• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

’Pacific Rim 2’ synopsis released ahead of NYCC trailer

Haruko

Can we get cool looking mechs that don't die in 30 seconds? China and Russia got fucked over and they had the coolest looking bots.

If China has a bot in this one, i expect it to last much longer since their box office is why we are being blessed with this sequel

Jake is such a generic name, especially after going through Stacker Pentacost. You should have named him Hayrick or something, ha.

And yet the first one was pure anime. The music. the pacing. the dialog. The characters. Just happened to use a live action illustration technique.

The music wasn't very anime-like. It was a guitar, with RC trappings. Decent score, but I wouldn't describe it as very animesque either.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jake is such a generic name, especially after going through Stacker Pentacost. You should have named him Hayrick or something, ha.

The music wasn't very anime-like. It was a guitar, with RC trappings. Decent score, but I wouldn't describe it as very animesque either.

It was completely Anime. Out of nowhere metal guitar licks with over-earnest orchestral stuff.

Can’t remember why I didn’t like the first one. I think cause it wasn’t dark enough, the first trailer showed gigantic kaiju wreaking shit and it was mysterious.

JdFoX187

Banned
Can’t remember why I didn’t like the first one. I think cause it wasn’t dark enough, the first trailer showed gigantic kaiju wreaking shit and it was mysterious.

Why would you take a movie with the basic concept of giant mechs fighting giant monsters and make it "dark?" That defeats the purpose. It's a ridiculous concept on its own that demands plenty of cheese.

kurahador

First set of stills from the movie.
mArn6va.jpg

aQCYQCO.jpg

MSEj6nu.jpg

zkAZgHS.jpg

Cardon

The pilot suits don't look great.

Yeah like so far that's the only thing leaving me iffy about the movie. Even looking at the suits in the movie as opposed to that set pic that surfaced last year the suits look a bit too plain.

Alx

At least dual pilots are still in.
Not ecstatic on the new pilot suits, but the original were also silly looking after all. Only cooler.

JdFoX187

Banned
Man, as much as I loved the original and have been hyped for this, I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be a budget sequel. It just comes off cheaper than what the original looked. Then again, there's still time and these are only the first shots.

Can we get cool looking mechs that don't die in 30 seconds? China and Russia got fucked over and they had the coolest looking bots.

That was on purpose to show how bad the Kaiju were, and how tough Gipsy now was.

They jobbed hard, but Striker didn't. His L was out of nowhere.

Yea, I'm seeing this.

That was on purpose to show how bad the Kaiju were, and how tough Gipsy now was.

They jobbed hard, but Striker didn't. His L was out of nowhere.

Yea, I'm seeing this.

they made the mistake of relying soley on telling us that the chinese and russian mechs were awesome so that when they fell it would have meaning. Sadly it was completely ineffective since they did not SHOW us that they were awesome. Kind of a rookie mistake, surprising from Del Toro

vio

Looks alright but it is missing Del Toro`s magic. Also the suits suck, but it is not end of the world if the rest is good.

Toxi

Banned
The new Gipsy looks pretty good. I still prefer the old design, but I like how this looks clearly more advanced and sleek.

ED Cantu

The new suits look like they were made for a direct to video sequel compared to the originals.

And I still don't like the look of the new Jaegers too much, but I'll watch it hoping it's good or at least entertaining

Top Bottom