• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100% Flat Earth Proof

bigedole

How’s the Pole star work on a ball that is not only spinning, but also orbiting the sun? Instead of believing everything you’re told, use your own eyes. The way the stars appear to move don’t match what science says at all.

The sun and moon are both closer and smaller than what we’re told. If you walked outside right now and didn’t have all the false programming we’re fed since kindergarten, you’d perceive the sun as being right up in the sky instead of millions of miles away.

So why can't someone shine a super bright light into the sky and illuminate the sun for me in New York while it's shining over Beijing? It's not that far away, right?

Also, what force keeps the sun and moon locked into their planar rotation above the flat earth?

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
well... if the universe does turn out to be a hologram, then I guess technically the earth could be flat.

So why can't someone shine a super bright light into the sky and illuminate the sun for me in New York while it's shining over Beijing? It's not that far away, right?

Also, what force keeps the sun and moon locked into their planar rotation above the flat earth?

Light doesn’t travel that far. Think of your car’s headlights. They don’t illuminate the entire block when you’re driving do they? And God keeps the sun and moon in order.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I used to think this flat earth nonsense is something only possible in the US, but one of my colleagues here in central Europe claims he is one. I‘ve heard so many silly stories that I‘ve come to the conclusion that Flat Earth Theorists are just trolls. This can’t possibly be real movement. You may call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I will refuse to believe that they are real.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
How’s the Pole star work on a ball that is not only spinning, but also orbiting the sun? Instead of believing everything you’re told, use your own eyes. The way the stars appear to move don’t match what science says at all.

The sun and moon are both closer and smaller than what we’re told. If you walked outside right now and didn’t have all the false programming we’re fed since kindergarten, you’d perceive the sun as being right up in the sky instead of millions of miles away.
God not this again. Just look at the gifs above mate. And have TheGreatYosh TheGreatYosh do the same.

As exciting as it is to doubt everything, Aristotele already proved a round earth way before we even knew how space looked like. There is literally no valid reason to believe in a flat earth unless you see ghosts around every staircase you encounter.

I used to think this flat earth nonsense is something only possible in the US, but one of my colleagues here in central Europe claims he is one. I‘ve heard so many silly stories that I‘ve come to the conclusion that Flat Earth Theorists are just trolls. This can impossibly be real movement. You may call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I will refuse to believe that they are real.
The Dutch also have their Flat Earthers, there is even a convention dedicated to the theory.

bigedole

Light doesn’t travel that far. Think of your car’s headlights. They don’t illuminate the entire block when you’re driving do they? And God keeps the sun and moon in order.

Alright, so at least now I understand you don't expect to explain what you think through physics :)

We have lights bright enough to be visible from space, surely we could direct one of these at the expected location of the sun and easily prove what you think.

Tell me how timezones work then and how that CN Tower gif is supposed to work

Also, what isn't true? How do you think the night works?
I'm not disagreeing with your gifs. I'm just saying there is a limit on how far we can see. Have you ever looked at a plane and watched it until it landed somewhere?

Last edited:

Redneckerz

I'm not disagreeing with your gifs. I'm just saying there is a limit on how far we can see. Have you ever looked at a plane and watched it until it landed somewhere?
Then what are you disagreeing with? Because i never postulated the idea that we can see across the world. Well, unless you are in space, than you can see one half of a Marble shaped Earth floating in the vastness of space.

Local visible lights have a termination point and are limited by the width of your light glass. If you wanted to illuminate the whole block, you would need a spherical light to begin with.

Light itself travels with 300.000 km/s (more or less). Please elaborate how Light cannot travel far

Its why space probe signals that work through radio take so long aswell. You can't go faster than the speed of light.

Alright, so at least now I understand you don't expect to explain what you think through physics :)

We have lights bright enough to be visible from space, surely we could direct one of these at the expected location of the sun and easily prove what you think.

Nah. The whole thing is garbage. Why is it cold in space? Even in direct sunlight? How is it possible that light travels here over the course of millions of miles yet temperatures can vary wildly from one state to the next?

Then what are you disagreeing with? Because i never postulated the idea that we can see across the world. Well, unless you are in space, than you can see one half of a Marble shaped Earth floating in the vastness of space.

Local visible lights have a termination point and are limited by the width of your light glass. If you wanted to illuminate the whole block, you would need a spherical light to begin with.

Light itself travels with 300.000 km/s (more or less). Please elaborate how Light cannot travel far

Its why space probe signals that work through radio take so long aswell. You can't go faster than the speed of light.

Light scatters or widens as it travels unless it’s focused like a laser and even that widens. The pictures nasa themselves give us depict the sun as a fiery orb in the sky, heat is supposed to rise and again we’re millions of miles away. The whole scientific concept of how the sun works is not only complete nonsense but it’s a lie.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
428718.jpg
This gotta be the most hilarious thing I‘ve seen in week. Buahahaha

hecatomb

Banned
People who think the earth is flat, are the same kind of morons who think lizard people are walking among us.

bigedole

Nah. The whole thing is garbage. Why is it cold in space? Even in direct sunlight? How is it possible that light travels here over the course of millions of miles yet temperatures can vary wildly from one state to the next?

Light scatters or widens as it travels unless it’s focused like a laser and even that widens. The pictures nasa themselves give us depict the sun as a fiery orb in the sky, heat is supposed to rise and again we’re millions of miles away. The whole scientific concept of how the sun works is not only complete nonsense but it’s a lie.

I've never actually exchanged thoughts with someone who believes the earth is flat. Fascinating that you really believe this.

I can’t say for certain that it’s “flat” because it’s not. It has hills. It’s a 100% certainty that we aren’t moving though. It we were to be spinning 1000mph as well as orbiting the sun, time lapse videos of the sky would reveal the stars making Spirograph type patterns. That doesn’t happen.

To be honest though, my findings didn’t come from observation at first. They came from scripture. The Bible mentions God making the sun stop in the sky as well as making it go backward. It also doesn’t describe the earth as a globe anywhere. That lead me to start looking and when you do, the truth becomes pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Let´s make the mother of all assumptions and pretend that everything you´ve ever been taught about the nature of our solar system is bogus. What would be the point of doing this and what do the perpetrators of such lies stand to gain? For the sake argument, lets also pretend that "its the longest running troll job ever" isn´t a satisfactory answer.

My money is on gay aliens.

Let´s make the mother of all assumptions and pretend that everything you´ve ever been taught about the nature of our solar system is bogus. What would be the point of doing this and what do the perpetrators of such lies stand to gain? For the sake argument, lets also pretend that "its the longest running troll job ever" isn´t a satisfactory answer.

My money is on gay aliens.

Us being some random happening in a vast galaxy of possibilities goes against the truth of why and how we got here. God made this place for us to enjoy and to seek him and his truths. Only one answer is correct. One has us being gifted life by and all that comes with it as well as the promise of eternal life through his son if you abide by his laws, the other has us as some chance happening where no one is important and since we’re all here why not live as you wish “as long as you’re not hurting anyone”.

Btw I never said light doesn’t travel. It doesn’t travel that far. Either that or it scatters. You can’t even focus a laser beam without it dispersing and getting larger at some point. You can see the source of the light from a distance even but you yourself can still be in complete darkness while seeing the source and the light itself.

Last edited:

are you serious or just being sarcastic?

20cent

Banned
I used to think this flat earth nonsense is something only possible in the US, but one of my colleagues here in central Europe claims he is one. I‘ve heard so many silly stories that I‘ve come to the conclusion that Flat Earth Theorists are just trolls. This can’t possibly be real movement. You may call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I will refuse to believe that they are real.
Flat earth and reptilians theories are a conspiracy to make all conspiracies sound like garbage.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I am so glad I came back and got caught up on this thread. I needed the laugh lol

dionysus

Yaldog
Guys if I pour water on a basketball it doesn't stick, earth flat confirmed.

Reality: F = G*(m1)*(m2)/r^2
Perfectly explains both why the water doesn't stick to the basketball but does stick to the earth.

All the flat earth simplistic observations that "disprove" a globe are already explained by unifying physics equations with no inconsistency.

Akuza89

The fact that people believe this... shows how desperate someone is to be part of something. Get a real hobby. The earth is a square. Now shut up.

Mohonky

I can’t say for certain that it’s “flat” because it’s not. It has hills. It’s a 100% certainty that we aren’t moving though. It we were to be spinning 1000mph as well as orbiting the sun, time lapse videos of the sky would reveal the stars making Spirograph type patterns. That doesn’t happen.

To be honest though, my findings didn’t come from observation at first. They came from scripture. The Bible mentions God making the sun stop in the sky as well as making it go backward. It also doesn’t describe the earth as a globe anywhere. That lead me to start looking and when you do, the truth becomes pretty obvious.

……….should have just made this statement to begin with.

Azurro

Banned

Aha, I just knew this whole crazy flat earth theory had to do with religion. You love the attention you get when you do this, don't you?

The consistent punchline with all Flat Earthers is the same: A literal belief in the religious concept of the firmament. They are willing to accept nonsense in the pursuit of validation of this.

Now if there is an atheist flat earther... that's just madness I can't even see the angle for.

Azurro

Banned
The consistent punchline with all Flat Earthers is the same: A literal belief in the religious concept of the firmament. They are willing to accept nonsense in the pursuit of validation of this.

Now if there is an atheist flat earther... that's just madness I can't even see the angle for.

Well, religious people accept way crazier and non sensical ideas already. What is believing the earth is flat compared to all the silly stuff you can find in the bible?

Redneckerz

Light can exist in the vacuum of space. One of the reason distant planets are colder than others is because the sun's heat is so little that by the time it arrives its almost gone. Other planets contain a cold, thick atmosphere and/or a different nucleus core. Not all planets are one and the same, and the only reason we know so much that we know of them is through the space probes.

If you are going to refer to biblical scripture as your source of explaining things, than you should be aware that such biblical scripture does not correlate with reality, especially when taken literally like you do. If you have any interest in knowing how space works, you would read up on it.

Instead, you refer to your scripture, and everything else is invalid.

There is nothing wrong with believing (obviously), but it becomes problematic as soon as you start defying common sense logic literally proven by scientific method in favor of a omni-present deity without providing any reasonable stance to rely upon.

Alright, prove to me that its not only nonsense, but also a lie. I am literally opening up to alternative thought here. Given your history, you should know that i am sceptical that you actually will follow through with a source that makes sense, but since you make this claim, go ahead.

They came from scripture. The Bible mentions God making the sun stop in the sky as well as making it go backward. It also doesn’t describe the earth as a globe anywhere. That lead me to start looking and when you do, the truth becomes pretty obvious.
Oh no, it does not. But what does Creation say about Isaiah 40:22?
For transparency, Isaiah 40:22 says this:
Isaiah 40:22 said:
''It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;''
Scholars have gone to town to explain what the bolded means. What does it say about the shape of the Earth? Creation gives an explanation. I have spoilered it as it is lengthy.
The first line of Isaiah 40:22 reads, “It is he [i.e. God] who sits above the circle of the earth.” Some have argued from this that Scripture teaches the earth to be a flat disc, rather than a globe. However, even if the original Hebrew is correctly understood to refer to a circle, this doesn’t necessarily indicate something flat; a sphere appears as a circle when seen from above—and indeed from whatever direction it is viewed. Moreover, there is good reason to believe that the word translated ‘circle’ might be better translated ‘sphere’.

The Hebrew word in question is khûg (חוּג) which is also found in Job 22:14 where, in many Bible versions, it is translated ‘vault’. For example, the New American Standard Bible reads, “Clouds are a hiding place for Him, so that He cannot see; and He walks on the vault of heaven.” Clearly ‘vault’ carries the sense of something three-dimensional and is given as the primary meaning of khûg in the well-known Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon.1 In modern Hebrew, a sphere is denoted by khûg, along with kaddur, galgal, and mazzal.2 In Arabic (another Semitic language), kura means ball and is the word used in the Van Dyck-Boustani Arabic Bible (1865) to translate khûg in Isaiah 40:22.

A case can also be made from modern European terms denoting sphericity. Philologists have discovered a number of Indo-European words that appear to be related to Semitic words, whether of shared origin or having been borrowed in the distant past.3 While there is no specific evidence confirming a link in the case of the Hebrew word khûg, it may be significant that, in Indo-European languages, there are similar-sounding words that definitely refer to a spherical object, examples being kugel (Middle High German), kula (Polish), kugla (Serbo-Croatian) and gugā (their Proto-Indo-European root).4,5,6

Various sixteenth century Latin Bibles indicate that medieval scholars understood khûg in Isaiah 40:22 to refer to the sphericity of the earth. For example, Santes Pagnino translated this sphaera, and Benedictus Arias Montanus and François Vatable globus. The seventeenth century Giovanni Diodati Bible also used globus and the eighteenth century Dutch Hebraist Campeius Vitringa used orbis.7 More recently, the Spanish Jerusalem Bible used ‘orb’ and the Italian Riveduta Bible ‘globo’.
However its conclusion ill post here, and since it references terminology made in the spoiler below, you are therefore compelled to read the explanation first, before doing anything else.
Conclusion

While most modern Bible versions translate khûg as ‘circle’, a good case can be made that ‘sphere’ was the sense intended by the original Hebrew. Historically, scholars have often taken this view, preferring the Latin words sphaera, globus and orbis. The recent preference for ‘circle’ may have arisen from the belief that people living in Isaiah’s time were too primitive to realise the true nature of the earth. This would seem unlikely, however, as Job 26:7, probably written several centuries before, states that God “hangs the earth on nothing,” indicating that the ancient Hebrews had quite a sophisticated understanding of cosmology.

