• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Films To See In May (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
whoa whoa whoa...white chicks and little man were pretty funny movies. I'm gonna see Dance Flick

Ford Prefect said:
I figure this thread is as good as any to say that I thought 17 Again sucked. So disappointing...

Maybe it was impossible for me to be disappointed since I had less than zero expectations. Sorry you hated it. :/

STAR TREK tomorrow!!! I can't freaking wait.

Here is what I have on my schedule so I can give you guys impressions:

Angels and Demons - May 14th
Terminator Salvation - May 18th (will skip it for 500 Days of Summer screening though)
The Hangover - May 20th (can't wait!)

jax (old)

Banned
Seeing: Star Trek, Up, Terminator, Wolverine

the trailer for angels and demons really annoy.

probably not may but TRANSFORMER 2 is HOT.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really don't think we need posts announcing future content on your site.

The annoying qualities of your posts have now transferred to your avatar. You're making me hate Where the Wild Things Are!

Dan said:
I really don't think we need posts announcing future content on your site.

The annoying qualities of your posts have now transferred to your avatar. You're making me hate Where the Wild Things Are!

Actually I'm not allowed to post reviews early, but I can certainly give early impressions. So those would be GAF-exclusive. And I think it is impossible to hate Where The Wild Things Are. I can't wait til October!

Seeing Star Trek tomorrow (for some reason it's out a day early here).

But honestly I'm looking forward to Terminator even more. It is looking fucking fantastic. Then again, trailers can be deceiving.

(/remembers Mission to Mars...)

AndersTheSwede said:
Seeing Star Trek tomorrow (for some reason it's out a day early here).

But honestly I'm looking forward to Terminator even more. It is looking fucking fantastic. Then again, trailers can be deceiving.

(/remembers Mission to Mars...)

The 1st review of Terminator Salvation actually just came online: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40999

Some snippets:

"Maybe because of my low expectations, I actually came out of the cinema quite uplifted and hopeful. This isn’t as convincingly done as the Batman reboot with Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale, but I felt it was a good beginning for this storyline."

All in all I came out of the cinema with the belief that we may still have great stories from the Terminator universe, and that we at least have a fine piece of action movie, with the potential for a good story arc.

So sounds like its a good action movie and addition to the franchise. Exactly what I expected!

Cheebs

Rewrite said:
None. I'm not really interested in none of them.
You have no soul if you dont want to see Trek. Best reviewed blockbuster since the dark knight, come on man! this is what summer blockbusters are made for.

Cheebs said:
You have no soul if you dont want to see Trek. Best reviewed blockbuster since the dark knight, come on man! this is what summer blockbusters are made for.

Yeah, it blows my mind that someone couldn't be looking forward to Up or Star Trek at least a little bit.

traveler said:
Is it at least better than the DaVinci Code?

It's quite hard to say. I watched Da Vinci Code today in preparation and they are both pretty equally awful. Both these stories don't translate to the bigscreen at all unfortunately. Ron Howard is NO help.

harSon

Banned
I'll probably enjoy it then, I found The Da Vinci Code to be somewhat entertaining, nothing spectacular but definitely worth a watch.

traveler

Not Wario
DanielPlainview said:
It's quite hard to say. I watched Da Vinci Code today in preparation and they are both pretty equally awful. Both these stories don't translate to the bigscreen at all unfortunately. Ron Howard is NO help.

I actually enjoyed some of Howard's previous efforts (namely A Beautiful Mind) but, yeah, I hated the DaVinci Code, despite enjoying the book as a sort of guilty pleasure.

traveler said:
I actually enjoyed some of Howard's previous efforts (namely A Beautiful Mind) but, yeah, I hated the DaVinci Code, despite enjoying the book as a sort of guilty pleasure.

I find him to be such a generic and boring director, with only a few good films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom