All of them?
Well i do have a soft spot for Leon. And after 6 i want more Ada too. I love Ada.

Generally speaking they did a good job with all the leads in RE6, wouldn't mind any of them coming back.

Even Sherry, who I thought had big potential to suck, was very well done.

Ralemont

not me
Chris' campaign was the best of 6 for me as it knew exactly what it was and wanted to be unlike the others.

I prefer campaigns with a worthy design goal even if they stumble to achieve it than the generic action pace of Chris's campaign. To me, Jake & Sherry's campaign is by far the best, not only because it has the most interesting character moments but because it actually tries to do something that feels like Resident Evil. Admittedly it also has awful stuff like the motorcyle sequence.

Of course it's possible to dismiss this post as yet another RE fan salty that it went from horror to action, and I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

Rookie Cop Leon S. Kennedy just barely pulls ahead of Jill for me, but I love them both.

RE5 would have been much more interesting with Chris actually being affected by the things he's seen or PTSD or whatever, as the initial teaser trailers suggested. Some of that seemed to carry over to RE6 but he just ended up a lame drunk with the worst sidekick of all time.

Sheva is also criminally underrated, I'd like to see her return.

Top Bottom