Everyone is in agreement that khûg carries the sense of roundness, and common usage makes clear that this can refer to either a two or three dimensional geometry. Hence, it cannot be argued that Isaiah 40:22 clearly teaches the earth to be a disc. Moreover, even if khûg does refer to a circle here, this doesn’t necessarily indicate flatness as a globe appears as a circle from whatever direction it is viewed.
Even scholars who read the bible and researched it came to the conclusion that the original Hebrew text is more likely to refer to a sphere rather than a flat surface.

low education people, limited math and physics knowledge, suckers, idiots
I wouldnt call them the last names but yeah, i think its not a good thing to take any religious book literally. When you do, you will also start to question things that are readily apparent and observable and pertain that they are false.

are you serious or just being sarcastic?
He is serious.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Who takes this seriously?

like a lot of the internet, it's a mix of taking it seriously, trolling, just asking questions, ironic trolling, etc. ie nearly impossible to tell. i consider it a form of archaic nostalgia. we have run out of modern nostalgia so have to search further and further into the distant past.

im not against re-evaluating long-held truths. if science is going to be the objective truth it needs to withstand any and all scrutiny. if someone finds a newer, more accurate model of the universe, that will actually be science at work. science has been wrong in the past, no reason to think it won't be proven wrong again in the future.

however, the flat earth thing has been discredited so many times, for hundreds of years. even in the middle ages there were commonly accepted theories of a round earth. many of the experiments you can use to disprove a flat earth can be performed by modern man in an instant. "We cannot see across the world" may have been a compelling argument 100 years ago but i interact with people on the other side of the world daily for work through webchats, places where it is nighttime for them while it is morning for me. there is immediate confirmation of timezones.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I asked my buddy who is into this, he sent me this which I find quite interesting... On the government's own sites/documents.

16 NASA & CIA Documents that Prove Flat & Non-Rotating Earth.

01-page 12:

"aircraft flying in a stationary atmosphere over flat nonrotating earth"

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88072main_H-1259.pdf

02-page 108:

"aircraft flying over flat, nonrotating earth"

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890005752.pdf

03-page 126:

"The nonlinear equations of motion used are six-degree-of-freedom equations sith stationary atmosphere and flat, nonrotating earth assumptions."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890007066.pdf

04-page 2:

"The method is limited, however, to application where a flat, nonrotating earth may be assumed. "

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720012071.pdf

05-page 11:

"The nonlinear equations of motion used in this model are general six-degree-of-freedom equations representing the flight dynamics of a rigid aircraft flying in a stationary atmosphere over a flat nonrotating earth"

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88248main_H-1777.pdf

06-page 32:

"Lastly, the equations of motion for the zeroth-order problem of flight in a vacuum over a flat Earth are presented."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19940020279.pdf

07-page 2:

"In this paper, the rigid body equations of motion over a flat non-rotating earth "

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20070030307.pdf

08-page 14:

"The earth is flat and non-rotating."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19790005472.pdf

09-page 25:

"The helicopter equations of motion are given in body axes with rerpect to

a flat, nonrotating Earth."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810003557.pdf

10-page 13:

"A model frequently used is that of a flat, nonrotating earth."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19650015408.pdf

11-page 19:

"These equations assume a rigid vehicle and a flat, nonrotating Earth."

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88733main_H-2465.pdf

12-page 9:

"For aircraft problems, the state and measurement models together

represent the kinematics of a rigid body for describing motion over a flat, nonrotating Earth"

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19880014378.pdf

13-page 14:

"A flat, nonrotating earth"

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19710018599.pdf

14-page 2:

"In our minimum time-to-climb problem, the aircraft is modeled as a point mass and the flight trajectory is strictly confined in a vertical plane on a non-rotating, flat earth."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20060053337.pdf

15-page 8:

"the missile position in space is computed relative to a flat nonrotating earth."

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20040008097.pdf

CIA

Page 20 “Flat Earth”

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP86-00513R001343720008-3.pdf

That’s some pretty heavy evidence right there. NASA, USAF, FAA & CIA all admit earth is flat and non rotating.

Last edited:
I asked my buddy who is into this, he sent me this which I find quite interesting... On the government's own sites/documents.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannng!!

But wait...NASA lies tho 🤔

Dude, space is a vacuum, meaning that there are almost no particles that could dissipate the heat like in an atmosphere. Also space is not "cold", it doesn't even have a temperature. Temperature is the measure of how fast particles like atoms and molecules are moving around. That why things (planets, dust, surfaces, spaceships, astronauts) in space can have a temperature but space itself doesn't because it's a vacuum.

Areas of surface in full sunlight on the moon can reach temperatures up to 130 degrees Celsious, while shadowed regions cool down to as low as -160 degrees Celsius. The extreme differences in temperature are because the moon has no atmosphere that can dissipate the heat emanating from the sun.

Ever wondered why your thermos keeps your coffee hot for such a long time? Now you know.

Btw I never said light doesn’t travel. It doesn’t travel that far. Either that or it scatters. You can’t even focus a laser beam without it dispersing and getting larger at some point. You can see the source of the light from a distance even but you yourself can still be in complete darkness while seeing the source and the light itself.

How in the flying f*ck are you supposed to see the source of light if it doesn't travel that far?

To be honest though, my findings didn’t come from observation at first. They came from scripture.

Yeah and 2500 years ago, people thought that Zeus was throwing lightning bolts. Until some smart people came along and observed nature in order to figure it out. You know, I'm all for open debate and the free exchange of ideas, but your insane bullcr*p is really testing my patience.

5mMF7Xk.jpg

Last edited:
All of that was mentioned in the video I just posted and he actually uses that knowledge to debunk space travel. They would have cooked on the moon and needed 4 feet of lead to get through the van Allen belts 😂 CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog

They are saying they are simplifying the math, not that the earth is flat and non-rotating. Its like using Newton's equations of motion. From most frames of reference they are good enough, but if you want to be truly accurate you have to throw in general and special relativity. However, accounting for that .0000000000000001% error is not worth it.

Edit. Let me put it another way.

An equation of motion where you need to account for the curvature of the earth and its rotation: Falcon 9 capsule rendezvousing with the ISS.

An equation of motion where you do not need to account for the curvature of the earth and its rotation: The path of a thrown baseball.

An equation of motion where you would need to account for relativistic effects. The motion of a rogue star moving opposite the prevalent spin of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Last edited:

bigedole

I have to ask, are you trolling or seriously suggesting that these agencies are saying the Earth is flat in these documents? Because our friend here seems to be taking you seriously :p

All of that was mentioned in the video I just posted and he actually uses that knowledge to debunk space travel.

I think to have made it pretty clear that I'm not going to waste my precious time watching some fool spewing inane conspiracy theories on youtube. Come again if you have acquired the most fundamental understanding of physics required to actually have a reasonable discussion.

They would have cooked on the moon and needed 4 feet of lead to get through the van Allen belts...

Well duh, that's why your average spacesuit has 14 layers of protective materials and a frikkin' liquid cooling system so that you don't boil to death. They are basically walking thermos cans:

gd5a80f76e.png

First you claim that the sun doesn't heat things up in space and now you're claiming the complete opposite. Then you say that light doesn't travel that far, yet you're able to see the light source. You're so hilariously inconsistent and flat out wrong it's not even funny anymore.

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

Dayum, you really showed us godless people!

P.S.: I'd rather end up in hell and get f*cked up the rear by Saddam Hussein rather than accept your insane crap.

Last edited:
That part was a joke, obviously. I find it amusing that “scientifically enlightened” people like yourself get SO frustrated when people question whack ass nonsense science. So you’re telling me that the sun, which is 9,941 degrees hot, somehow gives off this heat, but it doesn’t go anywhere because of the vacuum of space, which has no temperature (yet we’re always shown things freezing in space because it’s supposedly so cold) BUT SOMEHOW over the course of literally millions of miles of temperatureless vacuum, once the light hits earth, WHA~LAH! it’s hot again! So does the suns heat teleport or what, bro? Use your brain. Not just regurgitate what you’ve been taught.

Last edited:
Top Bottom