• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

’Pacific Rim 2’ synopsis released ahead of NYCC trailer

tumblr_inline_mz8r4487WY1r0ly11.gif

tumblr_inline_mz8r3kJt7t1r0ly11.gif

rinko-kikuchi-chocolate-02.gif

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Maybe the hacker isn't a hacker in the traditional sense at all, but a life hacker. He gives them sweet tips on the in universe youtube about making peanut butter slices the night before, oh how to correctly tie your jagers shoesies.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c74f141f155e0ef0ac3f328290af8613/tumblr_inline_mz8r4487WY1r0ly11.gif[/IG]

[IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/3c8d6f7b2b466ec55a0db293f3dd71e6/tumblr_inline_mz8r3kJt7t1r0ly11.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads//rinko-kikuchi-chocolate-02.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

This is my favorite post in the thread.

Gravidee

Maybe the hacker isn't a hacker in the traditional sense at all, but a life hacker. He gives them sweet tips on the in universe youtube about making peanut butter slices the night before, oh how to correctly tie your jagers shoesies.

Maybe this hacker character has found a way to remote pilot Jaegers without actually needing to be inside of one?

Glad Mako is still in this. All of this sounds fun aside frop maybe the teen hacker but whatever, I can't wait for the trailer, I'm loving this kaiju renaissance.

JCX

Ready to cancel the apocalypse again!

Hope this one is in IMAX 3D again. One of the few movies I've seen that really benefits from it.

Raysoul

I maybe in the minority that didn't like the first movie, specially the battle scenes. The final battle is unwatchable as they fight in the deep ocean. Transformers has "some" better fight scenes. I'm not the one who criticize the story so much, so if they would improve the action scenes, I'm in.

8JAjX7dl.jpg

So safe to safe Eastwood is piloting with Finn. My guess he gets killed at some point and then it is a Pentecost Jaeger with Mako and Finn at the end.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Its all about the robots and monsters designs and the CGI fights. If those are on point Im in

We'll see how much budget they put in the effects. ILM did the first one on a smaller than usual budget for what a show like that should have. Probably why they're not involved in this one.

Looks like Double Negative is the primary VFX house, so maybe some of the UK tax breaks help reduce the costs a bit while keeping the budget reasonable?

Korigama

Hm, lack of Charlie Hunnam giving them a potential excuse to ID4: Resurgence his character (as mentioned by others already), no Ron Perlman, different composer, different mechanical designer, switching to solo pilots, and Guillermo del Toro not directing all amount to more potentially working against this movie than in its favor to me. Indifferent to Scott Eastwood, but nothing he's done in the past has stood out to me.
Is Charlie day in this?
Yes.

Ready to cancel the apocalypse again!

Hope this one is in IMAX 3D again. One of the few movies I've seen that really benefits from it.

This line makes me chuckle like a giddy schoolgirl, every gotdamned time!

It's so far off the lameness scale it loops back around again and is awesome.

And Idris Elba's delivery was just genius. It's like he wanted to channel Bill Pullman's speech in ID4, but at the same time he knows the lines he's given are shit, but he's like, "fuck it, I'll give it everything I've got anyway!"

Loooool, I loved it.

PSqueak

Banned
Is this the first time Mako is confirmed? I remember being bummed as I followed this movie early on because they never mentioned her. I hope they didn't 'ID4 Resurgence' Charlie Hunnam's character, though.

Same here, im okay with him not being important to the plot, but he deserves a proper sendoff.

To be fair he was the worst thing in the first film (aside from Burn Gorman) so it'd be no great loss. That's no disrespect to Charlie Hunnam but the character was just so insipid.

The character still doesn't deserve to have, quoting "the grinder" here, "a coward's death off screen", he needs a cameo and a proper reason to not have him in the movie that doesn't cockblock the character from appearing in hypothetical sequels.

All the mechs are solo pilot now.

The two posters released include John Boyega and Scott Eastwood standing in front of the same Jaeger. I'm pretty sure this was never confirmed and was just something people were worried about because of that crappy first trailer only featuring Boyega.

Davidion

Mmmmmm, mmmmm, the plot really seems to reflect a deep personal struggle, and I really look forward to this being a heartwarming story of human redemption, something we really need in these troubled times of ours.

Also:

lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif
lXNXocm.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Paesano is alright.

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but as long as the theme comes back I'm a happy man.

I goddamn love that first movie so much, such a fun and cool blockbuster that really taps into the 8 year old part of my brain. Been excited as hell for this sequel. Mako being the new badass leader of this whole operation has me ECSTATIC. Shame about no Raleigh but they can just say he got transferred to like, another Shatterdome base or whatever.

So in related news, the viral website updated at www.gojaeger.com , the homepage has a passcode you need to enter, its 65*789 (which plays a nice jingle version of the theme) and opens up a countdown clock showing the time till the trailer (Friday at noon)

Let the page sit for awhile, and you get some, interesting but very brief clips of what seems to be the new bad boy Kaijus, they go by very fast but someone complied them into a gif

tumblr_oxb527L0oT1s2jfn0o1_540.gif

RRockman

Banned
I really liked the first so I'm beyond in for this, but I really, really want a gundam type show like this. It seems like the people involved are competent enough that a travesty like G-savior won't happen again.

Can we get cool looking mechs that don't die in 30 seconds? China and Russia got fucked over and they had the coolest looking bots.

Boyega looking goooood.

But I don't have much faith that this movie will great, but it's a kaiju/mech movie...to have a sequel for this from Hollywood is already pretty amazing enough

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sounds kinda lame to even consider wasting the budget of PR II on something as lukewarm as that, unless there's something more to it.

Anyway, can't wait, HUGE fan of the first one, but man, Scott Fucking Eastwood? That guy sucks.

They could always do the 'crazy scientist gathers fighting data from the battles to build his own advanced genetically engineered kaiju and the countries must team up at the end to defeat the menace' shtick lol

Arkeband

Banned
Maybe this hacker character has found a way to remote pilot Jaegers without actually needing to be inside of one?

If the aliens make their own jaeger-inspired kaiju, that hacker will be their only trump card in bringing it down, because if he can hack a jaeger he can hack a kaiju-jaeger!

Top Bottom