• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Anticipation Thread of Stuff and Thaaangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
de3Nphs.jpg
It's good to get things back on track.

Edit: Top of the new page, and it should be the top of every new page ever.

Jesus dude. Boner killer.

It's like scroll down this page and it's

Lauren Cohan looking sexy
Sassy Rick Grimes
Sassy Rick Grimes
Steve Yeun judging you fapping to above.

I say we keep this going....

Nothing stops this train.gif

187_laurencohan_sl3x.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How hype is GAF for Season Four? I'm new to the community. Many people around here fans of the show?!

The Walking Dead is one of the most popular TV shows on GAF, though I think that most people here have very mixed-to-negative feeling towards the show overall.

I, however, am excited to see what Scott Gimple brings to the table as the new showrunner. He's one of the strongest writers the series has had to date and I'm hopeful that he can right some of the wrongs that the past showrunners committed.

And welcome! :)

someday

Banned
How hype is GAF for Season Four? I'm new to the community. Many people around here fans of the show?!

I'm excited about this new season. I think not being able to compare this to the comic books (like I fully admit I did for all of Season 3) will make this more enjoyable. I feel like the comparison set me and the show up for failure.

I would say cautiously hyped. The series has been a roller coaster, with some great highs and some terrible lows. Unfortunately I thought the finale of S3 was one of the low points of the entire series. That being said, I'm hopeful that Gimple is going to ratchet things back up and get things moving in the right direction quickly.

I've never read a shred of the comics so I don't care at all about whether anything in the show has anything to do with anything in the comics.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think not being able to compare this to the comic books (like I fully admit I did for all of Season 3) will make this more enjoyable. I feel like the comparison set me and the show up for failure.

Why can't you compare this upcoming season to the comics?

stktt

Banned
As someone that stopped watching season 3 after "Clear", is there much point to finishing it or should I just read a synopsis and wait for 4?

SamuraiX-

As someone that stopped watching season 3 after "Clear", is there much point to finishing it or should I just read a synopsis and wait for 4?

Why would you stop watching after Clear?

Most people would probably tell you that the rest of the season was all downhill from there though.

stktt

Banned
Why would you stop watching after Clear?

Most people would probably tell you that the rest of the season was all downhill from there though.

It wasn't a conscious decision. I skipped the next episode and never resumed watching.

It's only four episodes, so I might as well get them out of the way before the premiere.

someday

Banned
Why can't you compare this upcoming season to the comics?
I just figured if the "showdown" with the governor was last season yet they're still in the prison the plan must be to diverge. A lot of the prison plots could still sort of happen but there isn't really any way to mirror the comics anymore.
Comic book spoilers:
They could do the serial killer plot but the prisoners are all dead and there aren't any kids that anyone watching cares about. Tyrese doesn't have a daughter. I suppose he could hook up with Carol real quick then hook up with Michonne but that would be stupid; Lori is already dead, etc.
To be honest, I think I'll enjoy the show a lot better if I'm not comparing it to the source material. I wasted a lot of energy with that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just figured if the "showdown" with the governor was last season yet they're still in the prison the plan must be to diverge.

(comic)
I don't think that was the showdown with the Governor. I still think we'll get the scene with him on the tank and everything that follows.

A lot of the prison plots could still sort of happen but there isn't really any way to mirror the comics anymore.
Comic book spoilers:
They could do the serial killer plot but the prisoners are all dead and there aren't any kids that anyone watching cares about. Tyrese doesn't have a daughter. I suppose he could hook up with Carol real quick then hook up with Michonne but that would be stupid; Lori is already dead, etc.

Robert Kirkman sez:

Comic book fans that think the show has steered away from the comics completely will be pleasantly surprised by Season 4. Honestly, some of the closest adaptations of the comic have happened thus far is in Season 4.

So some of those things could still happen!

To be honest, I think I'll enjoy the show a lot better if I'm not comparing it to the source material. I wasted a lot of energy with that.

Probably. I think it's fun to compare, but ultimately, the show and the comic are two totally different entities and you kind of have to accept the show on its own terms if you want to actually enjoy it. The show isn't a friend to the comic purist that's for sure.

someday

Banned
(comic)
I don't think that was the showdown with the Governor. I still think we'll get the scene with him on the tank and everything that follows.

Robert Kirkman sez:

So some of those things could still happen!

Probably. I think it's fun to compare, but ultimately, the show and the comic are two totally different entities and you kind of have to accept the show on its own terms if you want to actually enjoy it. The show isn't a friend to the comic purist that's for sure.
I forgot about that Kirkman interview. Hmm, that will be interesting. Ultimately, I'm excited for the new season and just hope it's not as scattered as the last one.

The Walking Dead is one of the most popular TV shows on GAF, though I think that most people here have very mixed-to-negative feeling towards the show overall.

I, however, am excited to see what Scott Gimple brings to the table as the new showrunner. He's one of the strongest writers the series has had to date and I'm hopeful that he can right some of the wrongs that the past showrunners committed.

And welcome! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

And thank you all for the responses. That's interesting... I keep up with the show quite often -- just wanted to see if anyone else was as excited! Gimple has written some extraordinary episodes, and I can't wait to see how that translates to his taking over the show. Only a few weeks left!!

pacman85

I just figured if the "showdown" with the governor was last season yet they're still in the prison the plan must be to diverge.
Like others have said, I think the actual "showdown" with the Governor hasn't happened yet. If I would have known that they were going to still be in the prison past the season finale I don't think I would have as disappointed as I was. I was expecting a crazy showdown like in the comics and it seemed incredibly tame. I bet AMC said we spent X amount of dollars on this massive prison set built from scratch so you need to stretch out the time on that set for more than just season 3. Again, I would bet the "showdown" is still coming. Heck, the Govenor is still alive. No way, they would wrap that arc up with him still alive.

someday

Banned
Like others have said, I think the actual "showdown" with the Governor hasn't happened yet. If I would have known that they were going to still be in the prison past the season finale I don't think I would have as disappointed as I was. I was expecting a crazy showdown like in the comics and it seemed incredibly tame. I bet AMC said we spent X amount of dollars on this massive prison set built from scratch so you need to stretch out the time on that set for more than just season 3. Again, I would bet the "showdown" is still coming. Heck, the Govenor is still alive. No way, they would wrap that arc up with him still alive.

I'm over the Governor. I really don't want that to be a major (or even minor) part of next season. They blew that load with a long, tedious setup that ultimately went nowhere. There were many ways to stretch that story for two seasons if that's what they always planned on, and it certainly wasn't the way they did it. I would be happiest if the next time we see him, he's a walker and that's it.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine with them still being in the prison. There's a lot that can still happen there, especially if they actually try to make it a home. They'll still have to leave often for supplies with such a large group too so there's plenty of opportunities for tense, interesting situations.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They are going to milk TWD for years to come. I expect 2 spin off series in the next couple of years.

The series finale will be Carl's zombie-immune daughter wiping out every remaining walking dead with her lazer eyes.

raindoc

oh mah gawd... does this mean??? :O

dis season gon b gud

people thought the same thing when the prison was shown at the very end of season 2.
stay frosty.

Interested in seeing how watered down the show will get if its in its 'infancy'

the good thing about that is, that there's still a chance it will get potty trained and hence stops shitting all over the place.

inm8num2

I think Kirkman has a lot of pull over at AMC, but Sutter also likes to say things, so I don't know.

I give the benefit of the doubt here to Sutter. While he can come off as a dick in the way he's brutally honest about how he feels, what he's saying at least sounds unsurprising, especially considering how the TWD has gone through a showrunner shuffle.

I wonder how much truth there is to Kirkman's role behind the scenes? Kurt Sutter blasted him last January for meddling in the production and forcing out Mazzara and Darabont.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...rt-kirkman-he-knows-very-little-about-tv.html

hahaha oh man, it's like Ricki Lake slamming Sally Jesse Raphael for having trashy guests. I watch both shows but cmon, it's not exactly like either will ever win an emmy. Katy Sagal earned that golden globe though.

someday

Banned
people thought the same thing when the prison was shown at the very end of season 2.
stay frosty.
Yes, I remember everyone's excitement when Mazzara took over from Darabount. I don't blame the showrunners though (too much). It looks like it's AMC.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
stay frosty.

To be fair, season 3.A was significantly better than the first two seasons (barring the pilot). Things only went downhill in the second half. I'd say that people's excitement for season 3 was justified.

Yes, I remember everyone's excitement when Mazzara took over from Darabount. I don't blame the showrunners though (too much). It looks like it's AMC.

and I was one of them.

Mazzara wrote/produced a great deal of The Shield, which (IMO) is one of the best shows ever put on TV. His run started so damn promising. I simply don't believe he just 'lost it'. AMC/Kirkman meddling is much more believable to me.
Mazzara seems classy, though, so I doubt he'd ever shoot off at the mouth regarding either.

Best wishes towards Gimple. Hopefully his run lasts longer than Darabont's & Mazzara's.

- Deadline: ‘The Walking Dead’ Adds Alanna Masterson
Alanna Masterson is joining the cast of AMC’s smash The Walking Dead.
She will recur in the upcoming fourth season with an option to become a regular in Season 5 of the zombie drama. Details on her role are scarce but she will be introduced in the middle of the season as a new survivor in the world of the walking dead. There is chatter that the character might be Tara Chalmers from the comic books but the network is keeping mum.

FyAxG1B.png

To be fair, season 3.A was significantly better than the first two seasons (barring the pilot). Things only went downhill in the second half. I'd say that people's excitement for season 3 was justified.

fuck yeah it was, god I was so excited in that run, then the second half happen.
This show should of never went to 16 ep and should of stick at 13 ep. Then at least the pacing would of been better

- TWD webisodes start up Oct 1st, Nicotero directs the 3-parter
AMC’s award-winning “The Walking Dead” webisode series returns to www.amc.com and AMC’s YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/amc October 1 with three new installments. The newest series – “The Oath” – was executive produced, directed and conceived by Greg Nicotero, executive producer, director and special effects makeup designer on the hit show.

In the three webisodes (7 to 10 minutes each),
the lone survivors of a massive walker-attack, Paul (Wyatt Russell, Cowboys and Aliens) and Karina (Ashley Bell, The Last Exorcism), speed across the countryside, frantically searching for an aid-station, as one of them slowly bleeds out from a wound. Finally coming upon a hospital that has not been overrun, at first feels like a blessing, but could soon turn to misfortune, as a seemingly benevolent doctor (Ellen Greene, Little Shop of Horrors) may hide a darker agenda.

Right on the heels of directing season 4’s premiere episode, Greg Nicotero focused his sights on the most ambitious “The Walking Dead” webisode series yet. “There’s walkers, gore and new threats lurking around every turn -- all the elements that fans ‘The Walking Dead’ will love!”

Nicotero further commented, “The webisodes give us a unique opportunity to see other parts of the ravaged world of ‘The Walking Dead’ while weaving in and out of our show. The crossover between ‘The Oath’ and ‘The Walking Dead’ ties in one of the most iconic images from the series, and gives us insights and history to yet another timeline. I had worked with Ashley on The Last Exorcism and brought in Wyatt and Ellen, who rounded out the brilliant cast perfectly.”

Oh man, I try not to post in these threads since it's so hard not being able to tell you guys anything! I will say that this season should have both fans of the show and of the comics pretty excited for things to come. Trust Gimple, people; a few weeks ago, we shot (IMO) the best episode of the entire series. It's been an awesome season so far and we're still not done. Looking forward to the OT!

Oh man, I try not to post in these threads since it's so hard not being able to tell you guys anything! I will say that this season should have both fans of the show and of the comics pretty excited for things to come. Trust Gimple, people; a few weeks ago, we shot (IMO) the best episode of the entire series. It's been an awesome season so far and we're still not done. Looking forward to the OT!

Woolieswag.gif

The stars are aligning. This season will make up for the bleh second half of S3; I can feel it in my bones.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Okay.

The plot of 'The Oath' sounds pretty similar to the plot of 'Cold Storage', the second set of webisodes, though, which is weird.

Never watched the webisodes. Any good?

The first set of webisodes are fucking terrible. The second set are okay - nothing special.

How is the season shaping up so far? Best season yet? More character development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom