• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m I being a coward or is she selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

Let me say this before you read this post. I would protect my GF from any REAL life situation
Now Gaf I need you to settle a debate me and my GF are having. I didn’t want to make this thread, but she asks me to. Since Gaf will have a unbiased opinion.

I always believe that it’s the little details that show someone’s character. My GF and I every Friday watch a horror movie. It’s a fun thing we do, talk about the characters what we would do in these movies things like that. Last week we watched “Jeepers Creepers” the movie about the monster we eats human for 23 days in spring then goes to sleep for 23 years to do it all over again. We watched the sequel today and my GF asked what I would do to protect her. I told her I’ll throw some paprika on her and set the dinner plate I’m not getting killed. Okay I know what you’re saying, “You’re an asshole you wouldn’t try protect your GF” That’s fair, but let’s examine some facts.

1. The Creeper only kills who he wants to eat, so He wouldn’t need to kill me
2. She can try to survive those 23 days and then get to live for another 23 years
3. I told if it was the other way around I wouldn’t involve her

This is where I was like you selfish. She asks me if I survive the 23 days would you still be with me. I said the only thing any human would say. Fuck NO! The whole point is when the Creeper gets your scent he has it for life that mean 23 years he still going try eat her. I can’t start family like this, and she said she would. In the 23 years she would have kids and get married. How you going to start a family knowing when your 44 a monster is going to come eat you. That’s some selfish shit right there.

She must think my last name is Winchester.

Edit-This is not a serious argument.

terrisus

I told her I’ll throw some paprika on her and set the dinner plate

uwot.jpg

Also:

How you going to start a family knowing when your 44 a monster is going to come eat you. That’s some selfish shit right there.

Considering I may very well be dead before I'm 44...

No, you're not "being a coward."
You're being a jerk.

This thread is great. OP, you're awesome for making me laugh.

How you going to start a family knowing when your 44 a monster is going to come eat you.

Something about this sentence is hilarious to me. The pure absurdity of it? Or maybe I'm just imagining a middle-aged soccer mom trying to ignore that she's being pursued by a monster. It's just funny to me.

Tagyhag

Its a movie with a situation that will never happen. Just say you'll protect her no matter what and move on. No reason to argue over a silly scenario.

What do you have to lose? The real monster showing up and being like "What now motherfucker"?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should've told her you'd look up the lore first, and then call up your angel friend to do some bromantic smiting.

vypek

What the hell?

Wait...so this jeeper creeper guy is has no interest in you and only interested in eating your girlfriend. Can't you just set up a trap or kill him when he comes back in 23 years? If the only objective of the monster is to eat her why wouldn't you try to stop him anyways? Does he kill people who intervene?

All I remember from the movie is seeing the first one not too long before its sequel and thought it was stupid.

EDIT: Also, why didn't you just say you would kill it to protect her?

I told her I’ll throw some paprika on her and set the dinner plate

I'm dying.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you're just thinking long-term. In the short-term, you're a dick for covering your gf with paprika and assembling the proper silverware but thinking about what happens next and whether its pointless or not isn't really something people often consider (or need to).

The sun is going to blow up tomorrow, do I just go and eat my immediate family because there's no point?

Sounds like a pointless argument, just assure her that you love her and would do the best that you can in an actual scenario.

rrc1594

What the hell?

Wait...so this jeeper creeper guy is has no interest in you and only interested in eating your girlfriend. Can't you just set up a trap or kill him when he comes back in 23 years? If the only objective of the monster is to eat her why wouldn't you try to stop him anyways? Does he kill people who intervene?

All I remember from the movie is seeing the first one not too long before its sequel and thought it was stupid.

He will kill you if you intervene

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Let me say this before you read this post. I would protect my GF from any REAL life situation
Now Gaf I need you to settle a debate me and my GF are having. I didn’t want to make this thread, but she asks me to. Since Gaf will have a unbiased opinion.

I always believe that it’s the little details that show someone’s character. My GF and I every Friday watch a horror movie. It’s a fun thing we do, talk about the characters what we would do in these movies things like that. Last week we watched “Jeepers Creepers” the movie about the monster we eats human for 23 days in spring then goes to sleep for 23 years to do it all over again. We watched the sequel today and my GF asked what I would do to protect her. I told her I’ll throw some paprika on her and set the dinner plate I’m not getting killed. Okay I know what you’re saying, “You’re an asshole you wouldn’t try protect your GF” That’s fair, but let’s examine some facts.

1. The Creeper only kills who he wants to eat, so He wouldn’t need to kill me
2. She can try to survive those 23 days and then get to live for another 23 years
3. I told if it was the other way around I wouldn’t involve her

This is where I was like you selfish. She asks me if I survive the 23 days would you still be with me. I said the only thing any human would say. Fuck NO! The whole point is when the Creeper gets your scent he has it for life that mean 23 years he still going try eat her. I can’t start family like this, and she said she would. In the 23 years she would have kids and get married. How you going to start a family knowing when your 44 a monster is going to come eat you. That’s some selfish shit right there.

She must think my last name is Winchester.

You are both insane.

DOWN

Banned
I desperately hope you don't break up over Jeepers Creepers but I desperately need you to let us know if you do break up over Jeepers Creepers.

At first I thought this was going to be about her not being able to take a joke. However you went above and beyond and it just seems crazy.

Epcott

We're you two smoking doobie snacks while watching this?

Real answer: She sounds overly sensitive. Also, ya dun goofed.

terrisus

If she survives the 23 days and comes after her in 23 years, just lay a trap. I'm sure you could plan one out in that time to stop him.

Heck, if you have 23 years, just go to Mars.
He can't get you there!

Unless he's an Alien Zombie

v1lla21

OP so if she manages to survive those days of hunting, can you not come up with a way to kill the motherfucker if he comes by again in 23 years? Like you'll know he's coming so why not take some preventive measures and set up a trap?

slit

Okay, first of all those movies suck so let's talk reality.

What do you do to protect you GF if someone breaks into your house? Say it's a couple of people.

rrc1594

OP so if she manages to survive those days of hunting, can you not come up with a way to kill the motherfucker if he comes by again in 23 years? Like you'll know he's coming so why not take some preventive measures and set up a trap?

In the movies they didn't kill him. He end up eating who he wanted to eat

Okay, first of all those movies suck so let's talk reality.

What do you do to protect you GF if someone breaks into your house? Say it's a couple of people.

That's why I put in the OP I would protect her from any real life crisis

I said the only thing any human would say. Fuck NO!

that's where you failed.

you were supposed to say that you would stay with her for 23 years, but then do what's best for the kids and take them on a trip just before the creeper comes back and you really hope she was still alive when you guys got back from your amazing trip around the world. but if not you would tell them that she loves them very much and did this to protect them.

Gamerloid

You're both wack. She asked you to make this thread and you complied. You two are definitely out of good debates if this is supposed to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom