• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Justice League’ Rumor: Extensive Reshoots Have Completely ‘Remade’ the Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

‘Justice League' Rumor: Extensive Reshoots Have Completely ‘Remade' the Movie

Reshoots are a part of the movie-making business. And it can seem overzealous to simply report on the fact that reshoots are happening — trust me, I'm as tired of these kind of stories as you are, especially when they act like this is something out of the ordinary. In many cases, they're a good thing and help make a good movie great. But when reports say that Justice League has essentially been ”remade...twice" after ”significant" reshoots, and is looking at even more reshoots down the barrel, that's seems — well — significant.

Splash Report cites an anonymous source that claims that since Justice League wrapped production in October 2016, the tentpole DC Extended Universe film has been plagued with reshoots, with Warner Bros. putting nearly all their resources into completely overhauling the movie. The website claims:

Speaking on a condition of anonymity, [our source] said that in the 17 months between the start of principal photography and the final cut arriving in theaters in November that the film will have essentially been ”remade...twice."

And the studio is not done. In addition to reshoots and on-the-spot rewrites — which star and producer Ben Affleck had reportedly ordered when he arrived on the Justice League set — Warner Bros. has scheduled even more additional photography. The source told Splash Report:

”There are more reshoots COMING SOON. There have been a bunch but they're going to do MORE."

The movie, which hits theaters this November, wrapped production in October last year, but has been undergoing reshoots well into this spring, which Splash Report gleaned from star Jason Momoa‘s delayed Aquaman solo film (originally set to hit theaters July 27, 2018 and then October 5, 2018, it is now aiming for a December 21, 2018 release), as well as his recently cancelled Oz Comic-Con appearance in March.

Justice League may yet be saved from the same fate. Rogue One was a success story, a blockbuster that underwent major reshoots and was ultimately well-received by critics and the box office. As we mentioned at the top of this post: reshoots should usually be seen as a sign that filmmakers want to make a movie better.

i feel like every DC movie has reshoots and the articles always start with "Reshoots are a part of the movie-making business" so that we hope the movie doesn't suck. Then it sucks.

fhqwhgads

Considering the original version of Suicide Squad sounds like it was superior (not that it says much) i am not optimistic here.

Penguin

As others will point out, the timing doesn't seem to make sense

I guess would be with individuals

But Gal was preggo through March

Henry was off filming MI 6 with a different look

Ben was in rehab for a bit

Jason's now in Australia.

I mean I don't doubt there was reshoots, but curious when

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
As mentioned in the article this is standard practice as most if not all of the movies I've worked on had several reshoots for more than 75% of the movie.

Heck one movie didn't even have the last 45 minutes and it was out in 2 months!

Slayven

Just saying
07-kate-mara-f4-wig.w750.h560.2x.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They know how important it is to stick the landing here. If we're in a world where Deadpool 2 ends up outgrossing the first big Justice League movie, then something is up with their brand. It's not that these movies are failing, it's that they should be making so much more money.

I'm still more excited for Thor: Ragnarok, so DC needs to get it together here. I want to like this!

Well it does come from anonymous tip...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So instead of an ultimate cut, we'll get a completely different movie for the Bluray. Nice.

Ninjimbo

Hmm, the doom train on this movie is arriving a tad too early. I guess you gotta kill off the positive WW buzz in some fashion.

Weren't most of the reshoots in rogue one the pointless and disconnected bits at the start? Because I'd not call those a success story, they made the movie start on a bad note.

Don't know if these rumors are true or not but this was expected anyway. WB's biggest mistake was to start shooting Justice League just two weeks after BvS came out. Of course they went into panic mode.

Oh well, I never had any expectations for this film and with Aquaman ready to go next year and Matt Reeves on Batman, I feel like JL is just the last band-aid we need to rip off. Who knows, it might end up being passable and even if it's not, nobody will be surprised.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

QUOTING SO PEOPLE DON'T FALL FOR THE BS RUMOR

jrush64

Banned
As mentioned in the article this is standard practice as most if not all of the movies I've worked on had several reshoots for more than 75% of the movie.

Heck one movie didn't even have the last 45 minutes and it was out in 2 months!

Do not let common movie practice get in the way of some people's confirmation bias that the movie is going to suck.

Blader

Wait, wasn't Gal pregnant for Wonder Woman? I could've sworn I read something about her doing stunts for that movie while pregnant, but WW couldn't have just wrapped a couple months ago (unless those were for reshoots?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom