• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Anticipation Thread of Stuff and Thaaangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWD is like that one restaurant you went to years ago that was amazing. It's never lived up to that first meal, yet you keep going back hoping it will. Every time new management comes in and takes it over, it starts to pick up, and you really believe it's going to be as good as before. But it always ends with you crying, shitting diarrhoea all over your toilet, wondering why you gave it yet another chance.

This time I really think it's going to be different though. I really do.
:(

well at least this season might be the best season with andrea and lori dead.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Eh, it's okay. It's probably my least favorite poster they've done so far.

TWD is like that one restaurant you went to years ago that was amazing. It's never lived up to that first meal, yet you keep going back hoping it will. Every time new management comes in and takes it over, it starts to pick up, and you really believe it's going to be as good as before. But it always ends with you crying, shitting diarrhoea all over your toilet, wondering why you gave it yet another chance.

This is...a very apt comparison. lol

This time I really think it's going to be different though. I really do.
:(

me too man, me too

In GImple We Trust!

- AMC Content: AMC, Instructure and UC Irvine to Offer Free Online Course Based on The Walking Dead
Ever wonder how you’d fare in a zombie apocalypse? AMC, Instructure and the University of California, Irvine today announced the joint production of a massive open online course (MOOC) exploring a broad range of topics through the lens of a hypothetical zombie apocalypse.

The free, eight-week MOOC, titled “Society, Science, Survival: Lessons from AMC’s The Walking Dead,” will be offered on Instructure’s MOOC platform, Canvas Network, and will be taught by a multidisciplinary team of UC Irvine faculty: Zuzana Bic, public health; Joanne Christopherson, social sciences; Michael Dennin physics; and Sarah Eichhorn, mathematics.

Enrollment in The Walking Dead course is currently available to anyone in the world via Canvas.net/TWD. The first class is scheduled for Mon., Oct. 14, the day after the Season 4 premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead. The course will run for eight consecutive Mondays through Dec. 2. Because the series will air at different times around the world, Canvas Network will put in place provisions to help international participants avoid spoilers.

“The education industry continues to experiment with MOOCs and is yielding insights into how to economically educate on a global scale,” said Instructure CEO Josh Coates. “The Walking Dead MOOC by UC Irvine will explore new ways to teach serious multidisciplinary academic curriculum in a popular social context that is engaging.”

Weakest key art the show has done in my opinion, but it's not bad by any means. I like how the show keeps the key art simple and clean.

The key art for seasons 1 and 3 are very strong.

Christopher

I think for me its just where can the show go? It doesn't seem to have a actual point beyond surviving the zombie apocalypse but what at first seemed exciting is just dull its a full on soap opera with zombies on the background.

I think it be interesting at least to see dome kind of cure introduced or the prospect of a cure

Alpende

I think for me its just where can the show go? It doesn't seem to have a actual point beyond surviving the zombie apocalypse but what at first seemed exciting is just dull its a full on soap opera with zombies on the background.

I think it be interesting at least to see dome kind of cure introduced or the prospect of a cure

The show has to move forward like they do in the comics. In my opinion they've stayed at the prison for too long and now in season 4 they're staying there as well. That makes it dull for me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think for me its just where can the show go? It doesn't seem to have a actual point beyond surviving the zombie apocalypse

The Walking Dead is more about character than plot. It's always going to be about people who are just trying to survive and/or thrive in the zombie apocalypse while at the same time trying to make a (semi happy) life for themselves and their friends. There isn't really an end game or anything like that.

I think that's one of the things that sort of sets The Walking Dead apart from other pieces of zombie fiction. There is no cure and no white light at the end of the tunnel - there is no future without zombies. Zombies are always going to be around and the living are going to be living under the constant threat of danger until the day they die.

The show has to move forward like they do in the comics. In my opinion they've stayed at the prison for too long and now in season 4 they're staying there as well. That makes it dull for me.

But remember, in the comics, they stayed at the prison for a really long time too. The show hasn't even really explored very many of the comic's prison storylines yet - they still have a lot of stories left to tell and pull from.

Plus, I'm sure that the sets were very expensive and (comics)
I'm sure they want to get the most out of them before they move the show to a new location. AMC is cheap, but I can understand their desire to get the most out of each set. (Not that AMC is forcing the writers to keep the characters at the prison to save money. I don't know if that's the case.)

Finally worked my way through the first three seasons after a couple of attempts. This show is so poorly written at times that it's a little mind-blowing. Hopefully they've learned from the past and Season 4 will be the start of the Golden Age.

Also, Rick is a shit actor and character. And why is Carl always sweaty?

T-Dog :(

Alpende

But remember, in the comics, they stayed at the prison for a really long time too. The show hasn't even really explored very many of the comic's prison storylines yet - they still have a lot of stories left to tell and pull from.

Maybe I remember it differently then, I thought they moved on pretty quickly from the prison to another location. I just hope they ditch the prison in the earlier episodes or at the mid-season finale.

The Walking Dead is the only TV series I know in which the Pilot episode is the best of the whole bunch. Fucking abysmal series.
Bad writing, bad actors, AMAZING special effects.

Nicotero is the only reason I'll continue watch this piece of shit.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Maybe I remember it differently then, I thought they moved on pretty quickly from the prison to another location. I just hope they ditch the prison in the earlier episodes or at the mid-season finale.

(comics)
They stayed there for seven months in the comics. I think they've only been there for a month or two in the show.

someday

Banned
I don't really have a problem with them still being in the prison. There is a lot that can happen there without Woodbury as a primary, and somewhat dull, antagonist. Especially if they want to do more character driven stories. Walkers are still surrounding the prison and they have a lot of new residents who aren't killing machines. I'm ok with this as long as the Governor isn't a focal point all season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Question: What’s new on the Walking Dead front? I’d love something on Daryl and Carol. —Jeff
Ausiello:
They’re going to face “some really intense, scary, very detail-oriented zombies” in Season 4, teases series creator Robert Kirkman. “More so than anything you’ve seen thus far.” However, don’t look for Dead‘s walkers to evolve into World War Z-caliber sprinters. “As far as changing their methods or behavior or evolving in any kind of major way, that’s really just not the point of the show,” he maintains. “The show is about these characters. And the zombies are present and they will always be a threat, but the show isn’t really about these creatures evolving into something new.”

Source

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Extended Walking Dead Sneak Peek (spoilers)

Info:

It's been 6-7 months since the season 3 finale.

"Rick and his battle-weary society of survivors on The Walking Dead are about to get the last thing they need — a new freakin’ threat that is “not really walkers” nor is it “other people,” co-executive producer Denise Huth teases in the following extended preview of the AMC smash’s fourth season. “The relative safety that they’ve created at the prison begins to fall apart.”

“You can’t put your finger on where it’s going to come next,” adds EP Greg Nicotero, allowing only that “it’s from the inside.”

So, (comics)
since they've ruled out that this threat is not:
#1: Walkers, #2: Other people (ruling out the serial killer), or #3: Weather, since it's from the inside, I'm guessing that it's got to be a disease or sickness that's unrelated to the zombie virus.
What else could it possibly be?

Extended Walking Dead Sneak Peek (spoilers)

Info:

It's been 6-7 months since the season 3 finale.

"Rick and his battle-weary society of survivors on The Walking Dead are about to get the last thing they need — a new freakin’ threat that is “not really walkers” nor is it “other people,” co-executive producer Denise Huth teases in the following extended preview of the AMC smash’s fourth season. “The relative safety that they’ve created at the prison begins to fall apart.”

“You can’t put your finger on where it’s going to come next,” adds EP Greg Nicotero, allowing only that “it’s from the inside.”

So, (comics)
since they've ruled out that this threat is not:
#1: Walkers, #2: Other people (ruling out the serial killer), or #3: Weather, since it's from the inside, I'm guessing that it's got to be a disease or sickness that's unrelated to the zombie virus.
What else could it possibly be?

(Comic:)
I interpreted "other people" to mean that its not an external group of people outside of "Rick's group" which means the threat coming from the "inside" could in fact be "the serial killer" storyline where the killer is someone in their own group.

Trigger

I interpreted "other people" to mean that its not an external group of people outside of "Rick's group" which means the threat coming from the "inside" could in fact be "the serial killer" storyline where the killer is someone in their own group.

Lord, I could totally see them
taking the serial killer storyline and extending it for an episode or two
to pad the season out. I hope that's not the case.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Maybe so. I guess we'll see!

It's quite obvious that it's their
psychological state

Eh, that's something the show has already explored for a while now.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'm tapping out. I didn't like season 2 or 3. After what I've been treated to for sticking with Dexter, I don't want to keep watching a show hopefully get better for years again.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
BzEKf1j.png

strobogo

Banned
The black guy who had to get killed so they could get a new black guy who also got killed so they could get a new black guy?

Kronotech

My girlfriend and I Netflix'd the shit outta this show in about 3 weeks and then rented season 3 and blasted through last weekend. I never realized how good this show was until I noticed I hadn't changed my underwear for about a month.

This show is amazing and I'm so happy I joined the team. Thanks. You're welcome.

Sometimes I come into this thread and I see a lot of stuff blacked out.

You know... thaaaaaangs.

Does TWD not have a dedicated spoiler thread? Especially with a show based on a comic book, you'd think that'd be a pretty good idea. I like the way that the BB threads have been set up. Spoilers, leaks, and promos for unaired episodes go in the spoiler thread while talk of only east coast aired episodes stay in the main thread, spoilered/black boxed when necessary.

I'd rather they hire the writers instead.

DWeq7nd.jpg

In Gimple we trust

Trigger

I'd rather they hire the writers instead.

lol, that would be nice too.

Why do you want their careers stained by this shit-series? I haven't seen D'Angelo's actor in years and it saddens me that I have to see TWD to see him again.

Can't a guy just want to see Stringer Bell beating the shit out of zombies?

Besides, being on one of cable's most watched new TV series is hardly a "stain" on anyone's career. ;p

lol, that would be nice too.

Can't a guy just want to see Stringer Bell beating the shit out of zombies?

Besides, being on one of cable's most watched new TV series is hardly a "stain" on anyone's career. ;p

Lol C. Hall made Dexter which is one of SHO's biggest success, I promise you, he himself considers that a stain in his career.
Idris Elba in TWD would make him do a lot of money maybe, but it's being in The Wire that made him a legend. TWD will be forgotten in 50 years without a doubt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol C. Hall made Dexter which is one of SHO's biggest success, I promise you, he himself considers that a stain in his career.
Idris Elba in TWD would make him do a lot of money maybe, but it's being in The Wire that made him a legend. TWD will be forgotten in 50 years without a doubt.

Source for Michael C. Hall considering Dexter a stain on his career? I will even let you get a pass on this if you show an interview where he remotely hints at being ashamed of Dexter.

Well that's one opinion.

I repeat: this show has its flaws, but at the end of the day: we are getting a syndicated television show with zombies. Not vampires with shiny skin.

Zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom