• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Titans’: Teagan Croft Cast As Raven In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

Ross61

EXCLUSIVE: Australian newcomer Teagan Croft has landed one of the leads, the series regular role of Raven, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. The series is slated to premiere in 2018 as one of the first series that will launch a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Written by Goldsman (Star Trek: Discovery), DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Johns (The Flash, Arrow) and Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Croft’s Raven, described as the daughter of a demon, is a powerful empath who must keep her emotions in check or risk unleashing her demonic side.

Goldsman, Johns and Berlanti Prods’ Berlanti and Schechter executive produce Titans, from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros Television.

The 13-year-old Croft stars in the upcoming Australian film The Osiris Child. Titans will mark her U.S. debut. She’s repped by UTA, Circle of Confusion and Messiner Management.
teagan-croft-raven-character.jpg

http://deadline.com/2017/08/titans-teagan-croft-cast-raven-greg-berlanti-dc-digital-series-1202142006/

Streaming service only, huh?

Two other questions: Is this part of the Arrowverse? Is DC going to stop putting their shows on Netflix?

mjc

Gonna have to work on redesigning that costume so we aren't seeing teenage thighs.

Also, DC can ram it where the sun doesn't shine for streaming shows before working on a digital comic service.

snap

Banned
Over under on body/face paint?

Gonna have to work on redesigning that costume so we aren't seeing teenage thighs.

Also, DC can ram it where the sun doesn't shine for streaming shows before working on a digital comic service.

thought this includes access to comics

also, the 2016 raven mini-series already solved the costume problem:

Glass Rebel

Huh, they are skewing very young with this. I don't think even Marvel's Runaways went this young with their casting.

I can see it.

Before any of you get yourselves into trouble, let's just post a reminder:

uh yea everybody can see that she's a child but thanks for the reminder I guess
gucci3.png

aly

They better not make Beast Boy and Raven the kiddies of the group. Hoping everyone is around the same age. Even if it means we get Robin over Nightwing.

Ogodei

Huh, seems like they're going younger than I expected with this.

Definitely. Although Raven's the one where they can get away with it more, since her thing being a child of doom means her relationship with the rest of the team would be like an orphan in their custody, kind of like in the cartoon how Beast Boy was basically raised by the Doom Patrol.

Slayven

They better not make Beast Boy and Raven the kiddies of the group. Hoping everyone is around the same age. Even if it means we get Robin over Nightwing.

Why not? Beast Boy typically always been the youngest of the bunch, hell even when they grown

Ross61

It's already confirmed that Dick will be Nightwing and in his 20s.

If I had to guess they'll have Beast Boy and Raven has the youngest members, then Dick and Kori will be older so they can toss in the romance angle.

Slayven

Definitely. Although Raven's the one where they can get away with it more, since her thing being a child of doom means her relationship with the rest of the team would be like an orphan in their custody, kind of like in the cartoon how Beast Boy was basically raised by the Doom Patrol.

They actually got that from the comics

dp100_005.png

Give her black hair and a slightly more age appropriate costume and she would look exactly like raven from the Teen Titans show.

I can see it.

Why... why did you post this.

I think it is pretty obvious this is a child and not some 18 year old.

Ithil

Not much to go on, she appears to be a virtual unknown. I hope they don't try to shy away from proper costumes for the team.
In that I hope they don't just give her a blue hoody and call it a day.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait, they're actually teens!? I though we were getting CW twenty somethings.

The actress should look like Raven with black hair.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hmm, they're casting way younger than I expected then. I thought they'd just get 18-19 year olds so they could shoot as much as possible with them.

Wait is this the series they were making for TNT(or whatever network) or is this something different? Is it now just gonna be only on the streaming service? That streaming service is gonna be a massive failure.

Also every time this comes up I think about Beast Boy on a TV budget.

Mortemis

Banned
man I totally forgot about this. DC digital service? meh

I can see it.

...that's clearly a kid. Anyone that would get in trouble would know exactly what they're doing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait is this the series they were making for TNT(or whatever network) or is this something different? Is it now just gonna be only on the streaming service? That streaming service is gonna be a massive failure.

It seems to be an all encompassing DC service. Their animation, comics and stuff like this. I'd guess older live action stuff will land there too. Probably won't include CW stuff though because that's with a Netflix.

Slayven

No, that's just me speculating based on this being made for their digital service. I mean, Star Trek Discovery does look great so who knows but I'm not super confident, especially when it comes to Beast Boy's powers.

You know how this is going to go. In the beginning of the fight Beast Boy will get thrown behind some boxes and then a dog suddenly appears to attack the enemy

Also every time this comes up I think about Beast Boy on a TV budget.

This was the TNT show. Now DC is putting it on their new thing. It's hybrid service.

It's like DC TV (and maybe animation/movie?) streaming combined with a Marvel Unlimited type comic service.

If I'm understanding it all correctly.

Ross61

No, that's just me speculating based on this being made for their digital service. I mean, Star Trek Discovery does look great so who knows but I'm not super confident, especially when it comes to Beast Boy's powers.
I personally don't think they would skimp on the budget for something that requires as much CGI as Beast Boy is gonna need.

You know how this is going to go. In the beginning of the fight Beast Boy will get thrown behind some boxes and then a dog suddenly appears to attack the enemy

Dogs, rats, and cats are gonna be Beast Boy's favorite transformations maybe an occasional horse.

Maybe they can buy the rights to some old Manimal footage and just run it through a green color filter.

aly

Why not? Beast Boy typically always been the youngest of the bunch, hell even when they grown

I know but they've been rested to the point of not knowing their former older friends is a little annoying. I guess less so here if they do it right.

Anyway, where are my Nightwing and Starfire castings. Those are what I'm super interested in.

Top Bottom