• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

’Pacific Rim 2’ synopsis released ahead of NYCC trailer

It was completely Anime. Out of nowhere metal guitar licks with over-earnest orchestral stuff.

It was Djawadi. I heard very RC like music (Iron Man comes to mind of course), and wailing woman a lot. I really wouldn't call it earnest, though it certainly had some charm.

They kaiju devolve an emp that takes out all digital and analog jaegers.

* steam punk jaeger enters the screen*

We may go there. I was looking at the blueprints of the new jaegers and one of them has a EMP generator. Why would they have that unless the kaiju are also part machine now? I remember Del Toro teasing about this when the first one came out.

Loxley

xaEfHT5.jpg

Yikes these suits are such a downgrade compared to the first film's.

gforguava

Definitely not liking the new suits or Jaegars or Scott Eastwood but I'm still hopeful this will be at least approaching the coolness of the first one.

Plus we now get a 'Jaegar hacker'? That is the right level of ridiculousness. And more Mako is right what I needed to hear.

only way to save the movie for me is have the new kids on the block get wiped, and beat bad, when all hope seems lost. Mako and charlie show up in a newer gipsy and save veryone

Hopefully the movie and script is good, because the visual direction leaves A TON to be desired and that's half the reason I liked Pacific Rim.

Cant wait for the trailer. The suits look meh but maybe they'll be better in motion. Thats the only iffy thing so far.

I'm liking the mechs and day time fighting should be excellent. HYPED

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The mechs have lost so much of what made them unique and stick out amongst other mech designs in media, which is really killing my hype, but I'm here for this regardless.

Kalentan

Honestly my hype kind of got dampened the more I see of this stuff...

Not to mention I don’t like the removal of Charlie Hammon. I mean he wasn’t anything to write home about but it’s weird them being just gone.

I hope at least they address it in some way that isn’t just killing them off.

Honestly my hype kind of got dampened the more I see of this stuff...

Not to mention I don’t like the removal of Charlie Hammon. I mean he wasn’t anything to write home about but it’s weird them being just gone.

I hope at least they address it in some way that isn’t just killing them off.

Yeah, would actually piss me off.

Man people confuse cheese and camp way too often.

This is totally gonna bomb and not be anywhere near as interesting as the first, but I'm not expecting a lot from it anyways since del Toro isn't that involved. I get the cheap Ultraman vibe from this but it's nothing offensive. I'd be fine with basic monster and Jaeger action.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yes and no. Black actors generally have to get involved in the production side of films to keep steady work. Good that he's able to do so but it's still sad he has to do so.
True, but also this has always felt like a Bayonetta 2 situation. I don't think this movie happens without Boyega

Trailer is attached to Blade Runner. Definitely some interesting things going on with the trailer that I haven’t seen mentioned yet.

Apt101

Sounds like a pretty good premise. Sounds like it should have more oomph to the plot than the first, which was pretty thin.

Trailer is attached to Blade Runner. Definitely some interesting things going on with the trailer that I haven’t seen mentioned yet.
Oh, really? That's cool. This might be the first time in quite a while that I see a trailer for a movie I'm interested in on a theater/IMAX screen before seeing it on Youtube

Anung

Un Rama
Even though I've been critical about the suit designs and the slim Jaegers I'm still stoked we're getting this at all.

Gimme dem Kaijus.

gatti-man

The new trailer played on Blade Runner that I saw today. It’s pretty bad ass, new suits look fine. It still is kindof cheesy but I’m all in.

KodaRuss

I saw the trailer before Blade Runner 2049 tonight and it looks pretty damn good. I am in for sure. The Jaegers look sick as hell.

Bentendo

Saw the trailer before Blade Runner. Definitely a different direction than the original. I'll need to see it again before I come up with any opinions

Geist-

Yep, trailer up before BR2049. Most anime thing I've ever seen from Hollywood. So many bright colors, they're definitely not going to fall back on the night time raining thing again.

Top Bottom